Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Please Help! Don't want to burn my house down! >

Please Help! Don't want to burn my house down!

Please Help! Don't want to burn my house down!

Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Status update:

I switched the 2 outer wires on the connectors checked the voltage and everything seems good. I was able to solder the broken copper band on the balance board(ghetto rigged temporarily, new one on the way), plugged everything into the charger, set it on Lipo Balance and everything works great. The charger displays the voltage of both cells and they are balancing correctly.

Both battery and board stay completely cool to the touch, everything is working great.

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Theibault
Why are you trolling this thread? This is a helpfull forum. No need for name calling and irritating others. Just move along. PS, you need to educate yourself with some manners.
Uh, I'm not trolling anyone. All I'm saying is you get what you pay for in this hobby.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
Uh, I'm not trolling anyone. All I'm saying is you get what you pay for in this hobby.
Theibault was talking to Johnnysplits, Not you.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by joe226
Status update:

I switched the 2 outer wires on the connectors checked the voltage and everything seems good. I was able to solder the broken copper band on the balance board(ghetto rigged temporarily, new one on the way), plugged everything into the charger, set it on Lipo Balance and everything works great. The charger displays the voltage of both cells and they are balancing correctly.

Both battery and board stay completely cool to the touch, everything is working great.

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!
You can eliminate the battery board all together. Just plug the balance tap into where the balance board plugs in. Just make sure the black wire is all the way to the right. That's how I run my charger works fine.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huzzler
You can eliminate the battery board all together. Just plug the balance tap into where the balance board plugs in. Just make sure the black wire is all the way to the right. That's how I run my charger works fine.
This also means that if the OP ever reverses a plug again, he'll burn up a trace on the charger's board instead of the balance board.

Keep using the balance board. It'll burn up before the charger does.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by WindDrake
This also means that if the OP ever reverses a plug again, he'll burn up a trace on the charger's board instead of the balance board.

Keep using the balance board. It'll burn up before the charger does.
Again, that depends on the charger. I've plugged my balance board in backwards to my Prodigy Duo 620 and it gave me an error. Nothing went up in smoke. Also, you can plug your balance board in backwards just as easily.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by huzzler
This is a good suggestion, I bought two of these last week for my charger. I no longer have to tangle with a balance board.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...let-Connectors
Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah I never use balance boards. Doesn't matter if you plug it in backwards charger will detect if it's plugged in backwards.