PROTEK SERVO Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Exclamation PROTEK SERVO Questions

PTK-100T
PTK-100S
Those are the speed and torque servos and was wondering if anyone knows the company that manufactures their servos. Thanks one more question, what digital surface servo does savox make that would be good for my d8t truggy. Thanks !!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgarrettp9
PTK-100T
PTK-100S
Those are the speed and torque servos and was wondering if anyone knows the company that manufactures their servos. Thanks one more question, what digital surface servo does savox make that would be good for my d8t truggy. Thanks !!
Steering or Throttle in the truggy? I run Savox 1257 for throttle and 1267 for steering I believe.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Marks
Steering or Throttle in the truggy? I run Savox 1257 for throttle and 1267 for steering I believe.
Both, and do you know who makes the protek ones?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good luck getting them to tell you, but they have tested different gearing and motors in the servos for a year, so it's not like they just re-branded another servo. I've used Savox, Radiopost, and Hitec, and the new Protek 150T servos are the best I've used, very high quality! The only servos that are similar are the KO aluminum case servos.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
Good luck getting them to tell you, but they have tested different gearing and motors in the servos for a year, so it's not like they just re-branded another servo. I've used Savox, Radiopost, and Hitec, and the new Protek 150T servos are the best I've used, very high quality! The only servos that are similar are the KO aluminum case servos.
Really won't have thought they were in the same category as KO. What makes them so great, I also have used Radiopost, Hitec, Savox and futaba. Radiopost would be the smoothest between all stated.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Really won't have thought they were in the same category as KO. What makes them so great, I also have used Radiopost, Hitec, Savox and futaba. Radiopost would be the smoothest between all stated.
+1 on the Radiopost never had any probs and they are smooth. Back to Proteks I doubt we will ever know who makes them. To be put into KO category is another story and waiting for a good comparison.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by RedRockHobbies; 01-10-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
That is a bold statement bro.....
I'm still a Hitech guy. No other company takes back a servo after 3 years and fixes it or replaces it for free. Hell they don't even charge return shipping! That's just amazing and Hitech will always be my #1 choice just for that reason. You can buy 4-6 Hitech's and never have to buy another servo as long as you race. You can't touch that with a 100 foot pole.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgarrettp9
anyone knows the company that manufactures their servos.
Same OEM that RadioPost uses is my guess. A lot of similarities between the two, aside from both being Korean.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gixxer420
+1 on the Radiopost never had any probs and they are smooth. Back to Proteks I doubt we will ever know who makes them. To be put into KO category is another story and waiting for a good comparison.
Originally Posted by RedRockHobbies
That is a bold statement bro.....
I thought Radiopost servos were the smoothest out of the three, Hitec were the most reliable, and Savox was a mix of both (my 2nd choice). But I had problems with the Radiopost Green steering servo as it developed excessive slop in the gears and stripped one out. That was the first time I've had servo problems in 2 years/35 gallons on my JQ. But I felt the Protek servos are the the smoothest and by far the fastest servo. I had a choice to get either the KO's or the Protek's and I would make the same decision again. Also, no one else on this thread has owned the new Protek servos, so I can understand why people are doubting my experiences. But I can assure you that you will not be disappointed in the Protek servos, and they are neck and neck with the KO servos. I don't think Radiopost (or their OEM) manufacturer's them, the quality and feel of them is much different.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Your personal satisfaction notwithstanding, how can you compare the relatively new Protek servo to the KO? Just because its working great so far and is smooth, etc,etc does not by any means parlay into it being the same quality. Racers opinions are definately taken into consideration when others need to choose a servo but when I said it was "bold" to make that statement I meant that there is no statistical data or research to back it up. Regardless I am happy to hear you have such high praise for them. It's nice to offer racers cheaper alternatives when they want top notch gear. I am very impressed with the Protek tool line. I know it's off topic but they do seem to be very well made and offered at a much lower price than the "others" in the same quality department.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

The protek line looks alot like MKS.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Try here... http://www.nextlink.co.kr/

Originally Posted by Hoese37
The protek line looks alot like MKS.
Wrong country.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

The ProTek servos have been tested in every imaginable way, and then tested again. We had a year of real world on track data and testing before a single servo was put up for sale.

We had clear goals in mind for the ProTek servo project.
1. Make the best servos available.
2. Test, test, test until every single team driver was 100% happy with each servos performance.
3. Assure durability for a minimum of 1 year. We had 0 failures during this testing period!
4. The ability to offer the entire servo line at unmatched pricing.

We achieved all of our goals and are extremely proud of the project. We stand behind anything we sell and we hope you all enjoy them. If you have any questions about any ProTek products my information is in my signature.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 PM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I got a 130t on the way, cant wait to try it out! I wanted a better servo for my SCTE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.