Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PROTEK SERVO Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

I got my protek 100t last week for my duratrax dxr8-e... will update this thread with my .02 cents after i get it installed. I was going to get a savox 1256tg but the 100t was kinda close in torque so i went with it instead of the savox. put the left over cash in my gas tank...lol. 4 dollars a gallon for 93...omg! sorry for the off-topic rant.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 PM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Been running a 130T for a month in my scte, super quiet and smooth!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Got a call from A-Main today, they are looking into the shaking issue.
I told them to take there time as I have other servos.
I will report back what they come up with.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Shark413
Are replacement gear sets and cases available (just in case)?
Not sure which one you've got, but I've noticed some of them popped up recently...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...filter_mfr=209

Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

They are sending new servos.
Didn't say why.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Got 2 brand new servos in the mail.
Going to load them up and try them ASAP.
Will report back when I can.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got the 150T for my Losi 8ight T 2.0 E-Conversion. Running the Mamba Monster ESC. About to buy a BEC to get the most out of the servo and spare the ESC. Running motor brakes so the single 150T is the only servo. Which BEC do you recommend? I already have a Castle Link so either the CC BEC or CC BEC Pro seem like the logical choice, but would like opinions since I have not run a BEC before. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:50 PM
kek
Tech Adept

Just had a 130S die on me yesterday, only after 1 run. In my eyes, it's still brand new. Only had 1 qualifier and about 10mins of a final runtime.

Thought all was good after the one run, so did a 2.5hr drive to race at another track, only to have the servo ruin my day.

Mine also has the futaba shakes issue at 1mm squeeze of throttle.

Awaiting response from Amain.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry to hear your Woes guys. Sucks to hear.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

There have been a few servos that have shown signs of shaking. It does not affect the servo and it will not cause it to fail. It is however annoying and we are working on fixing the problem. I assure you it will get fixed. ProTek servos outperform everything out there and we are very upset that some of our customers have had a problem.

If ANY of you have any issues with your ProTek servos contact our customer service department for repair or replacement. We will not rest until each and every one of you are satisfied with our product.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mkorn
There have been a few servos that have shown signs of shaking. It does not affect the servo and it will not cause it to fail. It is however annoying and we are working on fixing the problem. I assure you it will get fixed. ProTek servos outperform everything out there and we are very upset that some of our customers have had a problem.

If ANY of you have any issues with your ProTek servos contact our customer service department for repair or replacement. We will not rest until each and every one of you are satisfied with our product.
Now that's how you stand behind your products!! Customer service and support, at it's very finest!

I have a 100S, 100T, 130S, and 130T currently.. All have been nothing short of exceptional and have also taken me straight to the podium, multiple times! Recently, I've noticed a slight amount of 'backlash' in the gear mesh on my 100T servo in my Pro2 SCT. With or without power, at neutral, you can wiggle the horn and primary gear about an 1/8", at the end/outside of the servo horn. No 'shakes' as of yet, and it still performs fine, it's just that I've noticed a slight left to right movement, while tearing down the straightaway.. And upon further inspection, the above is what I've come to as a preliminary conclusion.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the great products, guys.. And Marty, you're the man!!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

I put one of the new servo's in my ebuggy recently.
It started shaking again with one day of practice time.
I contacted Amain again, they admit to the problem now.
They asked me to send the servo's in for replacement, again, but this time they are sending different servo's.
So far Amain has handled this well, I just hope they get this worked out as these servo's are great.
Will report back when I have more info....
Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HotRodDiesels
I put one of the new servo's in my ebuggy recently.
It started shaking again with one day of practice time.
I contacted Amain again, they admit to the problem now.
They asked me to send the servo's in for replacement, again, but this time they are sending different servo's.
So far Amain has handled this well, I just hope they get this worked out as these servo's are great.
Will report back when I have more info....
What do you mean by that? Sending different servos?

Cheers
Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by weavty1
What do you mean by that? Sending different servos?
Cheers
If I remember the numbers correct, they are replacing the 150s with the 250t as the specs are very close.
According to the tech, one of there own is running that servo in his 1/8th scale with no issues.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

I have a 100S, 100T, 130S, and 130T currently.. All have been nothing short of exceptional and have also taken me straight to the podium, multiple times! Recently, I've noticed a slight amount of 'backlash' in the gear mesh on my 100T servo in my Pro2 SCT. With or without power, at neutral, you can wiggle the horn and primary gear about an 1/8", at the end/outside of the servo horn. No 'shakes' as of yet, and it still performs fine, it's just that I've noticed a slight left to right movement, while tearing down the straightaway.. And upon further inspection, the above is what I've come to as a preliminary conclusion.

All servos will develop a bit of play in the gear sets as they break in a bit. But if you feel it is an unusual amount or if it is negatively affecting performance please let us know so we can get it fixed or replaced for you.

I assure all of our customers that we are working extremely hard on our servo line. We have had some issues with some servos and they are being addressed. We will not rest until we provide our customers with the best servo money can buy at affordable prices. Our servos are already pumping out insane numbers, now we just need to weed out the few that have had problems and make it up to our customers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.