Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Revolectrix CellPro PowerLab 6 >

Revolectrix CellPro PowerLab 6

Revolectrix CellPro PowerLab 6

Old 02-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by REVOJohn
way cool. remember its revolectrix and not fma anymore
John, I noticed the changes on the website a while back. I知 curious, is Fred Marks no longer actively involved?

I知 assuming many probably aren't aware of how much Fred Marks has contributed to the existence and growth of the overall RC hobby. Not only from the design-business side, but also importantly as a long time AMA liaison with the FCC, protecting and enlarging the valuable radio space to operate in from the many other and mostly more powerful interests.

Some highlights for anyone interested:

Autobiography of FRED M. MARKS
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave H
John, I noticed the changes on the website a while back. I知 curious, is Fred Marks no longer actively involved?

I知 assuming many probably aren't aware of how much Fred Marks has contributed to the existence and growth of the overall RC hobby. Not only from the design-business side, but also importantly as a long time AMA liaison with the FCC, protecting and enlarging the valuable radio space to operate in from the many other and mostly more powerful interests.

Some highlights for anyone interested:

Autobiography of FRED M. MARKS
yah fred is prety much retired these days and fma is run by jamie and tim now. revolectrix was born a few years back when fma and leo merged to form a partnership that fully self designed, manufactured and retailed all its own products.........

thus all our products come under the revolectrix brand name world wide now
Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by REVOJohn
yah fred is prety much retired these days and fma is run by jamie and tim now. revolectrix was born a few years back when fma and leo merged to form a partnership that fully self designed, manufactured and retailed all its own products.........

thus all our products come under the revolectrix brand name world wide now
Certainly not surprising given his age eh? Thanks for the information.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello, i just bought a cellpro 10xp, i wnat to know which is the latest firmware version?

Thanks

Christian
Old 02-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by osorron
Hello, i just bought a cellpro 10xp, i wnat to know which is the latest firmware version?

Thanks

Christian
I believe it is 1.19 ... I recently purchased the 10XP also. It is a GREAT charger. If you haven't already, purchase the USB adapter so you can hook it up to your computer. This is the only way to download firmware if needed.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello, i already have the usb cable i think is very useful, i like this charger, i only have a question about it, i charged two batteries, the first one was almost full, the second was not, during the charge of the second one a heard one beep sound, only one, i look at the charger and computer and i didnt saw anything.
Some one knows why it beeps?
It sounds when the battery was 97% full.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You can program the first beep as a warning that the battery is near full. By default I believe it is at 90%, which is just fine for me. You may be able to turn it off altogether though
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

hello, today i was charging a lipo battery, i charge it al 15 amp, its a 2s 6300 hard case battery, but the problem is that is stops charging when the battery was at 8.36V, why does this happens?

thanks

Christian
Old 02-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

hey christian
What are your settings? Which charge option did you use?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Sorry, but wich settings you want to know?

Christian
Old 03-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Best way to set up parallel charging

What is the best way to set up the parameters if I need to parallel charge four 2S packs at 2C?

If one of the packs is 1200mAH and the other three are 6000mAH so that I don't cook the 1200mAH at 10C.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by osorron
hello, today i was charging a lipo battery, i charge it al 15 amp, its a 2s 6300 hard case battery, but the problem is that is stops charging when the battery was at 8.36V, why does this happens?

thanks

Christian
Were you in the long life charge mode or generic?
Old 03-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Team Grid RC
What is the best way to set up the parameters if I need to parallel charge four 2S packs at 2C?

If one of the packs is 1200mAH and the other three are 6000mAH so that I don't cook the 1200mAH at 10C.
Add all of the packs up, multiply by the desired charge rate. (Of course assuming all lipos are OK with a 2C charge rate, and fairly close in voltage before starting)

As long as you are using a proper parallel hookup including the balancing connections the controlled voltage of a lipo charge process will protect all of the lipos including the little one.

6Ah x 3packs + 1.2Ah = 19.2Ah
19.2Ah x 2C = 38.4 amp charge rate
Old 03-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Add all of the packs up, multiply by the desired charge rate. (Of course assuming all lipos are OK with a 2C charge rate, and fairly close in voltage before starting)

As long as you are using a proper parallel hookup including the balancing connections the controlled voltage of a lipo charge process will protect all of the lipos including the little one.

6Ah x 3packs + 1.2Ah = 19.2Ah
19.2Ah x 2C = 38.4 amp charge rate
The factory MPA and JST XH cable will be used. You are saying not to enable the parallel charging mode in the Powerlab 6?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Team Grid RC
The factory MPA and JST XH cable will be used. You are saying not to enable the parallel charging mode in the Powerlab 6?
The MPA is the best way, excellent. Sorry, I'm not fully familiar with PowerLab charge modes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.