Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Sphere

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default LRP Sphere

I have not raced in ages. Is this esc still legal ? Not the TC spec.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Legal for..............?

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737
Old 12-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
17.5 none timing
Old 12-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a sphere competition that is the same as the non comp.#80700 it doesnt have any timing modes but has hard ware and software improvements over the 80500.i dont see any timing adjustments.did they forget to add this speed ontrol to the list or because it is the same speed control is it ok.even on max settings it doesnt seem any faster than 0 timing speed controls.thanks
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I remember reading in an old thread somewhere recently that the sphere comp is legal but couldnt use I think the highest two punch profiles, It was from a google search i did. The original sphere (which I still have one) doesnt have the "outlaw" profiles mentioned in that thread. Also, in that thread there was discussion as to why those profiles werent even allowed since some places allowed them. The venue that outlawed them called lrp then decided to outlaw those two profiles. There might be some sort of timing thing going on but any local track will let you run it in stock. I personally dont think it has timing, its just much more aggressive with the higher numbered punch profiles on the comp. Considering its such an early brushless speed control, I dont think anyone will complain.

I too just got back in the hobby this year and first installed my sphere since its lighter without the heatsink, but I switched to my old sphere tc spec to have a little more control with the punch settings. Combined with one of my original novak ss 17.5 motors Im just as fast as any of the other 17.5 guys down the straight at my local track, that was with both esc units too. I just cant wait to upgrade to a new motor and see if I notice a difference, I have enough power for the moment though
Old 12-28-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 66Racer
I remember reading in an old thread somewhere recently that the sphere comp is legal but couldnt use I think the highest two punch profiles, It was from a google search i did. The original sphere (which I still have one) doesnt have the "outlaw" profiles mentioned in that thread. Also, in that thread there was discussion as to why those profiles werent even allowed since some places allowed them. The venue that outlawed them called lrp then decided to outlaw those two profiles. There might be some sort of timing thing going on but any local track will let you run it in stock. I personally dont think it has timing, its just much more aggressive with the higher numbered punch profiles on the comp. Considering its such an early brushless speed control, I dont think anyone will complain.

I too just got back in the hobby this year and first installed my sphere since its lighter without the heatsink, but I switched to my old sphere tc spec to have a little more control with the punch settings. Combined with one of my original novak ss 17.5 motors Im just as fast as any of the other 17.5 guys down the straight at my local track, that was with both esc units too. I just cant wait to upgrade to a new motor and see if I notice a difference, I have enough power for the moment though
Sounds good to me will you be racing at OCRC ? If so see ya there