Search

Upgrade From Sanwa MT-4

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Upgrade From Sanwa MT-4

This week I sold my Sanwa MT-4.
Like to upgrade to another TX.

What would be a good choice for touringcar racing (1/10th scale electric), stock, mainly outdoor on tarmac/asphalt?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Only real upgrades from mt-4 would be top end radios. M11x/12, 4pks ect. Mt4 is a very good radio.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I think I would have kept the MT-4. You're just looking to spend cash now. Like stated above, the only way up from there is the M11x or M12. I have an MT-4 and it is far better than other systems I have own from a reliability standpoint as well as having a more direct feel with the car.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Having had both. The m12 isnt leaps better in build quality either. Id prob go futaba for that. It is noticably sharper than my mt4 with te included rx and has a few more adjustability deals. Customizable menu is nice but mt4 already has he most useful menu, chset.
That cheap plastic screen cover isnt any better on the m12 either.

Im hapy with it, but not sure twice the price was worth it. An m11x is incedible value at the price amain is clearing them out now.

I will howeever add that the menu structure of the m12 is wicked compared to futabas high end or the m11x. Though for whatever reason the scroll on my wheel seems reersed?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Is there any advantage going for a M11X rather than a MT4?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

I personally couldn't answer that having never used one. guess it depends on the feature set you want. the m11x is allegedly faster by a decent margin with the right rx's and you get more features, but whether you will need the features is up to you. I was using a 3PKS before which has a messload of features, but really, i only used the most basic function of it. epa, exp, dr. the drop down was nice, backlit ect.

not sure if the m11x has it, but the m12 has point curve programming. you can set points on the exp graph and have different curves for each segment. useful for nitro throttle possibly.

i imagine the m11x has similar function as the only really new stuff is 4ws/dual esc mix and all that crawler crap i could never imagine anyone spending $600 on a radio to crawl with.

but there must be more than just the speed reason you see so many airtronics on the stand for the amains of big events.

im still too new to really exploit the functionality of the mt-4. i just wanted to get the best radio i could afford that would take the equipment out of the equation. if i crash or suck now, its just that, i suck lol.