Wiki Posts
Search

did I fry my receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default did I fry my receiver?

A buddy gave me his Kr-200 Kyosho receiver yesterday. I aldready have a rx/trx of the same.
I got home and tried to bind it with my radio and it just wouldn't. I tried and tried and tried. Then I realized, I tried with a lipo receiver battery. I then remembered I'm not supposed to hook up a lipo without precautions. (another byuddy just gave me a couple lipos. I have never used them for anything before).

Have I fried the receiver? It still powers up. Still tries to bind. Even gets some glitchy response.
If it was fried, would it just be dead?

If it ISNT destroyed, what tips can i do to bind this thing? I didnt buy it new so i know Kyosho wont replace/fix it. My original, newly purchased setup had issues and i had to send the radio in for repair.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So last night I moved the tiny switch from "f" to "g". Or vice versa. No idea what it does/did and the manual says nothing about it. Whatever it is, it immedaitely bound the receiver.