Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum DX3S Latency

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Spektrum DX3S Latency

I was told you can decrease the latency on the DX3S? Adjust settings to improve it's performance. To make it react quicker like the better radios the KO PROPO and the newer Futabas. Is there truth to this statement? I don't have any exponential on, It's all on zero. I have tried the KO PROPO and the 4PL Futaba and I don't know if I'm full of it here, but I seem to drive better with either of them, (they react quicker, seems like they are more consistent).

Thanks for any help!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

It depends on which DX3S you have. The original model only had 1 frame rate option. The updated version has 2 frame rate options. If the little sticker on the back of the radio says DSM2 then you have the updated version.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks a lot Nitro, I do have the new version. I looked at you are absolutely correct. I was wondering what it was called on the radio to adjust it. Frame rate was there... Thank you. I was told it had 3 frame rates instead of two (which turns out not to be the case, I was wondering if the Dx3R has 3), but the 11ms is the lowest the DX3S will go. They told me it has a lower setting at like 5ms, but it doesn't. Thank you for your help, I guess it's time for a new radio!!!