Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now this is a charger!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I tried out the Channel Regenerative Discharge Mode tonight. Discharged a 2s pack with an old 1157 light bulb rack from the 90's. Worked well. Pics below. With this mode and a big light bulb rack one could pump out some serious discharge wattage.
Attached Thumbnails Now this is a charger!!-4010duo_04.jpg   Now this is a charger!!-4010duo_05.jpg  
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reptile
internal resistance don't matter on a charger to much as you can buy a external meter for IR and it will work better than the ones in any charger.
I doubt that when it comes to high end chargers like this one.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If any of you use the Channel Regenerative Discharge Mode make sure your discharge bank if up to the task. I was playing with it some more tonight. Wanted to push my light rack to the max. As the discharge power got around what the light rack was rated for (~250w) I was going to take a pic and stop the discharge. I got the pic off but just as I did the solder melted on 4 of the bulbs. Bulbs dropped to the floor and solder splatters all over the floor (luckily a tile floor). Moral of the story, make sure you have sufficient cooling on your discharge rack, be it bulbs or resistors.
Attached Thumbnails Now this is a charger!!-4010duo_06.jpg   Now this is a charger!!-4010duo_07.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Folks are having discharge issues. Still not as good as a gfx..
It needs somewhere to send the juice, it doesn't have a built-in dummy load like the GFX does. If you power it from a deep cycle car battery, you can discharge at 40A and it'll put the juice back into the car battery. You can also hook a dummy load to the other charging channel and send the juice there, but you need to make sure you've got something that can take the load.

Now, all that said, I don't know what kind of information it provides when you do a 40A discharge. The Junsi reps are listening, though, and seem receptive to adding features if you ask. Check out the thread where they've been responding here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1801512