Wiki Posts
Search

Orion R10 1s ver SP gt

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Orion R10 1s ver SP gt

Hi

Thinking of buying a Orion r10 for my top rebel , but have tried the Sp speedo and is woundering if its the same electronic , as the setup via the box looks VERY MUCH the same , any ideas?

The sp shuts down because of heat , runs 1s and 3,5 turn SP (by far the quickest motor on our track) and no problems with Nosram speedo
Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Orion's R10 line is based on Hobby Wing hardware with proprietary software.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MarkA
Orion's R10 line is based on Hobby Wing hardware with proprietary software.
Okey , and same with SP? But with Orion's own software , am i understanding correct ?
Old 08-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't know for sure what sp is based on, we don't see those very often over here. And yes, Orion's software is Orion's alone as far as I know.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Orion is going to be very similar to hobbywing and speed passion as hobbywing oem's them all. I would save yOur money and go sp and I've seen therir customer service and it's damn good, heard problems with Orion are a nightmare.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trickedout
Orion is going to be very similar to hobbywing and speed passion as hobbywing oem's them all. I would save yOur money and go sp and I've seen therir customer service and it's damn good, heard problems with Orion are a nightmare.
Hi

Can tell you that I have tried the SP , and it shuts down because of heat. With same gearing and motor I tried a Nosram and no problems.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

What model SP, and what firmware and settings have you tried? The SP has a lot of adjustability, which can be either good or bad depending.

Have you tried posting your setup in the SP thread in the on road forum?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave H
What model SP, and what firmware and settings have you tried? The SP has a lot of adjustability, which can be either good or bad depending.

Have you tried posting your setup in the SP thread in the on road forum?
Have tried almost every setting in the speedo , it was a GT 2,1 , the low one for 1/12. Have even tried with a fan , and still it shuts down. Tried with the settings from SP home page for 1/12 modified , and still shuts down , speedo has been sent to SP and they just say it has been hot , YES thats the problem. Speedo stayed at SP as it was to expensive to have it shipped back. So I just want to be sure that the new R10 1s speedo is not made the same way as the SP
Old 08-22-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Have tried almost every setting in the speedo , it was a GT 2,1 , the low one for 1/12. Have even tried with a fan , and still it shuts down. Tried with the settings from SP home page for 1/12 modified , and still shuts down , speedo has been sent to SP and they just say it has been hot , YES thats the problem. Speedo stayed at SP as it was to expensive to have it shipped back. So I just want to be sure that the new R10 1s speedo is not made the same way as the SP
i

Not sure what you were running but 8 had theni sp gt 2.0 pro running my losi scte with a trinmity 550 3.5 fastest sct motor out with a 12 tooth pinion and the esc. Was straight our of box no heat issues