Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Turnigy TrackStar Motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How does the Trackstar 21.5 fare with the other 21.5 out there? Im thinking of getting this also for my F104...
Old 04-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mtaddei
Ciao to all,

on my 13.5 i need more rpm, i must replace the original rotor with one having a dia of 12.3 or 12.0 mm. Do you know which brand will fitt in???

Tnks
Max
I thought the reedy brushless motors are the same as turnigy trackstar motors, so i guess the rotors are interchangeable.
But i can't confirm that.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
I thought the reedy brushless motors are the same as turnigy trackstar motors, so i guess the rotors are interchangeable.
But i can't confirm that.
Ciao addicted2blue,
tnks a lot for yr replay.
I was thinking that also lipotech rotor was good, but they use a different bearing size, so, if also the can are the same, the rotor doesn't fit .
The cost of reedy rotor is more then the cost of the hobbyking motor!!!, before to procede with the purchase i must be sure 100%!!!

Ciao
Max
Old 04-02-2013, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

what is the difference with this and its mach2 or 4?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miles514
How does the Trackstar 21.5 fare with the other 21.5 out there? Im thinking of getting this also for my F104...
Their 21.5 is... FAST It is what our local fast guys run.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Ciao addicted2blue,
tnks a lot for yr replay.
I was thinking that also lipotech rotor was good, but they use a different bearing size, so, if also the can are the same, the rotor doesn't fit .
The cost of reedy rotor is more then the cost of the hobbyking motor!!!, before to procede with the purchase i must be sure 100%!!!

Ciao
Max
Yes, the Reedy rotor will fit into a Trackstar and vice versa. Note, if you switch rotors, use the shims that came with the motor because the Trackstar and Reedy have different sensor board arrangements.
For example if you bought the Reedy rotor don't use the shims that come with the Reedy rotor, instead use the ones that are in the Trackstar motor and take note of which shims are on each end of the Trackstar rotor when you pull it out..

And you are correct, the Reedy rotor is more expensive than the cost of the Trackstar motor. That's why I and a few other guys at our track are using them for club racing, they go just as good as the big $ brand motors and are 1/3rd the price.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by choisan
what is the difference with this and its mach2 or 4?
These are not the Turnigy Mach Versions. They are the new Trackstar ones.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Let me clarify. what is the latest version or design of the track star, please kindly advise
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Yes, the Reedy rotor will fit into a Trackstar and vice versa. Note, if you switch rotors, use the shims that came with the motor because the Trackstar and Reedy have different sensor board arrangements.
For example if you bought the Reedy rotor don't use the shims that come with the Reedy rotor, instead use the ones that are in the Trackstar motor and take note of which shims are on each end of the Trackstar rotor when you pull it out..

And you are correct, the Reedy rotor is more expensive than the cost of the Trackstar motor. That's why I and a few other guys at our track are using them for club racing, they go just as good as the big $ brand motors and are 1/3rd the price.

Cheers
Rob.
Ciao Rob,
you are right the motor is excellent, low temperature and lot of power at a very affordable price. But i need a top end speed, i'm using full motor timing but my local track is a very fast ones, used in the past for 1/8 onroad cars!!, and on the straight my top speed is not enough, so the only way is to change the rotor with a smaller one!!!!

Tnks a lot for your advice.

Ciao
Max
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by choisan
Let me clarify. what is the latest version or design of the track star, please kindly advise
We're talking about this motor:

Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Ciao Rob,
you are right the motor is excellent, low temperature and lot of power at a very affordable price. But i need a top end speed, i'm using full motor timing but my local track is a very fast ones, used in the past for 1/8 onroad cars!!, and on the straight my top speed is not enough, so the only way is to change the rotor with a smaller one!!!!

Ciao
Max
Gearing up don't work?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyanyde
We're talking about this motor:

thanks, i have this one. Since i saw a “mach” version, i want to know what are they? Are they the newer version? How is this trackstar compared with those “mack”?
Old 04-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Suspended

Because i do not race sanctioned events and have no need to have "Approved" by anyone items, I have been using hobbyking motors for a while. I have them in X-Car, Trackstar both silver and red and no name brand as well. I have never had one let the smoke go and they are just as good as other motors i have owned mostly LRP and Hobbywing. In buying new motors it is now HK all the way for me. The same goes with ESC's as well. Other then the couple of HW Just Stocks i have everything else is HK.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Ciao Rob,

Ciao
Max
As Cyanyde said, have you tried changing the gearing on your car? These motors have lots of torque and can withstand high temperatures, so increasing the roll out on your car could be an option to take first?

Cheers
Rob.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Because i do not race sanctioned events and have no need to have "Approved" by anyone items, I have been using hobbyking motors for a while. I have them in X-Car, Trackstar both silver and red and no name brand as well. I have never had one let the smoke go and they are just as good as other motors i have owned mostly LRP and Hobbywing. In buying new motors it is now HK all the way for me. The same goes with ESC's as well. Other then the couple of HW Just Stocks i have everything else is HK.
I have yet to try their Trackstar Motor and Trackstar esc. So far their nano tech battery and BMS servos are great, cant complain about their performance and price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.