R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 AM   #121
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How does the Trackstar 21.5 fare with the other 21.5 out there? Im thinking of getting this also for my F104...
Old 04-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #122
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaddei View Post
Ciao to all,

on my 13.5 i need more rpm, i must replace the original rotor with one having a dia of 12.3 or 12.0 mm. Do you know which brand will fitt in???

Tnks
Max
I thought the reedy brushless motors are the same as turnigy trackstar motors, so i guess the rotors are interchangeable.
But i can't confirm that.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #123
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
I thought the reedy brushless motors are the same as turnigy trackstar motors, so i guess the rotors are interchangeable.
But i can't confirm that.
Ciao addicted2blue,
tnks a lot for yr replay.
I was thinking that also lipotech rotor was good, but they use a different bearing size, so, if also the can are the same, the rotor doesn't fit .
The cost of reedy rotor is more then the cost of the hobbyking motor!!!, before to procede with the purchase i must be sure 100%!!!

Ciao
Max

Don't follow me.... at the end of the straight there is the hairpin and my wall.....
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:34 AM   #124
Tech Master

what is the difference with this and its mach2 or 4?
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #125
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles514 View Post
How does the Trackstar 21.5 fare with the other 21.5 out there? Im thinking of getting this also for my F104...
Their 21.5 is... FAST It is what our local fast guys run.
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ciao addicted2blue,
tnks a lot for yr replay.
I was thinking that also lipotech rotor was good, but they use a different bearing size, so, if also the can are the same, the rotor doesn't fit .
The cost of reedy rotor is more then the cost of the hobbyking motor!!!, before to procede with the purchase i must be sure 100%!!!

Ciao
Max
Yes, the Reedy rotor will fit into a Trackstar and vice versa. Note, if you switch rotors, use the shims that came with the motor because the Trackstar and Reedy have different sensor board arrangements.
For example if you bought the Reedy rotor don't use the shims that come with the Reedy rotor, instead use the ones that are in the Trackstar motor and take note of which shims are on each end of the Trackstar rotor when you pull it out..

And you are correct, the Reedy rotor is more expensive than the cost of the Trackstar motor. That's why I and a few other guys at our track are using them for club racing, they go just as good as the big $ brand motors and are 1/3rd the price.

Cheers
Rob.
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #127
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
what is the difference with this and its mach2 or 4?
These are not the Turnigy Mach Versions. They are the new Trackstar ones.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
facebook.com/AllStarChampionship
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #128
Tech Master

Let me clarify. what is the latest version or design of the track star, please kindly advise
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #129
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta04evah View Post
Yes, the Reedy rotor will fit into a Trackstar and vice versa. Note, if you switch rotors, use the shims that came with the motor because the Trackstar and Reedy have different sensor board arrangements.
For example if you bought the Reedy rotor don't use the shims that come with the Reedy rotor, instead use the ones that are in the Trackstar motor and take note of which shims are on each end of the Trackstar rotor when you pull it out..

And you are correct, the Reedy rotor is more expensive than the cost of the Trackstar motor. That's why I and a few other guys at our track are using them for club racing, they go just as good as the big $ brand motors and are 1/3rd the price.

Cheers
Rob.
Ciao Rob,
you are right the motor is excellent, low temperature and lot of power at a very affordable price. But i need a top end speed, i'm using full motor timing but my local track is a very fast ones, used in the past for 1/8 onroad cars!!, and on the straight my top speed is not enough, so the only way is to change the rotor with a smaller one!!!!

Tnks a lot for your advice.

Ciao
Max

Don't follow me.... at the end of the straight there is the hairpin and my wall.....
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #130
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
Let me clarify. what is the latest version or design of the track star, please kindly advise
We're talking about this motor:

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #131
Tech Master

Quote:
Ciao Rob,
you are right the motor is excellent, low temperature and lot of power at a very affordable price. But i need a top end speed, i'm using full motor timing but my local track is a very fast ones, used in the past for 1/8 onroad cars!!, and on the straight my top speed is not enough, so the only way is to change the rotor with a smaller one!!!!

Ciao
Max
Gearing up don't work?

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
Old 04-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #132
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanyde View Post
We're talking about this motor:

thanks, i have this one. Since i saw a “mach” version, i want to know what are they? Are they the newer version? How is this trackstar compared with those “mack”?
Old 04-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #133
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Because i do not race sanctioned events and have no need to have "Approved" by anyone items, I have been using hobbyking motors for a while. I have them in X-Car, Trackstar both silver and red and no name brand as well. I have never had one let the smoke go and they are just as good as other motors i have owned mostly LRP and Hobbywing. In buying new motors it is now HK all the way for me. The same goes with ESC's as well. Other then the couple of HW Just Stocks i have everything else is HK.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #134
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ciao Rob,

Ciao
Max
As Cyanyde said, have you tried changing the gearing on your car? These motors have lots of torque and can withstand high temperatures, so increasing the roll out on your car could be an option to take first?

Cheers
Rob.
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #135
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
Because i do not race sanctioned events and have no need to have "Approved" by anyone items, I have been using hobbyking motors for a while. I have them in X-Car, Trackstar both silver and red and no name brand as well. I have never had one let the smoke go and they are just as good as other motors i have owned mostly LRP and Hobbywing. In buying new motors it is now HK all the way for me. The same goes with ESC's as well. Other then the couple of HW Just Stocks i have everything else is HK.
I have yet to try their Trackstar Motor and Trackstar esc. So far their nano tech battery and BMS servos are great, cant complain about their performance and price