R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #271
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Trackstar roar approvals!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
nothing approved as of yet. they have passed the inspections but due to availability requirements they have not been fully approved. its still pending.
They're approved!!!

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...tar-9192000029

and so are the 21.5 and 13.5

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...tar-9192000035

I raced my 17.5 tonight - runs cool, PB laptime .8 faster than anyone else. I had a clean sweep win. TQ and 3 Final wins. A sponsored mod racer drove it and consistently lapped .3 quicker than my PB. He said it was really fast. Especially seeing as I'm running a very old and very used Hobbywing xerun 60a 2.1 esc and really old tyres..... ..and Nanotech Roar approved lipo.
midse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #272
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by midse View Post
They're approved!!!

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...tar-9192000029

and so are the 21.5 and 13.5

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...tar-9192000035

I raced my 17.5 tonight - runs cool, PB laptime .8 faster than anyone else. I had a clean sweep win. TQ and 3 Final wins. A sponsored mod racer drove it and consistently lapped .3 quicker than my PB. He said it was really fast. Especially seeing as I'm running a very old and very used Hobbywing xerun 60a 2.1 esc and really old tyres..... ..and Nanotech Roar approved lipo.
cool!!.imma have to get a couple
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #273
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I don't know if that means they're approved already.

Notice it doesn't tell you the available retailers yet like all of the other already approved motors do.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #274
Tech Elite

not approved yet. go look at some of the other 21.5 motors. they have a final approval date on them. all they did was check the availability. unfortunately i wasted my money on a non roar approved motor. my novak goes back in and this goes on the shelf as a paper weight. very dissapointed in the retailer for trackstar motors. its fast, very fast. i could gear down one tooth and still have the same top speed on the straight in my f1. but it had so much more acceleration on the infield it was crazy. too bad. oh well. live and learn.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #275
Tech Elite

still not on the approval list. check for your self. http://www.roarracing.com/approved_brushless_motors.php
Old 03-15-2014, 04:22 AM   #276
Tech Regular

Quote:
still not on the approval list. check for your self. http://www.roarracing.com/approved_brushless_motors.php

Quote:

Ha ha, I see your old list and raise you the newer official forum based list

Welcome to the new Motor Approval section of the forum. This is intended to replace the motor list that currently resides on the ROAR website. This new section adds to the existing list, a number of new motors are are approved based on their arrival date, as confirmed by shipper tracking data. Over time, the list on ROARRacing.com will be transferred to the forum list, which will eventually be the sole source of motor approval information.

In the forum you'll find new motors that have been approved over the last month, with more detail than ever before, making the process more open and useful. You'll find the date of approval, tracking data, inspection status, Availability Check status, and Executive Committee Approval status. You will also find detailed photos of the motor's components, which will be used by the tech staff at ROAR National events for component verification, and are visible by the public for their own reference. The whole process is designed to be more open and informative, giving ROAR officials, Affiliated track owners, and ROAR members more data and a more open process of approval of the motors our members use in ROAR sanctioned racing endeavors. It's our hope that this information will speed the tech process and give affiliated tracks and organizations the resources to more easily determine compliance, to keep the playing field (especially in the Spec classes) as level as possible.

Please let ROAR know if you have any suggestions to make this and other future product approval sections of the site more useful for their intended purposes. We hope you enjoy these new sections and find them useful in preparing for any one of the many prestigious ROAR National Championships and regional events.

The ROAR Staff

Please note that the information and images hosted in the forum and throughout the ROAR website are protected by copyright law and may not be copied and/or reproduced for any purpose. Use of information and/or images is at the sole discretion of ROAR, and may only be used with the expressed, written consent of the ROAR Executive Committee. İROAR, Inc. 2013

The Forum approved motor section now is the Formal source for approved motors. Not the old list which was last updated in the middle of 2013. The forum will apparently be updated with all the other motors from the original Roar PDF list.

It was updated yesterday morning as having the executive committee approval being done on the 3rd Jan. 2014 ( or is it 1st March 2014 the way we Aussies write it? ) - The update with the Roar ExCom approval was entered yesterday by The President of ROAR, Steve Mruk.

Our state governing body lists the 21.5 Trackstar approved for blinky class and any other class commercially available motor can be used. However - mod motors have to be IFMAR (Roar,Efra etc.) approved.

The way the forum motor listing legally reads ( which is now the official source for motor approvals) is that the Roar Executive Committee approval occurred in January or March this year. Unless proven otherwise, the motor is approved. Regardless of how any other motor approval details are writtten. If it is not legally approved then the forum listing could potentially be legally providing misleading information.

BTW, this is all purely my interpretation of what the ROAR president has updated on the official ROAR forum based motor approval list.

I've emailed ROAR to clarify also.
midse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #277
Tech Master

From looking at the website it does look like it was updated and approved.
Now the question is D4, R1 or Trackstar?

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #278
Tech Elite

Please provide link to new approval.

Last edited by dragonracing; 03-15-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #279
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Quote:
Please provide link to new approval.
http://roarracing.org/4rmb/forumdisp...tor-Approvals/
Traxxas Slash(x2), 4x4 Slash VXL, Vendetta SC/ST
Axial SCX10, Axial Yeti, G-Made/AX10, Losi Micro Crawler, Sakura D3 CS(x2)
pettyeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #280
Tech Elite

all that says is they checked availability. look at all the other motors and see what it says. it will say approved. the trackstar does not have this as of yet.

here is an example. the R1 Wurks motor has the approval and availability requirements.

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...-R1-215-125-V7

here is the killshot motor. it has the approval also.

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...hot-R-REV1603R

the trackstar does not have these.

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...tar-9192000034

To me, all they did was check availability. as far as i know its still only available thru hobbyking. to meet approval requirements it needs to be available thru 3 retailers minimum.

I was told by another local racer that there are 3 hobby shops within 10 miles of the usa wharehouse that they could sell these at and meet availability requirements. They have not done this and personaly i dont think they will. Said racer has also gone in and told me that in his opinion that they dont really seem like they care if it gets approved.

Its a shame because i think its a fast motor and i would buy at least 2 more for my rigs this summer. so until its "officially approved" its stays on the bench as a paper weight.

Last edited by dragonracing; 03-15-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #281
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

This is the approved list.
Traxxas Slash(x2), 4x4 Slash VXL, Vendetta SC/ST
Axial SCX10, Axial Yeti, G-Made/AX10, Losi Micro Crawler, Sakura D3 CS(x2)
pettyeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #282
Tech Elite

I just sent the roar administrator an email so that we may get this clarified. i certainly would like to use the motor. i like them. its fast. got plenty of torque. and they look nice with the red anodizing. Best of all, the price is right.

i wont argue the point any further. until i get a reply from the roar admin. ill update as soon as i get a reply. so for now IMO i do not believe they are legal as of yet. they might be, but clarification is needed to be sure.

Last edited by dragonracing; 03-15-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #283
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I think that if its on the websight on the main page theird no reason to have to click on 10 different motors to translate weather or not its approved.
p.s. if its on the page I linked below it needs to be legal.
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If I have to click on every single motor to insure each is legal . Thats stupid
Attached Thumbnails
Turnigy TrackStar Motors-screenshot_2014-03-15-13-42-34.jpg  
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:54 PM   #285
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well the line that read "Motors have passed ROAR Inspection but are pending final approval for use in US ROAR sanctioned competition until availability is confirmed." has now been removed from the post so it sure sounds like its gtg.