Search
Like Tree11Likes

New LRP Flow Esc

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you!

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
You adjust it using end points on the radio. If you have updated software you can also switch between brake types which have different levels of strength and feeling
Old 05-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a question about v4.7 firmware.
At what rpm the boost will engage?
Tq.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

Has been a while since I was involved there, but I believe the start rpm for 4.7 has remained identical as the modified profiles in original 1.5 firmware.
Therefore it should be 7600RPM.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

thank you burito...
it is better if we can select boost start rpm.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
Has been a while since I was involved there, but I believe the start rpm for 4.7 has remained identical as the modified profiles in original 1.5 firmware.
Therefore it should be 7600RPM.
Reto !

What's up dude
Been a while
Old 05-19-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

@rapi: that's beyond my control nowadays... I left LRP over 2 years ago.

@redbullfixx: doing very good, how are you?
Obviously not playing with RC stuff anymore, but still following the scene...
Old 05-20-2015, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone here going to Reedy? I am in need of a USB Bridge v2 to update my Flow. Much appreciated for anyone that can help me out.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Anyone here going to Reedy? I am in need of a USB Bridge v2 to update my Flow. Much appreciated for anyone that can help me out.
HI Peter,

We will have one with us.

Ed
Old 05-20-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Flow is getting up to 3yrs old now which is a pretty typical product life cycle for most things - especially electronics. I think there is a high chance we might see something new at the worlds.

Now it is still a very capable unit, but what sort of things would people be interested in seeing - either by physical features or tuning?

For me
- smaller footprint. Not much, but smaller always better.
- onboard on switch. And make it programming feature to disable it.
- adjustable braking feel. We have x-brakes and semi x-brakes. What about 0-100% x-brakes in 10% steps.
- programming card. Now I don't mind onboard, it's not hard. But a card would be better of course. Just closer to the hobbywing price, not the Orion price!
- perhaps all blue wires in the box for the pro version - start a new trend and differentiate the two....!
- capacitor with one side flat. Or provide a cradle to click/slide it into that makes mounting easier.
- 6.0, 6.6V or 7.2V selectable BEC

Anyone else got some ideas we can email to LRP before it's too late
Old 05-20-2015, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So plugged my battery in backwards so no more esc lol I know I'm a special person but stuff happens. A friend of mine is selling a Lrp flow competition esc which is fine bc I race stock. But he used it once but now has nothing to put it in he wants $60 and I was wondering if you guys like it.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cplus
The Flow is getting up to 3yrs old now which is a pretty typical product life cycle for most things - especially electronics. I think there is a high chance we might see something new at the worlds.

Now it is still a very capable unit, but what sort of things would people be interested in seeing - either by physical features or tuning?

For me
- adjustable braking feel. We have x-brakes and semi x-brakes. What about 0-100% x-brakes in 10% steps.
- programming card. Now I don't mind onboard, it's not hard. But a card would be better of course. Just closer to the hobbywing price, not the Orion price!
- perhaps all blue wires in the box for the pro version - start a new trend and differentiate the two....!
- capacitor with one side flat. Or provide a cradle to click/slide it into that makes mounting easier.

Good points. My thoughts:

Bottom lid made out of alu not plastic. It would help chassis absorb some more heat. (Yes there is a tape layer but still)

Black, not blue. Fits all brand cars.

Optional capacitorbank that can be soldered straight to the esc without extra wires. Much like the advance BD esc.

All wires black. Seems most people swap the rainbow out for an all black look anyway.

Not run receiver and on/off switch wires into the esc boards. But rather have connectors on the casing for everything, so that replacing wires is easier.

Higher grade mosfets for the works version. Yes, would bump the price up considerably, but if aiming at being the best..
Old 05-26-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cplus

For me

- a 4 pot cap or similar
- black wires all round
- adjustable BEC would be nice (Dream on)
- detachable receiver wire so that it can be easily shortened
- sensor cable port position is a pain in the ass for me, hopefully it becomes more accessible
- full alu case
- integrated on/off switch
- programming card/usb updater in one unit
- better fan
Old 05-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

I'd like to see reverse polarty protection when the battery is plugged in backwards ,that will have a continous beep until corrected, Ive lost many speedos this way, while getting interupted at that stage of car prep for racing .. and a Square cap would be nice ..
Old 05-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mb racer
I'd like to see reverse polarty protection when the battery is plugged in backwards ,that will have a continous beep until corrected, Ive lost many speedos this way, while getting interupted at that stage of car prep for racing .. and a Square cap would be nice ..
Reverse polarity protection would probably increase the size of the ESC and or reduce its performance. Not to mention increase the cost however it would be a really nice feature.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hey guys need some help with my LRP flow.

I need to get more power out of my 17.5 setup, currently have motor timing set to about 40 but need more power. Coming off at about 135. What would be some good settings to play with on the ESC to get more power?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.