R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #1156
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensroland View Post
Dear Friends

Anyone to help ... cant install driver for usb-bridge ver.2 ... WIN says it has to be certified by LRP, and it isn't. Any posibilities to install driver another way.

When I open the software and connect to the esc, and click ok, the program shuts Down (it does it also on a WIN 8.0 PC with the driver installed) ... any suggestions?

For your orientation, the program is runned in administrator mode, and the profiles on the PC has got assigned the rights to run the program also.

Best wishes; Jens
I tried and failed to get the unsigned LRP driver to work on windows 8, I managed to get it installed google "win 8 disable driver signature enforcement" and follow, you may have more luck than me. Still need to keep my crappy netbook with xp starter for this reason.
torg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #1157
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torg View Post
I tried and failed to get the unsigned LRP driver to work on windows 8, I managed to get it installed google "win 8 disable driver signature enforcement" and follow, you may have more luck than me. Still need to keep my crappy netbook with xp starter for this reason.
Installed and runs ok on my win8.1 Sony laptop
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #1158
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Installed and runs ok on my win8.1 Sony laptop
must be user error

I'll have to try again, I have a vaio pro 13 (first batch, with all the problems)
torg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #1159
Tech Regular

I have an LRP Flow WorksTeam, and a Reedy Sonic 540 Mach 2 17.5T motor, and it appears like the temperature measurement feature doesn't work?

Is it limited only to certain motors? How can I tell which ones? Or am I doing something wrong? Damaged sensor cable?

Thanks in advance!
pphaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #1160
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is limited to certain motors, usually LRP motors, I would say Nosram motors as well.
B16A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #1161
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hi guys

i have a question. i just update my Lrp flow with v5.4 software and after that i re-calibrate the esc. afther the calibration process, the esc stuck at neutral all the time. i cant accelerate or break. the light always blue.
prior to update, the esc and motor work fine!
anyone experience this before?

thx
crux888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #1162
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

did you reset the ESC to factory settings after the upgrade ?
B16A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #1163
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux888 View Post
hi guys

i have a question. i just update my Lrp flow with v5.4 software and after that i re-calibrate the esc. afther the calibration process, the esc stuck at neutral all the time. i cant accelerate or break. the light always blue.

thx
Bricked my ESC the same way after follow the instruction. I tried several times and have a couple hours invested in re-flashing it and never got it to work again. There were a couple others on this thread with that same issue but I'm not sure if any of them ever got theirs working again either.

fwiw I was updating to v4.7 at the time. And, yes I did reset the ESC to factory settings, or at least tried but once it was stuck it never came back.

I do now have a very nice Hobbywing that was pretty easy to set up.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #1164
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux888 View Post
hi guys

thx
See if the below helps.

RESET SPEED CONTROL TO FACTORY SETTINGS AFTER SOFTWARE UPDATE. MUST BE EXECUTED AFTER EACH SOFTWARE UPDATE!
Switch on the transmitter, then press and hold SET button while switching on the speed control. This will set speed control to factory default settings.
CALIBRATE SPEED CONTROL TO TRANSMITTER. MUST BE EXECUTED AFTER EACH SOFTWARE UPDATE!
Connect the speed control to the battery and switch it on. Hold SET button pressed for at least 3sec.
Blue Led flashing. Leave transmitter in neutral position and press the SET button  Neutral saved.
Yellow Led flashing. Hold full throttle on transmitter and press SET button  full throttle saved.
Red Led flashing. Hold full brake on transmitter and press SET button  full brake saved.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:05 AM   #1165
Tech Adept

hi guys haven't raced in a couple of years so getting up to speed over the past few weeks. Before I had a break I brought a Lrp works Flow speedo so it has factory software.. I have brought a D4 13.5 maxzilla motor. Our max gearing is 4.5. The car was not fast down the straight nor it didn't have much rip off the corner..

The orca guys were very fast..
prodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 04:28 AM   #1166
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodriver View Post
hi guys haven't raced in a couple of years so getting up to speed over the past few weeks. Before I had a break I brought a Lrp works Flow speedo so it has factory software.. I have brought a D4 13.5 maxzilla motor. Our max gearing is 4.5. The car was not fast down the straight nor it didn't have much rip off the corner..

Firstly, do you have Flow updated with the latest stock software?
Old 12-16-2014, 04:51 AM   #1167
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodriver View Post

Orcas are fast motors
However, I would suggest an LRP X20 which work best with the Flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
Firstly, do you have Flow updated with the latest stock software?
If he's running in blinky mode, adjusting Mode 2 can add more punch
A software update will improve brake feel, but not outright speed

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 04:57 AM   #1168
Tech Adept

My flow has original software on it from when I brought it.. Someone said it makes no odds to speed thou.. Or punch

So a Lrp motor with the Lrp speedo will be faster than the Lrp speedo with the D4 I thought the D4 was the fastest motor??

It just seemed the orcas had so much more rip round the infield...
Old 12-16-2014, 04:58 AM   #1169
Tech Adept

Or would it just be better buying an orca orca combo?
Old 12-16-2014, 05:01 AM   #1170
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So what has happened to all these rumours a while back about a new ESC - not a dribble of info has surfaced since the worlds - nor did it appear volker was running anything new at the recent ETS round....

Quote:
A software update will improve brake feel, but not outright speed
Correct! Outright speed is more a function of the ability of the ESC to pass through all the current - software has little effect.

Quote:
However, I would suggest an LRP X20 which work best with the Flow
I'm soon to test this theory. I ran an x20 for most of the season, lunched it and then changed to a D4. But I bought another x20 as well, so plan to test side by side when I get a 2nd chassis in the next few weeks. Gut feel says x20 is faster when combined with the flow.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote