R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #1081
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 495
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hmmm. I just had my flow updated to the new 5.4 for my TC. Set it to Blinky for my 13.5t, and surprised that the brakes are much more progressive as compared to before, thus I need to brake in a bit earlier, and can meter the corners slightly fast by blipping the throttle while cornering. All in all, my esc and x12 motorare very cool to the touch after a 10mins practice run. FDR is around 6.2 currently.

Anyone got a good recommendation for the FDR on Blinky mode for 13.5 on the new firmware.
viktozzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #1082
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denmark
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktozzz View Post
Hmmm. I just had my flow updated to the new 5.4 for my TC. Set it to Blinky for my 13.5t, and surprised that the brakes are much more progressive as compared to before, thus I need to brake in a bit earlier, and can meter the corners slightly fast by blipping the throttle while cornering. All in all, my esc and x12 motorare very cool to the touch after a 10mins practice run. FDR is around 6.2 currently.

Anyone got a good recommendation for the FDR on Blinky mode for 13.5 on the new firmware.
How much timing do you have on the motor?
__________________
Schumacher RcHouse Racing Team
Schumacher Mi6
www.rchouse.dk
KILDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #1083
Tech Elite
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Does ROAR need to approve the new Firmware before it can be used in competition?
__________________
ACT EP10 & EP12 ONR Titles, February 26th to 29thth 2016.

--XRAY--NOSRAM--PROTOFORM--MUCHMORE--
www.teamxray.com -- www.hudy.net -- www.hobbyexpress.com.au
http://www.rcracedatesaustralia.com/
nerdling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #1084
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 314
Default

I have a comp flow and an x20 21.5 in my car and I seem to have what sounds like a misfire. Motor and speedy are brand new, have tried new receiver, sensor cable and even sensor in the motor.

Any ideas?
__________________
Tamiya F104 V2, TT-01E CS Drifter
XRAY T4 '13
Yokomo R12C3
d.k.vmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:26 AM   #1085
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 495
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILDK View Post
How much timing do you have on the motor?
the x12 motor is on stock insert, which should be retard timing, i believe.

was thinking of setting it to the neutral settings.
viktozzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:14 AM   #1086
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktozzz View Post
FDR is around 6.2 currently.

Anyone got a good recommendation for the FDR on Blinky mode for 13.5 on the new firmware.
6.2 is a bit high for 13.5 and no timing.

In the 4's is pretty typical.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:23 AM   #1087
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktozzz View Post
the x12 motor is on stock insert, which should be retard timing, i believe.

was thinking of setting it to the neutral settings.
Fyi ...
LRP-X 12 series timing info
4-dot = 27.5
3-dot = 32.5
2-dot = 37.5
1-dot = 42.5
0-dot = 47.5
You read the timing with the dots facing you.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #1088
Tech Adept
 
yumlailai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 228
Default

I'm running 17.5 blinky, Flow with D4 combo. V5.0 firmware. It seems like I do not have enough torque coming out of corner while straight line speed is about the same as other cars. I'm gearing it at 4.04 FRD.
Thank you
yumlailai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #1089
Tech Elite
 
R3VoLuTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,193
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumlailai View Post
I'm running 17.5 blinky, Flow with D4 combo. V5.0 firmware. It seems like I do not have enough torque coming out of corner while straight line speed is about the same as other cars. I'm gearing it at 4.04 FRD.
Thank you
Try 5.4?

https://www.lrp.cc/en/service/softwa...ate/?file=9876
__________________
John Tsang 🏁 VBC Racing USA 🚗 ORCA RC 🚗 GripworksRC 🚗 MotivRC 🚗 GravityRC 🚗 RC America

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #1090
Tech Adept
 
yumlailai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn View Post
I think it is more for boosted class?
yumlailai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #1091
reg
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 151
Default

I'm giving 13.5 blinky ago this weekend,we have to run 4.50 FDR and I'm going to try 35deg motor timing on the X20,
I'm sticking with 5.0 on the speed so fingers crossed all goes well
reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #1092
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumlailai View Post
I think it is more for boosted class?
It's for blinky as well. The big changes to the firmware - more punch, less brakes, finer braking essentially - is all about maintaining corner speed and smoothness. Exactly what blinky needs.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:32 AM   #1093
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
I'm giving 13.5 blinky ago this weekend,we have to run 4.50 FDR and I'm going to try 35deg motor timing on the X20,
I'm sticking with 5.0 on the speed so fingers crossed all goes well
Keep us posted on this, will be interested to hear where you end up.

Cheers
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:52 AM   #1094
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

Just replaced my X20 4.5T with an X12 13.5T (on a Flow Works Team esc) to try stock racing. Upgraded to 5.4 firmware, ran default settings (blinky) +2 on initial drive and a tad drag brake, geared 4.5 (the recommended gearing on our small indoor carpet track), and it runs very smooth.

Seems like I have similar power, both out of turns and on the straight than the other stock racers running a Speed Passion Reventon Stock Spec Class and 13.5T motor combo.
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2016 Black Series - MuchMore Fleta Pro / MuchMore ZX - Highest DLP650 - Sanwa M12
Salkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:07 AM   #1095
reg
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
Just replaced my X20 4.5T with an X12 13.5T (on a Flow Works Team esc) to try stock racing. Upgraded to 5.4 firmware, ran default settings (blinky) +2 on initial drive and a tad drag brake, geared 4.5 (the recommended gearing on our small indoor carpet track), and it runs very smooth.

Seems like I have similar power, both out of turns and on the straight than the other stock racers running a Speed Passion Reventon Stock Spec Class and 13.5T motor combo.


What motor timing did you run?
reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE COBRARACING Radio and Electronics 12494 11-15-2016 03:57 PM
LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors mok Electric On-Road 697 08-04-2013 01:35 PM
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 1241 06-08-2012 09:52 AM
Ask Frank Root.....AE, Reedy, LRP, JC Frank Root Electric Off-Road 568 02-14-2010 01:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0