Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 09-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #1051
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhangesh View Post
Hi all,

Thinking about pairing a FLOW works with my r1wurks 17.5. From this thread i've heard that the Flow doesn't like to work as well with other brand motors. Has anybody tried this combination?

Thanks
they work together well in TC.
like the team power motor, you hear a bit of cog at the start, but once running everything is fine.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #1052
Tech Fanatic

Does anybody have a good carpet (medium grip) setup for the Flow Works Team esc with a 4.5T LRP X20 motor for this track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qCAXiC8LTM

Running on Sorex 28 and 7.66 gearing.

Firmware 4.7.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #1053
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
Does anybody have a good carpet (medium grip) setup for the Flow Works Team esc with a 4.5T LRP X20 motor for this track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qCAXiC8LTM

Running on Sorex 28 and 7.66 gearing.

Firmware 4.7.
I would start with 1 initial drive, 5 torque timing, no boost/turbo and 8.5 fdr. Maybe add a little bit of boost but not much.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #1054
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi all,
I have had an issue with my LRP flow esc (works team). When I switch the esc on, it is applying throttle automatically for 1-2 seconds before it settles and sits at neutral. However yesterday for the first time the esc started intermittently clogging/stuttering when I ran it.
When I was applying throttle and looking at the yellow light (throttle on) on the esc, it was intermittently showing a blue light for a split second as it stuttered. The stuttering is intermittently happening, now I turn the esc on and it's not doing it. However the throttle engaging is always happening when I switch the esc on. I have rebinded my transmitter, replaced sensors wire, checked connections, cleaned sensors, re set and recalibrated the esc to no avail.
I have read several forums where people have had the same issue, particularly the throttle engaging momentarily when the esc is switched on, they have sent it to lrp and have received the reply that it can not be faulted.
Sounds to me like it is a common issue. Has anyone else exerierienced with this problem and Is there a solution, or something you recommend I do?

Cheers,
Sam
Old 09-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #1055
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRC View Post
Hi all,
I have had an issue with my LRP flow esc (works team). When I switch the esc on, it is applying throttle automatically for 1-2 seconds before it settles and sits at neutral. However yesterday for the first time the esc started intermittently clogging/stuttering when I ran it.
When I was applying throttle and looking at the yellow light (throttle on) on the esc, it was intermittently showing a blue light for a split second as it stuttered. The stuttering is intermittently happening, now I turn the esc on and it's not doing it. However the throttle engaging is always happening when I switch the esc on. I have rebinded my transmitter, replaced sensors wire, checked connections, cleaned sensors, re set and recalibrated the esc to no avail.
I have read several forums where people have had the same issue, particularly the throttle engaging momentarily when the esc is switched on, they have sent it to lrp and have received the reply that it can not be faulted.
Sounds to me like it is a common issue. Has anyone else exerierienced with this problem and Is there a solution, or something you recommend I do?

Cheers,
Sam
I had exactly the same problem. Tried everything I found on the net and several advices on this forum.

Nothing worked.

My LHS said that the flow worked best with an LRP motor. I was using a Speed Passsion motor.

So I bite the apple and bought an LRP X20 motor and everything ran perfectly.

The Flow works best with LRP motors, and some few from other brands.

If you have not tried an LRP motor (X12 or X20, not an old one), I would surely try that before concluding the esc is faulty.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:53 PM   #1056
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi all,

Cheers,
Sam
Try recalibrating the esc when it's hot (normal temp after finishing a race).
I've been told by a elec-engineer that the crystals in the flow calibrate better when hot.
Worked for mine!
Gtr r34 m-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #1057
Tech Addict

Thanks guys. I am running an Lrp x12 6.5. I run flows in two other cars with x20 motors and they don't have a problem. Could it possibly be the x12?
I'll try re calibrating the esc when I run it next time and it's hot.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:28 PM   #1058
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks guys. I am running an Lrp x12 6.5. I run flows in two other cars with x20 motors and they don't have a problem. Could it possibly be the x12?
I'll try re calibrating the esc when I run it next time and it's hot.
I would try one of X20's you know is working first.

Have you tried a new sensor cable.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #1059
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
I would try one of X20's you know is working first.

Have you tried a new sensor cable.
I'll try an x20. Yes I tried a new sensor cable, same result.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #1060
Tech Rookie

I had the same problem even with a X20 4.5t motor, tried all of the above but nothing helped, i then put turbo delay to zero....... and voila. Don't understand but hey it works.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #1061
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22

in the 17.5 class I have ran the trinty revtech the D3.5 and now I am running a reedy motor and has not had an ounce of problems.
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:04 AM   #1062
Tech Adept

Hi, I am new to LRP Flow WorksTeam,I am running blinky mode for past few weeks and recently change to boosted 13.5T. Is there a max boost timing + turbo timing? I tried search around, but did not find an answer.
Fyi, I set my LRP speedo boost timing 8, boost angle 8, turbo 8, and the car suddenly went crazy and throttle non-stop after just 2 laps. After troubleshooting, change out TX batt, lipo, rebind and lower each ESC setting down to 5, its the boost that is making the car go crazy. Anyone encounter the same issue?
aonz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #1063
Tech Adept

New v5.4 stock software http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/software-update/
Old 10-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #1064
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

the focus is on the following it seems;

initial and drag brake - finer steps to allow smaller amounts (1% is possible vs 3% minimum before)
new x-stock brakes mode in lieu of x-brake
initial drive - more aggressive and much higher default (12%) and higher setting possible (27% punch vs 20%)
Boost timing and Ramp much more aggressive - but no turbo

here is the blurb....

Fresh from LRP‘s EFRA 1:10 Electric On-Road Stock European Championship domination!
LRP Team drivers Marek Cerny, Jan Ratheisky and Mattia Collina occupied the podium in the highly competitive Stock class.
We congratulate and would like to thank Marek, Jan and Mattia for all their efforts achieving this great result and helping us to bring the
LRP stock software to this new and unprecedented level.
Version 5.4 features the newly developed, Stock-specific X-Stock brake and also includes the well known and popular Semi-X and BD3 brakes.
With the completely revamped Boost Timing and Boost Ramp settings, we provide you with a powerful tool for your Boosted class needs.
Thoroughly optimised mode values allow you to adjust according to your preferences for the best possible feel on the track.
New factory default settings and the new automatic 1S / 2S detection top off this exciting package.
Overall, the software has been reduced and revised, leaving only the things you actually need to push your Stock car to its limits.
No matter if Boost Zero or Boosted class, Onroad or Offroad, if the track is big or small, in Stock every detail counts.
This will be your perfect weapon for all track layouts. The all new v5.4 will bring your Stock racing to the next level!

Last edited by cplus; 10-07-2014 at 12:07 AM.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 AM   #1065
reg
Tech Adept

Awesome news,
Will they put the setups on that they used?
Or could someone let me know a good setup to use with the new update and timing insert for the 13.5 x20,I run on a medium size Tarmac track,
Regards
reg is offline   Reply With Quote