R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2014, 05:14 AM   #931
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,149
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Go to zero timing.
Do the cog occur without a pinion on?
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #932
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,410
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I had 0 issues today with my Murfdogg 17.5 with the timing max, 3.8 gear on the 4.7 firmware. I also didnt have any issues either with the stock firmware. I would recommend updating to 4.7 if you have any weird issues, I would have some throttle trim creep on one of my esc's occasionally, 4.7 seemed to fix that.
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #933
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sioux Falls SD
Posts: 621
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default v3.8 LVC Question

I recently purchased a LRP Flow Works Team and upgraded to v3.8 as I use it in a T4.2 truck. I know this is the on-road forum, but my question is this:

Does v3.8 auto detect the Low Voltage cutoff for lipo batteries? The reason I ask is in the Protection Mode - Mode 8 there are only 2 options - Speedo & Motor or Speedo only. Is this the LVC setting or am I missing something? I can't find anywhere else to set the LVC with this update.

Thanks for the help.
youthmanrcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #934
Tech Regular
 
JDJamminX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 493
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthmanrcer View Post
I recently purchased a LRP Flow Works Team and upgraded to v3.8 as I use it in a T4.2 truck. I know this is the on-road forum, but my question is this:

Does v3.8 auto detect the Low Voltage cutoff for lipo batteries? The reason I ask is in the Protection Mode - Mode 8 there are only 2 options - Speedo & Motor or Speedo only. Is this the LVC setting or am I missing something? I can't find anywhere else to set the LVC with this update.

Thanks for the help.
The new software has auto lipo function. No need to turn it on or off now. As for mode 8 that is a protection mode for the ESC and or Speedo. Option one protects both, option 2 only protects the ESC.
__________________
LRP - MUGEN - AKA - OCRC - UPGRADE - SCHELLE - DE RACING
JDJamminX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #935
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: France
Posts: 123
Default

Hi
I'm mainly running stock 10.5T, so which software is better suited for me? V4.7 mod or V5.0 stock?
__________________
Awesomatix | LRP
Awesoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #936
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sioux Falls SD
Posts: 621
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDJamminX1 View Post
The new software has auto lipo function. No need to turn it on or off now. As for mode 8 that is a protection mode for the ESC and or Speedo. Option one protects both, option 2 only protects the ESC.
Thanks for the quick response. This is what I was hoping. Thanks for confirming!
youthmanrcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #937
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,149
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesoman View Post
Hi
I'm mainly running stock 10.5T, so which software is better suited for me? V4.7 mod or V5.0 stock?
Blinky or boosted?
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:42 PM   #938
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Looking for some advice. My car seems slower then it should be.
I've tried re calibrating ESC to radio(4PKSR) a bunch of times with EPA at 100 and 120 and so on. Still the car is not as fast as I think it should be.
For comparison my T4 14 with the orca VXX and orca 4.5 motor has much more top end even with a 7.98 ratio.

Heres my set up.
411 ERYX with 7.6 FDR
LRP flow works with the v4.7 software
Reedy 4.0T timing is at default 20 degrees
ESC setings are 3,2,0,1,0,6,3,6,1,2

Running on large asphalt track. Back straight is 220ft.

Car just doesn't seem fast enough. I'm trying to hit low-mid 60mph on the back straight but I'm only hitting around 57mph (clocked on radar gun) even when turning up boost and turbo higher then the above settings.
Almost feels like no turbo is being applied. It gets up to speed nicely but just doesn't have that pull at the end of the straight. Kinda falls flat for the last 1/4 of the back straight while fast cars continue to pull hard the whole way through.

Any ideas what to try? Manual says a bad cap could cause lower power, anybody have that problem? I have another LRP flow works in my 1/10 2wd Buggy I could try to see if its the ESC I just hate to swap them out only to be disappointed

If anybody has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.
__________________
XRAY T4 14 - Orca - Futaba
Serpent 811 Cobra GT-E - Tekin - Hitec
Serpent 811 BE 2.0 - Tekin - Hitec
Voltron989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #939
Tech Regular
 
DaveVera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron989 View Post
Looking for some advice. My car seems slower then it should be.
I've tried re calibrating ESC to radio(4PKSR) a bunch of times with EPA at 100 and 120 and so on. Still the car is not as fast as I think it should be.
For comparison my T4 14 with the orca VXX and orca 4.5 motor has much more top end even with a 7.98 ratio.

Heres my set up.
411 ERYX with 7.6 FDR
LRP flow works with the v4.7 software
Reedy 4.0T timing is at default 20 degrees
ESC setings are 3,2,0,1,0,6,3,6,1,2

Running on large asphalt track. Back straight is 220ft.

Car just doesn't seem fast enough. I'm trying to hit low-mid 60mph on the back straight but I'm only hitting around 57mph (clocked on radar gun) even when turning up boost and turbo higher then the above settings.
Almost feels like no turbo is being applied. It gets up to speed nicely but just doesn't have that pull at the end of the straight. Kinda falls flat for the last 1/4 of the back straight while fast cars continue to pull hard the whole way through.

Any ideas what to try? Manual says a bad cap could cause lower power, anybody have that problem? I have another LRP flow works in my 1/10 2wd Buggy I could try to see if its the ESC I just hate to swap them out only to be disappointed

If anybody has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.
I experienced this at the Pre Worlds track also with a 200ft plus straight and solved it by lengthening the turbo delay form 1 to 2 to keep the turbo from engaging to soon and bogging it down.
__________________
Motiv, Gravity RC, Discharge RC, Joe Conte Racing ,Blast RC Paint, Sanwa, #~MASAMI~ . ROAR#27050
DaveVera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #940
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,410
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I would suggest more boost timing. Reedy motors are pretty mild compared to Lrp motors so you will prolly have to run more boost. You might try a little more end bell timing too. Comparatively, the lowest lrp motors go is 27.5*
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #941
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveVera View Post
I experienced this at the Pre Worlds track also with a 200ft plus straight and solved it by lengthening the turbo delay form 1 to 2 to keep the turbo from engaging to soon and bogging it down.
Thanks I will try that out.
Really didn't know how slow I exactly was untill Andrew Hardman came by our track and his car was a freakin bullet never stops pulling down the straight untill he lets off. He was clocked at 64-65mph. Fastest electric car I've seen on our track.
__________________
XRAY T4 14 - Orca - Futaba
Serpent 811 Cobra GT-E - Tekin - Hitec
Serpent 811 BE 2.0 - Tekin - Hitec
Voltron989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #942
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
I would suggest more boost timing. Reedy motors are pretty mild compared to Lrp motors so you will prolly have to run more boost. You might try a little more end bell timing too. Comparatively, the lowest lrp motors go is 27.5*
I tried upping the boost and turbo through out the day but never felt like the car got to faster much faster up top. Think I ended up with turbo at 9 and boost timing at 7 or 8. Low and mid end got faster but never felt like my top end got much quicker. Motor temps obviously went up
I don't want to add to much power down low, feel like the low end is good I just feel like I'm flat lining towards the end of the straight.
I'll give can timing a shot though, thanks
__________________
XRAY T4 14 - Orca - Futaba
Serpent 811 Cobra GT-E - Tekin - Hitec
Serpent 811 BE 2.0 - Tekin - Hitec
Voltron989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #943
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,216
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I think you may be better off dropping your gearing from 7.6 to 8.5-9.0. That will take some strain off the ESC and allow you to use the boost/turbo more effectively.
__________________
www.teamgravityrc.com
Leisure Hours Raceway
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #944
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
I think you may be better off dropping your gearing from 7.6 to 8.5-9.0. That will take some strain off the ESC and allow you to use the boost/turbo more effectively.
Don't think I can get away with that FDR on our track. I'd try a 8.0 ratio at most
__________________
XRAY T4 14 - Orca - Futaba
Serpent 811 Cobra GT-E - Tekin - Hitec
Serpent 811 BE 2.0 - Tekin - Hitec
Voltron989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:00 AM   #945
Tech Apprentice
 
MeBeMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 87
Default

I wonder if some people are experiencing cogging and strange electrical problems because they are using to high of framerate on their radios? Iv got old and new Spektrum receivers and I have to make sure in using the correct framerate for the receiver and steering servo. Maybe some ESCs like slower framerates?
__________________
Race for RC Disco in the UK
Xray T4'16, LRP Flow/ORCA 13.5
LRP everything but motor.
I would have Tekin if it connected to IPHONE!
MeBeMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE COBRARACING Radio and Electronics 12513 02-17-2017 12:10 AM
LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors mok Electric On-Road 697 08-04-2013 01:35 PM
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 1241 06-08-2012 09:52 AM
Ask Frank Root.....AE, Reedy, LRP, JC Frank Root Electric Off-Road 568 02-14-2010 01:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:51 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net