Tossed up between a Flow Works and an R10 this week to go into a TRF418
After a fair amount of research and deliberation on hitting the checkout button, I've ordered the LRP with an X20 13.5t to run in blinky on a rather large track (they also run 1/5th scale).
Considered pairing with a D3.5 but the price on the pair plus some neater cosmetics (it matters, right?) swayed to blue.
Main pro's for the LRP over the R10 for me were;
- it's newer
- the R10 is about to be obsolete
- no program card to get the best from it
- about to get new firmware, assume for the upcoming worlds (possibly unlikely the R10 will see any as it is being replaced)
- higher voltage BEC
- lower price when combined with matching motor
- easier soldering tabs (well, looks that way to me)
Going to start with a FDR of 5.55, see how we go. I expect slowly at first.
Don't fail me LRP - this is my entry into racing after always wanting to do it as kid