R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #781
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
With a 17.5 and maybe even a 13.5 you might be able to get the Flow to work without a voltage booster or rx pack. If you run anything faster than that you will likely encounter issues.

Okay, so power dropping out with no RX pack is a known issue?

I just ran a brand new Flow for the first time - practiced with a Tekin Gen2 and didn't have any issues. Then, a week later, I switched to a D3.5 17.5 before a race (also replaced all the wires at that time to black) and started experiencing power dropouts - both steering and throttle would just go dead for a moment, then the car would come back to life. All of the new wires were soldered in cleanly (but maybe the board got too hot from soldering? I dunno, just trying to think of what could have happened).

At first I thought it was a glitch or radio issue, swapped RXs, still had the same problem. Then I tried an RX pack and it seemed less frequent, but it was still dropping out. Next, I replaced the ESC power harness thinking maybe the plug was bad - still had the same issue. Finally, I threw in another ESC and no more issues.

Only thing I haven't done is open up the ESC to ensure the harness wires are well-soldered. Anyhow, should I just send it back to LRP and ask them to test it? I can't trust it.
testcrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #782
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcrashdummy View Post

I just ran a brand new Flow for the first time - practiced with a Tekin Gen2 and didn't have any issues. Then, a week later, I switched to a D3.5 17.5 before a race (also replaced all the wires at that time to black) and started experiencing power dropouts - both steering and throttle would just go dead for a moment, then the car would come back to life. All of the new wires were soldered in cleanly (but maybe the board got too hot from soldering? I dunno, just trying to think of what could have happened).

At first I thought it was a glitch or radio issue, swapped RXs, still had the same problem. Then I tried an RX pack and it seemed less frequent, but it was still dropping out. Next, I replaced the ESC power harness thinking maybe the plug was bad - still had the same issue. Finally, I threw in another ESC and no more issues.

Only thing I haven't done is open up the ESC to ensure the harness wires are well-soldered. Anyhow, should I just send it back to LRP and ask them to test it? I can't trust it.
If its still acting up after you used a Rx pack then the problem is most likely the fact that you accidently de-soldered something or worst (burn) while you were soldering?
Charel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #783
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a flow and at the last race when I would plug in my RX pack the speedo would go to a solid red lite. I replaced the sensor wire and it would correct the problem for a short time then come back when I would turn it on it would go solid red again. It seemed to be a intermittent problem. I tried switching out recievers and battery packs and RX packs still same problem. Any suggestions?
Thanks Chris
bigcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #784
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcracing View Post
I have a flow and at the last race when I would plug in my RX pack the speedo would go to a solid red lite. I replaced the sensor wire and it would correct the problem for a short time then come back when I would turn it on it would go solid red again. It seemed to be a intermittent problem. I tried switching out recievers and battery packs and RX packs still same problem. Any suggestions?
Thanks Chris
Is your switch in the off position with the Rx pack? I'm sure I've read somewhere that it has to be off..?
I could also be totally wrong
Team Associated B4.2FT - LRP Flow & X20 17.5
JQ Products Yellow - Argus A52 .21
Old 12-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #785
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcrashdummy View Post

There are a number of people having this issue. Some explain it as the car looses bind for a brief sec and then returns. I can tell you there were a number of people at the indoor champs with this issue including myself. It is not resolved by a booster or receiver pack. We are still trying to figure it out but no answers yet. It is also not specific to Radio mfg's or speed control mfg's.

Steve Dunn

Last edited by sdunnmcp; 12-06-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: more
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #786
Tech Addict

Yes switch was off Thanks
Old 12-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #787
Tech Addict

What is the difference between the flow and the flow works team.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #788
Tech Rookie

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but does anyone know if this ESC has reverse as well?
Kamika007z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #789
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamika007z View Post
I don't know if this has been answered yet, but does anyone know if this ESC has reverse as well?
It is a pure competition esc
NO reverse

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #790
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
It is a pure competition esc
NO reverse
Understood, thank you. One last question: One cannot be programmed if wanted right?

Thanks again RedBullFiXX. I'm new to all of this. I just added one to my RC10 Classic.
Kamika007z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #791
Tech Regular

Quote:
What is the difference between the flow and the flow works team.
The flow works motor limit I think is 3.5 while the regular flow motor limit is 10.5 I believe.

steve
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #792
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunnmcp View Post
The flow works motor limit I think is 3.5 while the regular flow motor limit is 10.5 I believe.

steve
Compition : 200 amps, Works Team: 400 amps
Old 12-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #793
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamika007z View Post
Understood, thank you. One last question: One cannot be programmed if wanted right?

Thanks again RedBullFiXX. I'm new to all of this. I just added one to my RC10 Classic.
Nope, it is like RedBullFiXX said a pure racing esc so no matter what, you dont have or can't program reverse into it.
Team Associated B4.2FT - LRP Flow & X20 17.5
JQ Products Yellow - Argus A52 .21
Old 12-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #794
Tech Addict

LRP Flow comp. and plug in RX battery pack and get a solid red lite.
Any suggestions would be help full I did turn the switch on and off no changes and tried other fully charged packs and tried other sensor wires. Somtimes it goes into blinky mode blue flashing lite and then when I plug it back in I get a solid red lite.

Thanks Chris
Old 12-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #795
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
LRP Flow comp. and plug in RX battery pack and get a solid red lite.
Any suggestions would be help full I did turn the switch on and off no changes and tried other fully charged packs and tried other sensor wires. Somtimes it goes into blinky mode blue flashing lite and then when I plug it back in I get a solid red lite.

Thanks Chris
Usually solid red indicates that the EPA adjustments are not set properly for the ESC to the radio.