R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 05-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #511
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guys,

I have just recently purchased a LRP flow works team, I am running it in a R5.2!

I am wanting to know if anyone could give me a good base setup for a 5.5 speed passion motor. The track I race on is low/med traction plus it will be for the software the esc comes with.

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you

Kevin
HBRC-LBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #512
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am having a tough time downloading the v4 software. I think I have found the correct firmware to update the speedo, but it is not recognizing it so it can be downloaded. I am currently using Windows 7. Any help would be great.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #513
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22

well sent my second lrp flow back to lrp today hope I get a working one this time because i paid good money just to be sending a speedo back and fourth
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #514
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Does anybody know what the torque timeing does? I have a x20 5.0t. Just picked up a flow to replace my SXX and trying to learn all over again.

Awesomatix USA/Speedzone USA
LRP/Futaba/Middle River Russian Mafia
Awesomatixusa.com/Speedzoneusa.com
95lscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #515
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadB. View Post
I am having a tough time downloading the v4 software. I think I have found the correct firmware to update the speedo, but it is not recognizing it so it can be downloaded. I am currently using Windows 7. Any help would be great.
I'm having the same issue as well and have Windows 7.. I can download the Firmware Update Tool, but after that I can't download the firmware. Can some please let us know what firmware they are choosing and how to go about saving it? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes View Post
Yes i have for the past month with no issue so far, you have to disable the driver signature enforcement requirement in windows, then install the lrp link and driver.

Is this what I should be doing below?

Last edited by LoudOne; 05-25-2013 at 06:01 AM.
LoudOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #516
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Can anybody explain the difference(s) between the stock and mod software for the LRP Flow? I have been using whatever software version comes standard in the Flow for mod 12th recently, and only just learned that there might actually be a mod-specific fw version. Can anyone provide further information about the actual differences between the firmware versions? I see the LRP release notes that basically just show some different values for the boost settings...is it a significant enough difference, considering the bridge costs $40?

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #517
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudOne View Post
I'm having the same issue as well and have Windows 7.. I can download the Firmware Update Tool, but after that I can't download the firmware. Can some please let us know what firmware they are choosing and how to go about saving it? Thanks!
I don't think that will work out properly, i completely uninstalled any lrp stuff i had tried, and then used the steps here, followed by a complete install of the link and driver for windows 7.

http://www.craftedge.com/tutorials/d...tall_win8.html

If you have trouble i'll do my best to help.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #518
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Can anybody explain the difference(s) between the stock and mod software for the LRP Flow? I have been using whatever software version comes standard in the Flow for mod 12th recently, and only just learned that there might actually be a mod-specific fw version. Can anyone provide further information about the actual differences between the firmware versions? I see the LRP release notes that basically just show some different values for the boost settings...is it a significant enough difference, considering the bridge costs $40?
The mod specific software has finer adjustments compared with the stock firmware (has some mod and some stock values). The stock version concentrates on the higher power settings then the mod version does (both of which give more options then stock). If you look at the timing and ramp values they can be compared with each other, and this will make more sense. Check out the pdf from lrp website for specific values.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #519
Tech Adept

Will there be any more updates for this speedo? Specifically stock as it's lacking in that department compared to other speedos.
Mi4cxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #520
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi4cxl View Post
Will there be any more updates for this speedo? Specifically stock as it's lacking in that department compared to other speedos.
whats it lacking compared to others? Its got the highest amps per phases of any esc Ive seen and is by far the smoothest
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:01 AM   #521
Tech Adept

Well in my last 13.5 boosted race I was getting made to look as if I was standing still in comparison to others using the orca/tekin speedos. It was smooth, just not fast. It certainly makes for a better mod speedo.
Mi4cxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #522
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Because clearly the only thing that could be at fault is the speedo, right?

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #523
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi4cxl View Post
Well in my last 13.5 boosted race I was getting made to look as if I was standing still in comparison to others using the orca/tekin speedos. It was smooth, just not fast. It certainly makes for a better mod speedo.
The LRPs have been very fast in boosted spec classes for some time. Are you running the stock/spec firmware? If you are running the mod software certain settings are limited to prevent damaging mod motors.

Beyond that there are lots of variables to trip you up. Too much gear will make it so you never hit or don't get all the boost you want, etc...
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:16 AM   #524
Bar
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the LRP Flow holds the track record at my local outdoor track in 17.5 blinky, not that i think it makes a lot of difference in this class, as it's a very controlled class, anyway
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #525
Tech Rookie

Ive got a flow with the stock firmware 1.4 and a 13.5T Turnigy Trackstar in my TC.

Can anybody tell me a god FDR to start with when driving a small outdoor Track with a 25m straight?

And what flow setup is good to start with?

Regards,

Christian
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote