R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #31
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Öhringen near Stuttgart / Germany
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Probably outsourced to Hobby wing like most others!

EA
No Hobbywing, still pure LRP stuff.
Had the luck to run a few heats with one of the prototypes which are now used at the worlds and it felt really good, much better than the V2. Power is very good and also control in slippery conditions/small tracks improved a lot.

The new software has some nice features/new options like current limiter, torque/boost timing, boost ramps and so on.

The production speedos will have U-shaped solder tabs, i think time was a little short to finish the final parts for the worlds....

The size is nearly the same of the V2 speedos, so still one of the smallest speedos.
regars from Germany
Marcel
Attached Thumbnails
New LRP Flow Esc-awesomatix_flow.jpg  
Marcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #32
Tech Adept
 
yumlailai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 228
Default

Is there any news on release date?

I want one
yumlailai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #33
Tech Master
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,096
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

arrrgg... still a big round cap... can they at least package it rectangular so i can put double sided tape on.
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #34
Tech Regular
 
kyle3333's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yes, a release date would be awesome! I will be buying several of these as soon as they are available.

Which means I will have about 7 or 8 SXX V2s for sale very soon. PM me if you are interested in either the SXXV2 or the SXX V2 TC Spec, I have a few of each.
__________________
JConcepts • UpGrade RC
kyle3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #35
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
No Hobbywing, still pure LRP stuff.
Had the luck to run a few heats with one of the prototypes which are now used at the worlds and it felt really good, much better than the V2. Power is very good and also control in slippery conditions/small tracks improved a lot.

The new software has some nice features/new options like current limiter, torque/boost timing, boost ramps and so on.

The production speedos will have U-shaped solder tabs, i think time was a little short to finish the final parts for the worlds....

The size is nearly the same of the V2 speedos, so still one of the smallest speedos.
regars from Germany
Marcel
Aren't those functions the same as the old ones?haha
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #36
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,265
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Hmmm...I think my SXX V2 TC just crapped out on me and I'm undecided what to get next. It would be nice to hear something from LRP on this.
__________________
www.teamgravityrc.com
Leisure Hours Raceway
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #37
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Öhringen near Stuttgart / Germany
Posts: 71
Default

Just wait a few days till Reto is back from the worlds, i think he'll have all the info you need.
So far it seems that the new speedo performs well -> free practise laptimes of Ronald look very competitiv... :-)
regars
Marcel
Marcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #38
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Lrp say's the new Flow BEC is "bullet proof" ...


Does this mean it can handle reverse polarity if the Flow gets plugged in backwards , or a bad servo ,ect ?
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 07-25-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #39
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle3333 View Post
Yes, a release date would be awesome! I will be buying several of these as soon as they are available.

Which means I will have about 7 or 8 SXX V2s for sale very soon. PM me if you are interested in either the SXXV2 or the SXX V2 TC Spec, I have a few of each.
I can have Chris order 9 or 10 of them so when you fry a few we will have a few extra in stock.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #40
Tech Regular
 
kyle3333's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I can have Chris order 9 or 10 of them so when you fry a few we will have a few extra in stock.
Hahahaha!! Who knows what the new ones will be like from a reliability stand-point. But, my experience has been great with LRP stuff.

I don't want to get into a back and forth about this. But, I have been using LRP escs for almost 4 years straight and only had two major failures. One was my fault, I was running non-stop (pack after pack) in 100+ degree weather and that was on purpose to see what it could take (yes, that was an expensive way to see how much an esc can take, I know this). The other failure was a bad BEC, which they took care for free well after the warranty expired.

Given that I race mod buggy, mod 4wd buggy, mod SC, mod 4wd SC, and mod TC, I have no reason to think that LRP is unreliable or any more unreliable than another manufacturers. LRP has only been the cause one DNF over 4 years of a ton of racing. I would say that is pretty good.

I guess my point is that I don't really understand why LRP has the reputation they do for reliability. That, or I have been really lucky and/or pay attention to what I am doing with my equipment. Ha!
__________________
JConcepts • UpGrade RC
kyle3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #41
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Wisconsin USA
Posts: 3,278
Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle3333 View Post
Hahahaha!! Who knows what the new ones will be like from a reliability stand-point. But, my experience has been great with LRP stuff.

I don't want to get into a back and forth about this. But, I have been using LRP escs for almost 4 years straight and only had two major failures. One was my fault, I was running non-stop (pack after pack) in 100+ degree weather and that was on purpose to see what it could take (yes, that was an expensive way to see how much an esc can take, I know this). The other failure was a bad BEC, which they took care for free well after the warranty expired.

Given that I race mod buggy, mod 4wd buggy, mod SC, mod 4wd SC, and mod TC, I have no reason to think that LRP is unreliable or any more unreliable than another manufacturers. LRP has only been the cause one DNF over 4 years of a ton of racing. I would say that is pretty good.

I guess my point is that I don't really understand why LRP has the reputation they do for reliability. That, or I have been really lucky and/or pay attention to what I am doing with my equipment. Ha!
I had a brand new out of the box that didn't even light up because of a bad BEC right from the factory. Is there no quality control over there? The BEC's seem to be the problem. Hope they have that issue fixed with the Flow!!!!
Andy Koback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #42
Tech Regular
 
kyle3333's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle3333 View Post
Hahahaha!! Who knows what the new ones will be like from a reliability stand-point. But, my experience has been great with LRP stuff.

I don't want to get into a back and forth about this. But, I have been using LRP escs for almost 4 years straight and only had two major failures. One was my fault, I was running non-stop (pack after pack) in 100+ degree weather and that was on purpose to see what it could take (yes, that was an expensive way to see how much an esc can take, I know this). The other failure was a bad BEC, which they took care for free well after the warranty expired.

Given that I race mod buggy, mod 4wd buggy, mod SC, mod 4wd SC, and mod TC, I have no reason to think that LRP is unreliable or any more unreliable than another manufacturers. LRP has only been the cause one DNF over 4 years of a ton of racing. I would say that is pretty good.

I guess my point is that I don't really understand why LRP has the reputation they do for reliability. That, or I have been really lucky and/or pay attention to what I am doing with my equipment. Ha!
Now that I have posted about this, I can just see myself burning one up tonight. Ha!
__________________
JConcepts • UpGrade RC
kyle3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #43
Tech Master
 
chicky03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,992
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Thumbs up

I got to run the new Flow at the worlds in 12th scale and I was really happy with the feel and power. According to Reto it will come with stock and mod software already installed, you will also be able to update the speedo to run mod or stock only software and have finer steps for adjustment. He said it should be released in august some time.
__________________
Serpent America, Picco, Desoto Racing, Motiv, J Concepts, Nitro Pro fuel, PT RC Racing Oils, TQ Wire(best wire ever!), BSR tires, Arrowmax, Xceed, Sanwa, Amain Hobbies, MIP, Getcustomized, EZ Customs
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #44
Tech Regular
 
kyle3333's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
I got to run the new Flow at the worlds in 12th scale and I was really happy with the feel and power. According to Reto it will come with stock and mod software already installed, you will also be able to update the speedo to run mod or stock only software and have finer steps for adjustment. He said it should be released in august some time.
Great to know, thanks for the update!
__________________
JConcepts • UpGrade RC
kyle3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #45
Tech Regular
 
jsr555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canberra, Aus.
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
I got to run the new Flow at the worlds in 12th scale and I was really happy with the feel and power. According to Reto it will come with stock and mod software already installed, you will also be able to update the speedo to run mod or stock only software and have finer steps for adjustment. He said it should be released in august some time.
Update the speedo....? Will there be updates, or will they just bring out another speedie
__________________
Xray T4 & HPI/HB Pro 5 - Powered by Hobbywing

SQ: HPI RS Pro -HPI RS Pro 2 - HPI Pro 3 - HPI Pro ?? - HPI Pro 5
jsr555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE COBRARACING Radio and Electronics 12544 10-09-2017 08:03 AM
LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors mok Electric On-Road 697 08-04-2013 12:35 PM
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 1241 06-08-2012 08:52 AM
Ask Frank Root.....AE, Reedy, LRP, JC Frank Root Electric Off-Road 568 02-14-2010 12:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:35 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net