R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #421
Tech Regular
 
spencehotbodies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 008-Racer View Post
I have run both with 17.5 & 13.5 and couldn't tell the difference
I think you would feel the diffrence in mod.
__________________
Xray T416- Xray X1-Spec-r-Sanwa-Orca-Ame-Arrowmax-Wild turbo fans
West London Race Club
spencehotbodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #422
Tech Master
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,148
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I want to know the LRP support experience and availability. A while ago, LRP used to be distributed via Global and Ace, their support was hardly none. I remember there was sticker on the box that said mail the ESC to Germany; hobby shop had a handful of LRP ESCs that couldn't be services or returned...
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #423
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
I want to know the LRP support experience and availability. A while ago, LRP used to be distributed via Global and Ace, their support was hardly none. I remember there was sticker on the box that said mail the ESC to Germany; hobby shop had a handful of LRP ESCs that couldn't be services or returned...
Team Associated are the official LRP support group in USA

I've had two updates for FREE, over the last few years
So support is not a problem

Not always the fastest I've heard, but they've been great for me
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #424
Tech Adept
 
IgorR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWill75 View Post
I can't get my usb bridge to work with my Laptop running window 8. Can anyone give me some help?

Hello,

I have the same problem on my windows 8 computer.

About the USB Bridge driver installation. I found that it is not installing because the drivers is not digitally signed with a certificate.
This link explain you how to do to install it :
http://www.craftedge.com/tutorials/d...tall_win8.html

About the LRP Win-Version v2.0.7. I still not able to make it run under windows 8. I've tried with the different compatibility's modes (Windows XP, Windows 7). It always crash after launching.

I've post the question on LRP forum few month ago and so far I did not get any answer.
__________________
Tamiya Lunch Box
IgorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #425
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northern SoCal
Posts: 5,430
Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)
Default

Ive got a blinky question for you guys...Is there a significant difference between the stock (1.4) software and the new Stock (5.0) software if you are only running blinky. It seems to primarily change the agressiveness of the boost profiles but if you dont even get into that does it even matter? I mainly run blinky stock and am trying to justify getting the spec 2 usb adapter. Thanks!
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #426
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,762
Send a message via AIM to JustWill75
Default

I like that question....
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED // REEDY POWER // BLAST RC
JustWill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #427
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,762
Send a message via AIM to JustWill75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorR View Post
Hello,

I have the same problem on my windows 8 computer.

About the USB Bridge driver installation. I found that it is not installing because the drivers is not digitally signed with a certificate.
This link explain you how to do to install it :
http://www.craftedge.com/tutorials/d...tall_win8.html

About the LRP Win-Version v2.0.7. I still not able to make it run under windows 8. I've tried with the different compatibility's modes (Windows XP, Windows 7). It always crash after launching.

I've post the question on LRP forum few month ago and so far I did not get any answer.
I knew I wasn't going crazy. So does anyone with windows 8 and a Flow been able to use there USB bridge?
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED // REEDY POWER // BLAST RC
JustWill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #428
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWill75 View Post
I knew I wasn't going crazy. So does anyone with windows 8 and a Flow been able to use there USB bridge?
not me ...
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #429
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 366
Default

I just bought a Flow and I have a general question about 1s use. I am using it with a 12 scale car and a Novak Ballistic 13.5. I hooked it up and bench tested it in the car and it seems like the motor feels fairly slow on my bench compared to the motors I run with 7.4V. Is this typical for 1s 3.7V operation?
rossb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #430
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossb View Post
I just bought a Flow and I have a general question about 1s use. I am using it with a 12 scale car and a Novak Ballistic 13.5. I hooked it up and bench tested it in the car and it seems like the motor feels fairly slow on my bench compared to the motors I run with 7.4V. Is this typical for 1s 3.7V operation?
Yes
You have half the voltage
Power to weight ratio is nearly double to a TC as well

What size and surface track do you plan to run with your 13.5 Flow ?
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #431
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,394
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Ive got a blinky question for you guys...Is there a significant difference between the stock (1.4) software and the new Stock (5.0) software if you are only running blinky. It seems to primarily change the agressiveness of the boost profiles but if you dont even get into that does it even matter? I mainly run blinky stock and am trying to justify getting the spec 2 usb adapter. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWill75 View Post
I like that question....
No difference for blinky. Only fine tuning of boost like you said. If your club is serious about checking things, right now only the 1.4 firmware is roar approved for blinky..
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #432
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northern SoCal
Posts: 5,430
Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
No difference for blinky. Only fine tuning of boost like you said. If your club is serious about checking things, right now only the 1.4 firmware is roar approved for blinky..
Thanks...I will go ahead and wait until I run more mod stuff.
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #433
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,762
Send a message via AIM to JustWill75
Default

Aw man, I bought the bridge for no reason then because all I run is blinky 17.5 TC........
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED // REEDY POWER // BLAST RC
JustWill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #434
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 163
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

what software do you guys use for mod?
f1o7x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #435
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 257
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone had a problem with the flow where the capacitor positive lead detaches itself from the capacitor randomly?..

Its either from vibration or someting as i havent crashed or anything..

Is it safe to use other capacitors? Like the works team one from LRP? Or do you have to use the big single?
__________________
FANTOM | GFORCE | BITTYDESIGN | YOKOMO
Lionel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE COBRARACING Radio and Electronics 12494 11-15-2016 03:57 PM
LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors mok Electric On-Road 697 08-04-2013 01:35 PM
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 1241 06-08-2012 09:52 AM
Ask Frank Root.....AE, Reedy, LRP, JC Frank Root Electric Off-Road 568 02-14-2010 01:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:16 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0