R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #226
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,746
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Last year it had to be on the list 30 days prior I believe. I am not sure about this year and when the cut off is/was. I'll email Boylan and ask about it. Im sure LRP is doing everything they can to get it submitted and approved though. Heard nothing but good things about it.

EA
I have a strange feeling that LRP submitted this a while ago and its just sitting on someones desk waiting for approval now. I could be wrong but thats a hunch.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #227
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,864
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I have a strange feeling that LRP submitted this a while ago and its just sitting on someones desk waiting for approval now. I could be wrong but thats a hunch.
I talked with Mike Boylan of the Snowbirds and he said he had talked with ROAR but they were not clear if it would be approved before the race or not. Boylan said he would post something about its use for the snowbirds when he got access to his computer later.

He did say it was NOT legal for use in the SPEC classes for Oval at the snowbirds due to the TOUR series having a 30 day legality rule for all products.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #228
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

At this point, I just hope it's legal by nats. :-\
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #229
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 89
Default

Hi all,

I have a LRP Flow Worksteam, but have a little problem.

I calibrate it, and all it's working well. But one thing strange, if a put the car on the track, and push it a little bit, the motor turn a little bit, i need to brake, to stop it.. Il I turn wheel with hand, it's the same.

I use a GM motor, LRP LiPo and futuba remote..

Any suggest?
__________________
Team Awesomatix / Team Roche / Team Corally / Wild Turbo Fan
nicoo2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #230
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 751
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The Flow has been submitted to ROAR and as far as I know it has passed the certification tests. It is just waiting to be added to the ROAR approved list.
Snowbirds website shows that any items on the ROAR list by January 18 will be legal, except for the spec oval classes which have different requirements.

At this time the only SW approved will be the v1.4 which is the SW shipped on the SC from the factory.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #231
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 103
Default Sean Cochran

I have just purchased 2 flows and the distributors updated the software to v5Below is the reply I got from LRP europe

v5 is no common software version. Originally Esc is supplied with v1.4.

v3.3 is Off-Road

V4.0 is On-Road

v5.0 is Stock only
RCvetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #232
Tech Elite
 
flameoutgarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Srcr Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,629
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett
Default

Man this 2 week crap is bull****, this is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a company..

Sent speedo in for free upgrade in October, was told it wasn't upgradable, but they would sell me a flow for a discount, ok, when try goin to be in stock? 2 weeks, that's fine I say, this was early November, 3 weeks later I call, 2 weeks out.. Ugh ok.. I call a week ago, we just got them in and will be shipping it monday.. Sweet, call today, I'm not on the list and will be on the next shipment... In u guessed it.. 2 weeks

Venting, its not even going to make it out of the shipping box if it ever shows up
__________________
Team fun-Www.rc-trim.com-Team Speedmerchant-Team Orca-Team Br00d
flameoutgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #233
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett View Post
Man this 2 week crap is bull****, this is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a company..

Sent speedo in for free upgrade in October, was told it wasn't upgradable, but they would sell me a flow for a discount, ok, when try goin to be in stock? 2 weeks, that's fine I say, this was early November, 3 weeks later I call, 2 weeks out.. Ugh ok.. I call a week ago, we just got them in and will be shipping it monday.. Sweet, call today, I'm not on the list and will be on the next shipment... In u guessed it.. 2 weeks

Venting, its not even going to make it out of the shipping box if it ever shows up
how was it not upgradeable?
traitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #234
Tech Elite
 
flameoutgarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Srcr Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,629
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor View Post
how was it not upgradeable?
They put a new board in it and it blew smoke is what they said.. Should have just never sent it in at all, worked when I sent it in.
__________________
Team fun-Www.rc-trim.com-Team Speedmerchant-Team Orca-Team Br00d
flameoutgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #235
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 751
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvetran View Post
I have just purchased 2 flows and the distributors updated the software to v5Below is the reply I got from LRP europe

v5 is no common software version. Originally Esc is supplied with v1.4.

v3.3 is Off-Road

V4.0 is On-Road

v5.0 is Stock only
Not sure what your asking? The v5.0 is a boosted stock software. I think all of the SW versions have a blinky mode in them. We only have approval from ROAR for the v1.4 as we were pressed for time.

If your attending Snowbirds and need the SC changed back to v1.4 to comply with the rules I will be able to help at the track.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #236
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Just wanted to say thanks to AE

Sent in a few SXX for updates before the Holiday
And got them back within one month
Not bad considering Holiday break and all

Nice goin
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #237
Tech Elite
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
Not sure what your asking? The v5.0 is a boosted stock software. I think all of the SW versions have a blinky mode in them. We only have approval from ROAR for the v1.4 as we were pressed for time.

If your attending Snowbirds and need the SC changed back to v1.4 to comply with the rules I will be able to help at the track.
Sean,

can you make a recomendation as to which of the firmware will be best suited for use in a 12th Scale (1S/Mod)?

Thanks
__________________
ACT EP10 & EP12 ONR Titles, February 26th to 29thth 2016.

--XRAY--NOSRAM--PROTOFORM--MUCHMORE--
www.teamxray.com -- www.hudy.net -- www.hobbyexpress.com.au
http://www.rcracedatesaustralia.com/
nerdling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #238
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 751
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
Sean,

can you make a recomendation as to which of the firmware will be best suited for use in a 12th Scale (1S/Mod)?

Thanks
Our only experience so far has been using the v4.0. WCs, Vegas, Cleveland all used that with fairly aggressive ramp settings. I would have to look back to see what the setting actually were.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #239
Tech Elite
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
Our only experience so far has been using the v4.0. WCs, Vegas, Cleveland all used that with fairly aggressive ramp settings. I would have to look back to see what the setting actually were.
Thankyou
__________________
ACT EP10 & EP12 ONR Titles, February 26th to 29thth 2016.

--XRAY--NOSRAM--PROTOFORM--MUCHMORE--
www.teamxray.com -- www.hudy.net -- www.hobbyexpress.com.au
http://www.rcracedatesaustralia.com/
nerdling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #240
Tech Elite
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know how to do a factory reset?
__________________
ACT EP10 & EP12 ONR Titles, February 26th to 29thth 2016.

--XRAY--NOSRAM--PROTOFORM--MUCHMORE--
www.teamxray.com -- www.hudy.net -- www.hobbyexpress.com.au
http://www.rcracedatesaustralia.com/
nerdling is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE COBRARACING Radio and Electronics 12494 11-15-2016 03:57 PM
LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors mok Electric On-Road 697 08-04-2013 01:35 PM
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 1241 06-08-2012 09:52 AM
Ask Frank Root.....AE, Reedy, LRP, JC Frank Root Electric Off-Road 568 02-14-2010 01:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0