Like Tree11Likes

New LRP Flow Esc

Old 12-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by B00t13g
He's running boosted. 4.0 is more of a blinky gearing. To anyone running an Lrp 17.5 x12 what timing insert are you using along with what settings on the flow?
Yes, I'm running boosted. I've already set "0" torque timing also, but there was no different. As far as I tried on 17.5T motor The smaller FDR result in smaller power, and the boost didn't come out.
I run on 25 meter long track. I'm starting frustated with this LRP Flow...
Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W_St
Yes, I'm running boosted. I've already set "0" torque timing also, but there was no different. As far as I tried on 17.5T motor The smaller FDR result in smaller power, and the boost didn't come out.
I run on 25 meter long track. I'm starting frustated with this LRP Flow...
What motor do you have, and how much endbell timing?

I would think 1/3/0/9/10/3/0 with a 6.5 FDR should be a good place to start. You still want some endbell timing, how much depends on the motor.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
What motor do you have, and how much endbell timing?

I would think 1/3/0/9/10/3/0 with a 6.5 FDR should be a good place to start. You still want some endbell timing, how much depends on the motor.
Thank's for the answer guys, I'll try and update it soon...
Old 12-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Also what settings/ timing insert for an x20 4.5 on a medium traction carpet track. 90x40
For X20 4.5T just use standard timing 4 dots 27.5
Old 12-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

^ thank you.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scoyle
Is the firmware that comes installed on the Flow Works the most up to date at the moment?

Has anyone a good set of settings for 10.5 boosted indoors on carpet?
I am really confused

Nosram have released the new software but there doesnt look to be any firmware?

The LRP website talks about using v4 software but the speedo comes with 1.4?

Also in mode 6 there are more settings than those that are in the manual?
Old 01-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Happy New Year to you all :-)

So is there really only one person on this planet who is willing to post a setup?

I am looking for 17.5 & 13.5 Boosted setups in TC with X12 motors, can anyone help?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys

Does the Flow boost programs like the Reedy Sonic stock motors (10.5t/17.5t/21.5t) ?
Or would you recommend an other Esc for boosting the Reedy Sonic?
Old 01-01-2013, 04:39 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 008-Racer
Happy New Year to you all :-)

So is there really only one person on this planet who is willing to post a setup?

I am looking for 17.5 & 13.5 Boosted setups in TC with X12 motors, can anyone help?
Originally Posted by wtcc
Hey guys

Does the Flow boost programs like the Reedy Sonic stock motors (10.5t/17.5t/21.5t) ?
Or would you recommend an other Esc for boosting the Reedy Sonic?
It hard to find help for boosted stock when the US has mostly gone no boost.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

It really is just a case of trial and error unfortunately, I don't mind giving out my settings to a certain degree for a base line, and I know this sounds mean, but why should someone spend a day at the track refining settings (which is costing money) to then just give them away to someone who doesn't want to put in the time and effort.

I could understand that being harsh if I had any links to Lrp or Nosram but I don't. And as Sean mentions, hardly anyone in the US runs boosted now.

If its any help to WTCC, Olly J uses Reedy motors with boosted here...
Old 01-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
It really is just a case of trial and error unfortunately, I don't mind giving out my settings to a certain degree for a base line, and I know this sounds mean, but why should someone spend a day at the track refining settings (which is costing money) to then just give them away to someone who doesn't want to put in the time and effort.

I could understand that being harsh if I had any links to Lrp or Nosram but I don't. And as Sean mentions, hardly anyone in the US runs boosted now.

Luke, it was great of you to give out your base settings - I was very glad to get my hands on them as it meant I was in the ball park from the start (and didn't blow a motor trying to find a base!). Thanks for your work.

I also agree with you that speedo settings are key now to a days racing and if you or the likes of Olly gave out settings then they would lose the advantage on the track as everyone would just copy them.

The other thing to take into account is that settings are very much down to track size, motor type and personal preference (whether you like a smooth or aggressive car) so anything other than the base that Luke has kindly given out would not be that much use.

I am hoping to get out with my LRP Flow this weekend for some practise and I will put my settings up here afterwards for 10.5 boosted but whether they are any use...
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson

Luke thanks for your message!

You've actually been a great help but your settings didn't work for me sadly

I was running a Reedy 17.5 & 13.5 but found it getting a little too hot and it also stuttered a little on full throttle, this did improve when I got rid of the torque timing but I just couldn't get any low end grunt

I have tried many things like gearing and reducing timing on the can and boost etc

But just when I think I am on top of it I go to a different track and its way off!!

I was just getting lost with it, I have now got X12's to see if they make life a little easier

I have spoken with OJ but sadly he is not running the same software that we all have :-( as his settings don't mean anything to what's on the instructions

I will continue to keep testing and when I find something that does work well I will be very happy to post it.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

I see that there is software listed on the LRP site;

http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/software-update/

and this shows as v2.0.7 - what version of firmware does this put on the speedo (or is it 2.0.7)?

I assume Olly has some untested firmware for factory drivers - any idea when this will be available for us mere mortals :-)
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scoyle
I see that there is software listed on the LRP site;

http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/software-update/

and this shows as v2.0.7 - what version of firmware does this put on the speedo (or is it 2.0.7)?

I assume Olly has some untested firmware for factory drivers - any idea when this will be available for us mere mortals :-)
I think the software you have linked to is just software to access the speedo

Sadly LRP haven't listed any Firmware updates that I can find

I don't know exactly what OJ is running but his settings don't match what I see on the sheet so it has to be different?

The benefits of being a factory supported driver I guess
Old 01-02-2013, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 008-Racer
I think the software you have linked to is just software to access the speedo

Sadly LRP haven't listed any Firmware updates that I can find

I don't know exactly what OJ is running but his settings don't match what I see on the sheet so it has to be different?

The benefits of being a factory supported driver I guess
Ah got it now... I had assumed that the firmware came with the update software like the Hobbywing/HPI software that I have been using.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.