R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #166
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 103
Default spencehpotbodies

the SXX V2 with graded board is totally different to the flow. The flow has 7 adjustments the SXX has 4.
RCvetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #167
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
Default

will this get roar approval?
shadow4478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #168
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: nanaimo bc
Posts: 68
Default

hey guys
i just picked up one of these flows for my tc and its the first time i will be running an lrp. does anyone know what the settings are right out of the box? unless i read the manual wrong it doesnt seem to give you a base line unless i read it wrong. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
jdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #169
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdick View Post
hey guys
i just picked up one of these flows for my tc and its the first time i will be running an lrp. does anyone know what the settings are right out of the box? unless i read the manual wrong it doesnt seem to give you a base line unless i read it wrong. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
All the settings are just the minimum as default because there are so many combinations it would be impossible to set a "default".

Depending on the class, Luke Hobson put a post earlier that had some good settings.
stuartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #170
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: nanaimo bc
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartb View Post
All the settings are just the minimum as default because there are so many combinations it would be impossible to set a "default".

Depending on the class, Luke Hobson put a post earlier that had some good settings.
oh sweetness ill have to check those settings out. i just need a general ball park because im not going to be competitive because its my 2nd time driving a tc. just need it to go and stop and shut off at the right voltage for my esc. thanks for the help

oh and i forgot to mention its for 17.5 blinky.
jdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #171
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 751
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow4478 View Post
will this get roar approval?
Yes it will be submitted after we have enough stock to be able to send units to ROAR.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #172
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,040
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Any chance it will be in time for snowbirds or do I have to use my r10 pros for that
__________________
Mackenzie Meyercord
Rc America, Xray, MOTIV, Avid, Team EAM, Apex Rc Pro Shop, Pro Spec USA, Sanwa, RSD
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #173
Tech Initiate
 
W_St's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 30
Default

Hi guys, could you help me please...
I'm new to LRP, now I installed LRP Flow Works team on my Tamiya TA06pro with 17.5T motor.
I've already tried FDR from 6.0 to 9.2 but the car still run like a turtle.
I set the FLOW: initial drive #3, torque timing#2, boost timing #10, boost angle #9.
I have also tried to combine between boost timing from #6 to #10, and also boos angle from #6 to #10. There is no significant changes
Is the FLOW doesn't fit for stock 17.5 racing or I did something wrong with the setting??
Please help me guys, and thank's before

Merry Christmast!
W_St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #174
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,040
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_St View Post
Hi guys, could you help me please...
I'm new to LRP, now I installed LRP Flow Works team on my Tamiya TA06pro with 17.5T motor.
I've already tried FDR from 6.0 to 9.2 but the car still run like a turtle.
I set the FLOW: initial drive #3, torque timing#2, boost timing #10, boost angle #9.
I have also tried to combine between boost timing from #6 to #10, and also boos angle from #6 to #10. There is no significant changes
Is the FLOW doesn't fit for stock 17.5 racing or I did something wrong with the setting??
Please help me guys, and thank's before

Merry Christmast!
Torque timing is only for Lrp motors.
__________________
Mackenzie Meyercord
Rc America, Xray, MOTIV, Avid, Team EAM, Apex Rc Pro Shop, Pro Spec USA, Sanwa, RSD
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #175
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_St View Post
Hi guys, could you help me please...
I'm new to LRP, now I installed LRP Flow Works team on my Tamiya TA06pro with 17.5T motor.
I've already tried FDR from 6.0 to 9.2 but the car still run like a turtle.
How long is your track? The FDR combos you tried are way off for a 17.5 motor. Try 4.7 FDR as a starting point and work your way down until you start to get a drop off in power half way through your run, then go back a bit on the FDR.

I run 4.0 everywhere and just mess with the timing on the motor.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #176
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,040
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
How long is your track? The FDR combos you tried are way off for a 17.5 motor. Try 4.7 FDR as a starting point and work your way down until you start to get a drop off in power half way through your run, then go back a bit on the FDR.

I run 4.0 everywhere and just mess with the timing on the motor.
He's running boosted. 4.0 is more of a blinky gearing. To anyone running an Lrp 17.5 x12 what timing insert are you using along with what settings on the flow?
__________________
Mackenzie Meyercord
Rc America, Xray, MOTIV, Avid, Team EAM, Apex Rc Pro Shop, Pro Spec USA, Sanwa, RSD
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #177
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,040
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Also what settings/ timing insert for an x20 4.5 on a medium traction carpet track. 90x40
__________________
Mackenzie Meyercord
Rc America, Xray, MOTIV, Avid, Team EAM, Apex Rc Pro Shop, Pro Spec USA, Sanwa, RSD
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #178
Tech Addict
 
Losiho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 620
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
To anyone running an Lrp 17.5 x12 what timing insert are you using
Always use the 4 Dot (27.5 degrees) insert with any sort of boosted racing with the X12.
Losiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #179
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,040
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losiho View Post
Always use the 4 Dot (27.5 degrees) insert with any sort of boosted racing with the X12.
What about for blinky 17.5 with the x12 and mod sedan with the x20 4.5?
__________________
Mackenzie Meyercord
Rc America, Xray, MOTIV, Avid, Team EAM, Apex Rc Pro Shop, Pro Spec USA, Sanwa, RSD
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #180
Tech Addict
 
Losiho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 620
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
What about for blinky 17.5 with the x12 and mod sedan with the x20 4.5?
I don't race mod, sorry. I use a X12 17.5 in off road blinky - I use the 2 dot insert. I'm not sure what insert you would use for on road sedan. The trick with the X12 is to run the gearing & timing that keeps the motor under 80 - 85 degrees c max (180 - 185F). You can't run very much ESC timing due to the fact that 27.5 degrees of endbell timing is the lowest you can go.
Losiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE COBRARACING Radio and Electronics 12494 11-15-2016 03:57 PM
LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors mok Electric On-Road 697 08-04-2013 01:35 PM
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 1241 06-08-2012 09:52 AM
Ask Frank Root.....AE, Reedy, LRP, JC Frank Root Electric Off-Road 568 02-14-2010 01:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0