Wiki Posts
Search

ORCA Team - VRITRA VX COMPETITON ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks gentleman.

They are not high speed USB ports and the driver was successfully installed. Nonetheless it won't recognize the link. Starting to think there is a problem with the link itself.

-Kane
Old 10-13-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
Thanks gentleman.

They are not high speed USB ports and the driver was successfully installed. Nonetheless it won't recognize the link. Starting to think there is a problem with the link itself.

-Kane
I had to manually start up the driver installation on mine. I just made sure it was plugged in while I did that. If you go into the main compressed folder that you download, you'll find the USB driver installation. Sometimes it does weird things when you try to install the main software and fails. Installing them after installing the main software usually works better for me.

On another note, the VX3 is fantastic! ORCA has outdone themselves again by making another step forward in the competition ESC market. I took my original setup from my VXX, and was able to feel a difference right away. For me, throttle/brake feel and consistency is really important, and the VX3 is a noticeable improvement over the VX or VXX. So silky smooth!

The thing that I have always been critical about is transient throttle inputs. In modified we don't always just ram the throttle out of corners, and sometimes feather here and there. That feel and precise response at varying throttle input ranges is where the VX3 really shines.

In addition to the exceptional performance, the ESC and motor run much cooler as well. I honestly didn't hard temp reading on it right after the run since I was bombarded with questions about my first impressions, but the ESC runs significantly cooler.

Also, for those of you that have been able to get your paws on a VX3, you will need to update your programming box to the new Ver 4.2 firmware to program the VX3. This will also work with 4.1 firmwares from your VX, VX1, or VXX.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask .

-Korey
Old 10-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I had to manually start up the driver installation on mine. I just made sure it was plugged in while I did that. If you go into the main compressed folder that you download, you'll find the USB driver installation. Sometimes it does weird things when you try to install the main software and fails. Installing them after installing the main software usually works better for me.

On another note, the VX3 is fantastic! ORCA has outdone themselves again by making another step forward in the competition ESC market. I took my original setup from my VXX, and was able to feel a difference right away. For me, throttle/brake feel and consistency is really important, and the VX3 is a noticeable improvement over the VX or VXX. So silky smooth!

The thing that I have always been critical about is transient throttle inputs. In modified we don't always just ram the throttle out of corners, and sometimes feather here and there. That feel and precise response at varying throttle input ranges is where the VX3 really shines.

In addition to the exceptional performance, the ESC and motor run much cooler as well. I honestly didn't hard temp reading on it right after the run since I was bombarded with questions about my first impressions, but the ESC runs significantly cooler.

Also, for those of you that have been able to get your paws on a VX3, you will need to update your programming box to the new Ver 4.2 firmware to program the VX3. This will also work with 4.1 firmwares from your VX, VX1, or VXX.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask .

-Korey
Thanks for the tip. I tried my friend's link and it worked without issue so I am attributing the problem to the link itself.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone got specs for the new esc like to know constant and burst amp etc.
Resistance etc
Thanks
Old 10-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Is there a manual anywhere for the VX3? Does it have any logging capabilities around RPM, ESC temp, Motor temp?
Old 10-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackout
Is there a manual anywhere for the VX3? Does it have any logging capabilities around RPM, ESC temp, Motor temp?
You can use the program card to check Peak RPM and ESC Temp after a run.

EA
Old 10-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
You can use the program card to check Peak RPM and ESC Temp after a run.

EA
Eric, can this be done with the VX as well?
Old 10-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by oladele
Eric, can this be done with the VX as well?
Yes. All orca speedo's. Its one of the first screens on the program card when you first turn it on.

EA
Old 10-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yes. All orca speedo's. Its one of the first screens on the program card when you first turn it on.

EA
Thanks EA
Old 11-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
On another note, the VX3 is fantastic! ORCA has outdone themselves again by making another step forward in the competition ESC market. I took my original setup from my VXX, and was able to feel a difference right away. For me, throttle/brake feel and consistency is really important, and the VX3 is a noticeable improvement over the VX or VXX. So silky

-Korey
I'm just wondering if this difference is due to the new software or hardware factor in VX3. Will I feel the same with my VXX updated with the new 4.1 ver software?
Old 12-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Got a chance to run the VX3 today in mod sedan. It's stunning how good it feels. It made my 5.5 feel easier to drive than a 13.5 in the infield, and had smooth predictable power on the straights. Brakes felt great too. This is the best feeling speed control I've ever used.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

Well I reversed my leads to my battery and fried my speedo. I bought it new at this years Reedy race. Who can I contact about sending it in and having it repaired? I need an email address and or a phone number. Thanks to anyone who can help me.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey folks, sorry for the spam, but I'm out of onroad racing and am selling my Orca VX and programmer card if anyone is interested:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...mmer-card.html
Old 12-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Well I reversed my leads to my battery and fried my speedo. I bought it new at this years Reedy race. Who can I contact about sending it in and having it repaired? I need an email address and or a phone number. Thanks to anyone who can help me.
Juan,

Email anthony at [email protected] He will get you setup for the repair procedure.

EA
Old 12-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

Does anybody know when the 1s version of the VX3 will be available?

Claude

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.