R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #916
TC5
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
Default

Hi All ,

I am looking for some sort of explanation or rule of thumb with regards to the timing and boost intervals. How does this work ?

Also , how would you go about figuring out the turbo delay ?

Thank you in advance .
TC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #917
Tech Apprentice
 
hydrakermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC5 View Post
Hi All ,

I am looking for some sort of explanation or rule of thumb with regards to the timing and boost intervals. How does this work ?

Also , how would you go about figuring out the turbo delay ?

Thank you in advance .
Hi,

For the VXX - http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/orca...VXX_Manual.pdf

And for the VX - http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/orca.../VX_Manual.pdf

On the 2nd page of these manuals you will see OPERATION DIAGRAM. this tells you what does what basically.

I hope this is what you mean and is what your after.
hydrakermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:23 PM   #918
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a house
Posts: 225
Default

Has anyone had this happen
Car was fine week before,plug car in this week servo works etc but esc does not ??
Tried to reflash it still dead nothing fan is on but no led are lit, not mine though ???
I think its dead it was a replacement for another one that stopped giving full power..
Thanks
Quietman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #919
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hi all.
Have the new vxx v 3.3 esc.
Does anyone know what the default set up is ?
.. blinky or boosted.

Thanks in advance
__________________
Team TOP Australia www.topracing.net.au

TOP Photon EX 17.5 + TOP Photon EX 21.5 + TOP Rebel F1 21.5

ORCA | Tekin RS Pro | Tekin Gen 2 RPM | Ko Pro-Po | EPIC Trinity
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:14 PM   #920
Tech Elite
 
Sal Amato's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Long Island ,New York
Posts: 2,173
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
Has anyone had this happen
Car was fine week before,plug car in this week servo works etc but esc does not ??
Tried to reflash it still dead nothing fan is on but no led are lit, not mine though ???
I think its dead it was a replacement for another one that stopped giving full power..
Thanks
Had this happen to me had to send it back speedo was only 1 1/2 months old they replaced it, awesome service !!
__________________
360 RC SPEEDWAY 2.0

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #921
Tech Master
 
mikel33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,419
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Greetings,

Is 4.1 ROAR approved for the vx or only the vxx? thx in advance.
__________________
Michael Larson.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #922
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Default

DRAG BRAKE HELP!!

New VXX with 4.1 software. Problem is the drag brake just does not work no matter what setting you use. I have changed every parameter and still nothing.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Many thanks.
dragonmount74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #923
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,116
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post
Greetings,

Is 4.1 ROAR approved for the vx or only the vxx? thx in advance.
VXX and VX1 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmount74 View Post
DRAG BRAKE HELP!!

New VXX with 4.1 software. Problem is the drag brake just does not work no matter what setting you use. I have changed every parameter and still nothing.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Many thanks.
You should be able to turn the drag brake up so high that it will feel like your using push brake as soon as you let it off. If its not then its possible you have a speedo issue. Perhaps you have bumped your batteries wires backwards at one time. A slight bump can cause to blow some of the fets but still work in forward just fine.


EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #924
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,164
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Just bought a vxx. Was wondering any setup advice or starting point for tc 17.5 blindly. Do I have to update any software if esc is purchased new?
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #925
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,116
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Just bought a vxx. Was wondering any setup advice or starting point for tc 17.5 blindly. Do I have to update any software if esc is purchased new?
It depends on who you have bought it from. The ones I am shipping now I am opening up and putting 4.1 on it and the program cards if the customer request it. Most stuff the shelf at shops is probably 3.3 version so you would have to update it with the latest software via the USB adapter.

Also there has been a price drop on the VXX. Street price is now 175.00

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #926
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,164
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
It depends on who you have bought it from. The ones I am shipping now I am opening up and putting 4.1 on it and the program cards if the customer request it. Most stuff the shelf at shops is probably 3.3 version so you would have to update it with the latest software via the USB adapter.

Also there has been a price drop on the VXX. Street price is now 175.00

EA
I got it from you. Lol. Didn't know I should of requested it. Now I have to order the USB adapter.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #927
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 90745
Posts: 1,304
Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default

EA or keith
any good starting set up for 13.5 blinky for the 4.1? outdoor asphalt/tamiya track
S I O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #928
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,116
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
I got it from you. Lol. Didn't know I should of requested it. Now I have to order the USB adapter.
If you ordered it last night last name Bister I still have it and its going out tomorrow. I can update it for you.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #929
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,164
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
If you ordered it last night last name Bister I still have it and its going out tomorrow. I can update it for you.

EA
LOL please do! thank you so much. saw your pm first.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:30 PM   #930
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
If you ordered it last night last name Bister I still have it and its going out tomorrow. I can update it for you.

EA
Josh wants you to turn his up to 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
LOL please do! thank you so much. saw your pm first.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net