R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #721
Tech Master
 
Jerz616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-E View Post
Just wondering, how do get the IR value of the battery?
I got the IR values from my Hyperion charger (not calibrated).

Also the values are different, depending on the amount of capacity you manage to push into the battery.

How do you measure it properly?
My icharger gives it to me each time I charge the battery. I can also get it at anytime with a quick push of a button.
__________________
Ryan Gracey

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #722
Tech Apprentice
 
hydrakermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 67
Default VXX Speed Controller

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't really know where to post this, so id thought id post it here.

I've been getting a problem with my speed controller I believe it to be the problem.

What happens is; when I use my transmitter to accelerate, the motor sometimes starts turn and other times it doesn't.

Now I thought it might of been the receiver, so I brought a new one and I'm still getting the problem.

Then I thought it may of been the motor, so I had it apart to check for damage or a build up of crap.

The motor seems fine as well, I even soldered a different older motor with the speedo and it worked at first, then I switched it off and It wouldn't even accelerate.

I've even changed the sensor wire as I though it was that.

Any ideas of what it could be? Or anybody has a similar issue before?

The Speedo controller and motor are both less than 3 months old, and im just getting no drive from my motor.

I'm getting very frustrated so if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
hydrakermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:18 PM   #723
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrakermit View Post
Hi all,

Sorry I didn't really know where to post this, so id thought id post it here.

I've been getting a problem with my speed controller I believe it to be the problem.

What happens is; when I use my transmitter to accelerate, the motor sometimes starts turn and other times it doesn't.

Now I thought it might of been the receiver, so I brought a new one and I'm still getting the problem.

Then I thought it may of been the motor, so I had it apart to check for damage or a build up of crap.

The motor seems fine as well, I even soldered a different older motor with the speedo and it worked at first, then I switched it off and It wouldn't even accelerate.

I've even changed the sensor wire as I though it was that.

Any ideas of what it could be? Or anybody has a similar issue before?

The Speedo controller and motor are both less than 3 months old, and im just getting no drive from my motor.

I'm getting very frustrated so if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
I understand that sometimes the motor turns no other. This usually happens when the motor overheats and loose stage of the weld. Open the motor and see if the part of the stator not let some solder.
Pickthall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:23 PM   #724
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrakermit View Post
Hi all,

Sorry I didn't really know where to post this, so id thought id post it here.

I've been getting a problem with my speed controller I believe it to be the problem.

What happens is; when I use my transmitter to accelerate, the motor sometimes starts turn and other times it doesn't.

Now I thought it might of been the receiver, so I brought a new one and I'm still getting the problem.

Then I thought it may of been the motor, so I had it apart to check for damage or a build up of crap.

The motor seems fine as well, I even soldered a different older motor with the speedo and it worked at first, then I switched it off and It wouldn't even accelerate.

I've even changed the sensor wire as I though it was that.

Any ideas of what it could be? Or anybody has a similar issue before?

The Speedo controller and motor are both less than 3 months old, and im just getting no drive from my motor.

I'm getting very frustrated so if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked your lipo cuttoff setting in the controller? It sounds like a problem I had and it turned out to be me incorrectly putting in the wrong cutoff voltage. Turn the cutoff protection off and see if it works then...
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #725
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 673
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Is there a stock firmware where I can get more punch and brakes on blinky mode?
zzztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:32 PM   #726
Tech Master
 
Jerz616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzztech View Post
Is there a stock firmware where I can get more punch and brakes on blinky mode?
You can update to version 3.3 which has a better brake feel if you already haven't.
__________________
Ryan Gracey

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:02 PM   #727
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzztech View Post
Is there a stock firmware where I can get more punch and brakes on blinky mode?
Try the new 4.0 software. It's a definite improvement over 3.3. Feels great in my sedan and 12th.
__________________
Mackenzie Meyercord
Rc America, Xray, MOTIV, Avid, Team EAM, Apex Rc Pro Shop, Pro Spec USA, Sanwa, RSD
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:55 PM   #728
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Try the new 4.0 software. It's a definite improvement over 3.3. Feels great in my sedan and 12th.
4.0 isn't out yet from my understanding? And it's not legal for blinky class either as it was just sent to ROAR a few weeks ago according to Keith.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:00 PM   #729
Tech Regular
 
spencehotbodies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 267
Default

4.0 is live
__________________
Destiny RX-10s - Xray X1- Spec-r- nosram -Trinity-Wild turbo fans
West London Race Club
spencehotbodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:15 PM   #730
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Is there a quick over view of how to update everything? I know I need the USB link. Also will it work on a Mac?
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #731
Tech Master
 
Jerz616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Try the new 4.0 software. It's a definite improvement over 3.3. Feels great in my sedan and 12th.
Do you know if we can use 4.0 in Denver Mackie?
__________________
Ryan Gracey

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:52 AM   #732
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,100
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Is there a quick over view of how to update everything? I know I need the USB link. Also will it work on a Mac?
There is no over view anywhere that I know of. No it will not work on a mac and will not work on a computer with Windows 8 either.

They are working on a new USB for the future that will work with all computers including Mac....but its probably something we may see toward the end of the year.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #733
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone elaborate on the differences between the 3.0, 3.3, and 4.0 firmware versions?
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #734
Tech Elite
 
howardcano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 3,573
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
4.0 isn't out yet from my understanding? And it's not legal for blinky class either as it was just sent to ROAR a few weeks ago according to Keith.
Not sent yet. Hopefully soon!
__________________
Howard Cano
When race results are re-calculated using the IOF (Index Of Fun), I always win.
1993 ROAR 1/8 Pan National Champion
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #735
Tech Regular
 
spencehotbodies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Can anyone elaborate on the differences between the 3.0, 3.3, and 4.0 firmware versions?
If you go to the orca website it gives you a bit of a break down. What I no about 4.0 it runs the motor cooler with better braking.
__________________
Destiny RX-10s - Xray X1- Spec-r- nosram -Trinity-Wild turbo fans
West London Race Club
spencehotbodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:19 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net