R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 01-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #661
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyRichards View Post
Thanks, I'll start there. I just don't want to waste a brand new speed controller

I was wrong, I'm at 4k and 6 punch. The biggest change in feel was going to 6 punch.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #662
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks, I'll start there. I just don't want to waste a brand new speed controller

If you need help i can look at it thursday. Let me know.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:14 AM   #663
Tech Elite

I ended up at 8k pmw 6 punch in mod buggy with no delay and very drivable power.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #664
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
I ended up at 8k pmw 6 punch in mod buggy with no delay and very drivable power.
Isn't 8K smoother and higher ended in the rpm's? I tried 2k with 4 punch and it felt so slow. I am gonna keep going up on punch. Both my motor and speed controller are ice cold. If I race thursday ill talk to DP

Old 01-13-2014, 09:05 PM   #665
Tech Elite

Quote:
Isn't 8K smoother and higher ended in the rpm's? I tried 2k with 4 punch and it felt so slow. I am gonna keep going up on punch. Both my motor and speed controller are ice cold. If I race thursday ill talk to DP

The biggest change in feel for me has been adjusting the punch. With my current settings it feels very similar to an r10 pro. I'm also running the smallest neutral band.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #666
Tech Regular

Is it possible to use a standard VX in 1cell application like oval?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #667
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khador12 View Post
Is it possible to use a standard VX in 1cell application like oval?
This is from EA one page back asking the same question.

Yes you can. But you MUST pull the red wire out of the receiver plug to do this so it doesnt over load the BEC. And in order to make adjustments with the program card you have to plug it back up so it will power up. Kind of a pain but it works.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #668
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

im not sure why but that didnt work for me. i couldnt do anything to make the esc power the motor in one cell mode.. but. i tried not long after i got it without removing the red wire, so maybe i cooked something in it that would have allowed it to work in 1s mode? no idea. seems to work perfectly in 2s still. but it was just an attempt to not run my tekin rs in stock. ill just buy a VX1 for the new pancar.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:04 AM   #669
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Did you change the low voltage cut off to 'low'?
SLOWINSLOWOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:25 AM   #670
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

I set it as low as it would let me. I had to do the same thing with my speedpassion.
I'm not too upset. I'm just torn between vx1 or another hobbywing 3.1. Both are fantastic.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #671
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey folks,

So a few weeks ago I shipped off my VX to be repaired. I sent it back with the fan and capacitor. I figured if it's a write-off that I'd get a NIB ESC in exchange. Turns out my ESC was a total loss so after some money was exchanged I received a brand new ESC. Trouble is, it didn't come back with the capacitor or fan/screws....just an ESC. Rats.

The company is looking for my components in hopes of shipping them to me, but I would like to race this weekend. Can I run without the capacitor? If not, are there other capacitors I could purchase at an electronics store that would suffice?

I see EAM sells the capacitor packs for $13, but there's little chance I could get it in time for the weekend. Not to mention I'm a bit frustrated at the prospect of having to buy it at all.

Not overly concerned about the fan this weekend, but if I need to purchase a fan, where can those be purchased? This ESC failure (thanks to my Killshot motor) is costing me more and more!

Thanks,
Tommy
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #672
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Hey folks,

So a few weeks ago I shipped off my VX to be repaired. I sent it back with the fan and capacitor. I figured if it's a write-off that I'd get a NIB ESC in exchange. Turns out my ESC was a total loss so after some money was exchanged I received a brand new ESC. Trouble is, it didn't come back with the capacitor or fan/screws....just an ESC. Rats.

The company is looking for my components in hopes of shipping them to me, but I would like to race this weekend. Can I run without the capacitor? If not, are there other capacitors I could purchase at an electronics store that would suffice?

I see EAM sells the capacitor packs for $13, but there's little chance I could get it in time for the weekend. Not to mention I'm a bit frustrated at the prospect of having to buy it at all.

Not overly concerned about the fan this weekend, but if I need to purchase a fan, where can those be purchased? This ESC failure (thanks to my Killshot motor) is costing me more and more!

Thanks,
Tommy
Tommy

If I shipped you one today it wouldnt get there till Saturday at the earliest. Id be happy to do that for you free of charge along with a fan and screws just to help rectify the problem but it wont help you any this weekend.

The caps help the speedo run cooler and make it a little more efficent. If your running in a spec class (17.5 blinky) then it wont make a huge difference. If its a faster class or modified it makes a pretty big difference. You can use any other cap on the market for it until you get the replacment. Tekin, LRP, Novak, etc. They all do the same thing basically.

Just PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks
EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #673
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Tommy

If I shipped you one today it wouldnt get there till Saturday at the earliest. Id be happy to do that for you free of charge along with a fan and screws just to help rectify the problem but it wont help you any this weekend.

The caps help the speedo run cooler and make it a little more efficent. If your running in a spec class (17.5 blinky) then it wont make a huge difference. If its a faster class or modified it makes a pretty big difference. You can use any other cap on the market for it until you get the replacment. Tekin, LRP, Novak, etc. They all do the same thing basically.

Just PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks
EA
Thanks so much for the offer, Eric! I'd love to take you up on that offer, but would hate it if the shop ended up finding/shipping my parts back to me. Then I'd feel bad for putting you out like that! But I'll PM you...

I'm running 17.5 Blinky this weekend so you think I could be okay w/o the cap?

Thanks again!!
Tommy
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #674
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Thanks so much for the offer, Eric! I'd love to take you up on that offer, but would hate it if the shop ended up finding/shipping my parts back to me. Then I'd feel bad for putting you out like that! But I'll PM you...

I'm running 17.5 Blinky this weekend so you think I could be okay w/o the cap?

Thanks again!!
Tommy
I dont think it will hurt anything. IVe ran before without one with no issues. If you can find one to throw on there for this weekend it wouldnt hurt. But if you cant I dont think it will be an issue.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #675
Tech Regular

Anyone have ORCA VXX esc for sale?

Titan or orange..

If you have tx 5.0 motor ???
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote