R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 08-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #481
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Im pretty sure this thread has everything you need to know in it, and its not that long.
I only asked keith personally as he races on our track on occasion
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #482
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi all,

I read the full thread about the Orca speedos and it seems they are excellent ESC's, if not the best currently.

So I think I'll powered my Awesomatix car with the new Vritra VXX and the new TX 10.5t motor (and maybe Orca batteries if they are good ones, any opinion about it?) to run in 10.5t boosted, and later with a 4.5t boosted motor.

Where can I buy these stuff in Europe?

How good is the new VXX in comparison to the excellent previous version, the VX? No one has already had overheating issue with the speedo?
When will the new v3.3 software will be available? No need to upgrade the program box tu use it?

[EDIT] I've just seen that the new VXX already included the V3.3 software, what are the improvement compared with the V3 software? Any experience about this new software?

Thanks in advance for sharing your exerience,
Best regards,
G-rem

Last edited by G-rem; 08-19-2013 at 03:36 AM.
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #483
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i have a ORCA VX with v3.0 software, and i want to understand what does + and - values does for timing interval and turbo interval. Thanks in advance.
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #484
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
i have a ORCA VX with v3.0 software, and i want to understand what does + and - values does for timing interval and turbo interval. Thanks in advance.
+ is a slower spool up - is faster.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #485
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

VXX Speedos will be in stock tomorrow in limited quantities.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #486
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

Will we be able to use our existing Program Card on the new VXX and is the VXX much better than the VX Comp? Will purchase the new one if it's noticably better than the previous version....Great ESC's!!!
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #487
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjkb View Post
Will we be able to use our existing Program Card on the new VXX and is the VXX much better than the VX Comp? Will purchase the new one if it's noticably better than the previous version....Great ESC's!!!
Hey Jason,

Hope your doing well. You used to live here in TN didnt you and race at White House?

Yes you can use the same program card for the VXX. You will just need to update the software on the program card as the new software is version 3.30. The software is also compatiable with the VX so you can update those if you have them so the card will work with all speedos if you own VX and VXX.

ROAR has the new speedo's now and software for approval but it may be several weeks before its tested.

The only people who will probably notice a difference is guys running a low wind boosted class like modified. Possibly some guys if running 10.5 boosted or something. The brakes are stronger but that is mainly in the software. The biggest difference is the heatsink is larger so that it will dissipate more heat now to allow for higher timing in modified class. Spec classes will probably not benefit from the new speedo versus a VX if you already have those.

Also the VXX will be a little cheaper as well in retail pricing. Working on getting those details worked out now.

Thanks
EA
Old 08-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #488
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

Eric,
Yes, used to live and race Offroad there with you all (WH & Thunder)...really miss everyone there and the racing was fantastic! Congrat's on all your racing and EA Motorsports successes! Now in Maryland and started racing Onroad this past year (MRH, Jackson RC, & JMR) since it's the prodominant class within the area. Having a great time with the abundant top level local racers/competition. Really appreciate the product feedback and will try the new software when it's released. Look forward to getting the new VXX soon, best brand ESC's I've used! Please say hi to Dirla, Blick, Hess, and Reino when you see them. Wish you and your family the very best!
Jason
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #489
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjkb View Post
Eric,
Yes, used to live and race Offroad there with you all (WH & Thunder)...really miss everyone there and the racing was fantastic! Congrat's on all your racing and EA Motorsports successes! Now in Maryland and started racing Onroad this past year (MRH, Jackson RC, & JMR) since it's the prodominant class within the area. Having a great time with the abundant top level local racers/competition. Really appreciate the product feedback and will try the new software when it's released. Look forward to getting the new VXX soon, best brand ESC's I've used! Please say hi to Dirla, Blick, Hess, and Reino when you see them. Wish you and your family the very best!
Jason

I will pass it along! LMK if you need anything.

EA
Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #490
Team EAM

All VXX Speedos are here.

EA
Old 08-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #491
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

ok. so no documentation provided with the tx motor. can shows 10degrees and two steps up and down. are these steps in 5 or 10 degree incriments? endbell goes quite a lot more.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
Old 08-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #492
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
ok. so no documentation provided with the tx motor. can shows 10degrees and two steps up and down. are these steps in 5 or 10 degree incriments? endbell goes quite a lot more.
The longer notch between 0 and 10 is 5 degrees. I have been trying to get the factory to tell me how much timing is built into the motor when its set at zero but havent gotten an exact response. Best I can tell is there is about 30 degrees when at zero (This is pretty common for a lot of motors). So at 10 degrees your actually at 40 overall. I have ran my motors as far as 3mm past the 10 degree mark which should be at 55. Ive yet to get a motor over 135 degrees in my TC!

EA
Old 08-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #493
Tech Elite

well then.. i went a few mm past the last white marking which made for a stupid fast touring car but a very hot one. like 170-180 during the main. ill keep it within the white for next time i think.
any idea when 3.3 will be available? i cranked the brakes but they are still very soft in my 17.5 car.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #494
Tech Adept

The new vxx speedo's or 3.3 firmware does it have the same 60 degrees of timing or has it been increased to 64 degrees
Jampot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #495
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
The new vxx speedo's or 3.3 firmware does it have the same 60 degrees of timing or has it been increased to 64 degrees
60 degrees is the Max. Setting on the Ver3.3
[email protected]
Keith Yu is offline   Reply With Quote