R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 07-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah that whole not blinky capable at the Nationals....I have heard its good boosted though before this just never seen one, held one, or seen one on sale in the US.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W

The up take in UK as been slow on VX

I have 1 VRITRA VX COMPETITION ESC TITANIUM in stock

they have gone massive in Europe

like i said before vx is the best smoothest esc i have drove all firmware is done in house easy to setup
Old 08-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you can't adjust the Vritra VX without the settings box which isn't included, and costs another $50? Does that sound accurate?

Anybody in the US want to buy a NIP orange VX?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you can't adjust the Vritra VX without the settings box which isn't included, and costs another $50? Does that sound accurate?

Anybody in the US want to buy a NIP orange VX?
The programmer card came included with the pro spec mk.II. Weird they don't include it with the VX now.

There's a couple of guys I know that very likely have several of these cards. They only need one each. Maybe they could sell you one cheap. I'll try to ask for you. Unfortunately I haven't seen them lately.

If I had more than only one, I would just send you one for the cost of shipping.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #20
Tech Lord

Thanks, that's nice of you guys.

I can't believe Orca would sell an ESC that you can't use without buying another piece. That's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever encountered in this hobby.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:

I can't believe Orca would sell an ESC that you can't use without buying another piece. That's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever encountered in this hobby.
Well, that would make this a $270 speed control...that I cannot currently use at any ROAR race or race that follows ROAR rules. Wow!

Thanks for saving me a bunch of money Syn!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:

What if you bought two speedos? You really want to pay for an extra programmer?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:

What do you mean? This is an industry standard... Tekin has done it for at least the 2years I have been back into racing now. I'd much rather face buying a $50 handheld versus hauling a laptop to the track!

Rest assured that ORCA is in the process of getting the VX ROAR approved. You guys have to remember that ROAR is a very stale organization and work at whatever pace they see fit, you can't have any expectations from ROAR as either a consumer or manufacturer. Good membership deal right? :P

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #24
Tech Lord

The Tekin can be adjusted with its buttons. The Orca has no buttons. The Tekin also isn't $220.

I like the cap and the fan included, and the ESC is beautiful. It's a shame I can't use it.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

So you can't even set it up to run in your car without that box? Did I understand that correctly?

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
So you can't even set it up to run in your car without that box? Did I understand that correctly?
Reading the manual, it looks like it defaults to blinky with no drag brake, but I haven't verified that. But you certainly can't change it, there's no buttons on the unit itself. It does look like you can set endpoints as well.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Reading the manual, it looks like it defaults to blinky with no drag brake, but I haven't verified that. But you certainly can't change it, there's no buttons on the unit itself. It does look like you can set endpoints as well.

Yes the default is a very "soft" blinky setup, and basic transmitter setup can be done via on/off switch.
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Rest assured that ORCA is in the process of getting the VX ROAR approved. You guys have to remember that ROAR is a very stale organization and work at whatever pace they see fit, you can't have any expectations from ROAR as either a consumer or manufacturer. Good membership deal right? :P

Boy have we heard this party line before...Seems like all of the other manufacturers seem to be able to figure it out. Hobbywing V3 is on the list and that just came out. Obviously you have a problem with ROAR, but let's no pretend like Orca has not had issues in the past either understanding or implementing the correct pattern for blinky approval. You may not like ROAR, but at least there is something to verify that these manufacturers are properly implementing an industry standard.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #29
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
You can only set your end points without the program box. You need the box for everything else or it will just run as factory default settings.
The Orca VX ESC would have to be the best ESC I have ever used for onroad, it is so smooth and with the Orca motor it's very fast in comparison to other brands. We have done a lot of testing with the Orca ESC in stock and mod on road and found it very reliable.
Hoot RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
The Tekin can be adjusted with its buttons. The Orca has no buttons. The Tekin also isn't $220.

I like the cap and the fan included, and the ESC is beautiful. It's a shame I can't use it.
I thought you were saying the Speedo couldn't be used at all without the programmer.. I get it now. Yes the Tekin has like what 5 settings from the button, but does anyone actually use the presets? I have yet to meet someone that refers to their tekin setting in "Button Clicks."

What about 1S racing, you can't use a Tekin with 1S without buying a hotwire, a RX pack or booster, and a Laptop/Netbook...

I think it' a little unfair to say it's the silliest thing in RC to not include the programmer. Last season I tried every controller from LRP to Hobbywing to Tekin in my pan cars, and at the rate the other guys speedos blow up and/or fail I would gladly spend the extra bucks for ORCA quality.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote