Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Anyone from Team Orion on here? Show some customer/product support, why don't ya!? >

Anyone from Team Orion on here? Show some customer/product support, why don't ya!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone from Team Orion on here? Show some customer/product support, why don't ya!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Exclamation Anyone from Team Orion on here? Show some customer/product support, why don't ya!?

Are there any Orion employees, company representatives, or team drivers on here??

Can't seem to get any kind of customer/product support.. They have a Facebook and Twitter account, and I'm sure other means of social interaction/media, plus their usual email... Yet, they can't seem to bother showing any kind of public respect/help/support to their customers, or fan base.

I had recently purchased a Vortex VST Pro 10.5 Motor for over a hundred dollars, and it was shot after the first two pulls of the trigger. I've emailed, facebooked, twittered, and dare I say, even tried calling them... Nothing. Total lack of product support, or even customer acknowledgement.

I used to own just about everything Orion back in the early 2000's.. Just a total fanboy, not for namesake or any other reason besides the quality of their products and the superb customer/product support. Now, coming back into the hobby after a short hiatus, it seems that isn't so much the case, anymore.

Just absolutely disgusted with the kind of 'service' and product I'm getting...

Please step-up to the plate guys. It'd be MUCH appreciated.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry to hear your trouble's. Never personally owned Orion gear.

Seems like you already got your Cars figured out with THE best ESC's on the planet anyways.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Red face

Originally Posted by Integra
Sorry to hear your trouble's. Never personally owned Orion gear.

Seems like you already got your Cars figured out with THE best ESC's on the planet anyways.
I sure do, and I even bought the 'top of the line' Orion ESC before my Tekin's, which is the R10 Pro (2-3s).. After spending $220 on just the ESC alone... I then found out that I couldn't even keep up with any of the other guys in my 17.5 SCT class. The reason wasn't my driving, it was because I discovered that I had to drop another $80 for a friggin 'Program Box' just to even unlock any of the 'turbo', 'boost', etc. features, that'd actually allow me to be somewhat competitive with the others, running Tekin ESC's.. Then I finally found ONE fella that did have an Orion program box, and was able to crank up and fine tune the advanced settings.... My SCT still wasn't hanging with the Tekin-equipped competition on the track!!!! And we were running identical gearing, batts, suspension setup, and tires.. It just didn't have the bottom-end 'squirt', as I call it, nor the smooth 'turbo' ramping, that the Tekin's did on the track. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy with the $220 purchase, orthe available $80 programmer, that I'd have to get on top of that, just to STILL be left behind by the others on the track... That's $300 for just a 'competitive' ESC.... Unbelievable.

So I now I have my Orion ESC sitting, collecting dust in its box.. And now running all Tekin RS Pro's with the aid of Hotwire... All for less than $200 for a TOP notch ESC, PLUS the Hotwire unit.. I'm in love.

Oh and believe me, I have NO hate for Orion whatsoever!! In fact, I'm using one of their 17.5 Vortex VST Pro Stock (2011 3pc motor can-version) motors, and it's blaaaaazing fast and can really take the beating of an offroad environment/setting, along with the semi-regular jabs of the throttle, that I'm used to doing on my eBuggy.. So yeah, I have no issues with that motor, whatsoever!!! I LOVE IT actually! Lol.. I must've just gotten a bad motor, in the case of the 10.5 VST Pro Motor (2012), that this thread was originally written about.

Just make it right, Orion.. Please?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Call or email them. I have run them all and I presently run Tekin in my 1/8 scale, but for 1/10 the tekin isn't even in the same league as the Orion. Flat out speed counts for nothing in off road, it's all about smooth power delivery and I feel this is where the Tekin falls short. We won't even discuss the difference in brakes. 17.5 sc shouldn't be boosted, everyone should be running blinky mode. Why not run mod? At my track we run 13.5 buggy anything goes and the guys that are winning are not winning because of speed controller or motor power they are winning on skill.

Just my opinion
Old 06-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Re-read the original post. I HAVE exhausted every means if communication/contact with them, to no avail... Short of driving up to their front door.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnslprd
Call or email them. I have run them all and I presently run Tekin in my 1/8 scale, but for 1/10 the tekin isn't even in the same league as the Orion. Flat out speed counts for nothing in off road, it's all about smooth power delivery and I feel this is where the Tekin falls short. We won't even discuss the difference in brakes. 17.5 sc shouldn't be boosted, everyone should be running blinky mode. Why not run mod? At my track we run 13.5 buggy anything goes and the guys that are winning are not winning because of speed controller or motor power they are winning on skill.

Just my opinion

Your kidding right ? Have you seen how fast Tekin Rx8's and Pro 4's Fly off the shelf ?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Love my rx8 wasn't so crazy about the rs pro, can't deny the speed but I perfer my stuff a bit softer and slower. I don't know why Orion doesn't have a rep on rctech I think thats one of the best selling points for Tekin. Randy is on top of his service, I don't think a question sits unanswered for more than a day on the Tekin forums.
In no way knocking Tekin, used their brushed stuff for years.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Also I don't remember orion being so hard to contact until Horizon took over. I remember having an issue with losi speed controler that was dead out of the package and arguing with Horizon that I didn't overgear it.....

Good Luck
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Bumparoni
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I had a horrible experience with Tekin after 20 years and switched to Orion. I would gladly trade you a RSPro and a 10.5 with 10 runs on it for your R10 and 17.5.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asc6000
I had a horrible experience with Tekin after 20 years and switched to Orion. I would gladly trade you a RSPro and a 10.5 with 10 runs on it for your R10 and 17.5.
Already gave away my R10 Pro, but still trying to get this 10.5 Orion motor thing figured out... or hoping SOMEONE from Orion/Horizon returns my email(s)/call(s).
Old 08-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Bump!

For such a prominent company it is incomprehensible that they do not have some sort of online presence here.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know this thread is over a month old... but I'd send them a certified letter with your question and contact info. Will show you mean business, and gives you proof of exactly when they received your request for a call back.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

This should be required reading for everyone touting "spend more to buy XXX brand because of the customer service." I had a similiar experience with Novak and lack of customer support/service. Things aren't always as rosy as people would like to think they are.

I run RSPro's in my 2wd offroad stuff and its been great and their reps are all over this board. I also run some hobbyking esc's in my VTA car and crawler and they have been just as reliable (my 35a esc actually started out in my 2wd stock buggy!)
Old 10-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

was just about to put in a Orion system in my RB6, just that's what i wanted some time ago.

But what ever happened with the resolve? anything?

i'll stick with Viper for now being programer 1/2 price that of Orions'
but still would like a motor from them or the Peak Racing motor.
ems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.