Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Having used my futaba unit with no problem with its included receiver, I tried out my second receiver.

This receiver came into the store with the first batch of M8 units, so I was a little leary about buying it, but figured if I didn't get it then (before even getting my Futaba unit) I might wait months for another separate receiver.

This receiver was slightly "different" than the first, instead of binding in 1 sec, in took about 3 secs to bind. Such a "disappointment"!

On a more serious note, this Spektrum stuff is great. I am off to Cincinnati at 5:30 tomorrow morning (starting out in Milw WI) for the weekend TCS race. I am looking forward to not having to wait for a frequency clip for what might be a crowded event.

(I did stash the original 3pk transmitter module and receiver in the bag "just in case", but I suspect it will never again see the light of day.)
Old 04-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all... it's me again : the "WOW" guy. Just got home from work and play and fired up the old computer. I thought to myself... hmm, wonder if there was any activity today regarding "theisgroup's" post.

I haven't seen this much activity in one thread in a while.

theisgroup - How have you had the time (while managing your own numerous venders and customers) to post five hundred messages today. I thought my day was busy!

Oh well.

Have to admit that "theisgroup" got under my skin last night with his heated post about Spektrum / Horizon. Guess I was not alone.

I personally wish Horizon and Spektrum all the best with this product line and will continue to be a big supporter.

I am guilty of "Gotta have the latest and greatest!" Anyone remember waiting 2 plus years for Novak to release their brushless system? I have old mags with that stupid ad that predates the release by what seems to be at least two years. I had to have one... waited like everyon else and got the first one on the block. Love it. Did some people have problems? Of course. New technology for RC cars. Not new technology in general, rather application. Planes are not cars.

I would be interested in a true indication of the extent of the problem. To bad we don't have a "spy" at Spektrum who could accidently post their reported defect count/percentages.

Good luck to all with their Spektrum systems. Everyone who thinks that their system rocks, please pass the word so that we do not loose something this exciting / revolutionary. I want this technology to spread so all the crystals can be tossed. We can throw a huge party and burn all the frequency clips!!!!

To those still considering this product, do not let the few negatives outweigh the many positives. Take the plunge! After all.... we are racing toy cars.

Late!
Jon
Old 04-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Well said Jon.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you guys just read the last couple of pages you will see that it is you that is dragging this on. I have tryed to move on with this and input just helpful comment about the units. and then someone chimes in. I have only responded to each and every post.

AND AGAIN, I AM NOT SAYING NEW TECHNOLOGY IS BAD, WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT COMPANIES THAT WANT TO BE PART OF NEW TECHNOLOGY HAVE A RESPONSABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THAT EARLY ABOPTERS OF THIS TECHNOLOGY ARE THE ONES THAT WILL MAKE OR BREAK THE PRODUCT. SO THEY ACTUALLY HAVE TO WORK HARDER TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS VERY LITTLE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. YOU CAN NOT DEAL WITH THE PUBLIC THE SAME WAY AN EXISTING PRODUCT DEALS WITH THE PUBLIC. WHAT SOME OF YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT YES THERE ARE GOOD UNIT AND YES THAT IS PROBABLY THE MAJORITY. BUT THE MINORITY ARE HAVING PROBLEM. AND HORIZON AS A COMPANY HAS NOT CHANGED THEIR POLICY FOR THIS ONE PRODUCT. AND THAT IS WHAT IS HURTING THEM. AND YES MULTI BILLION DOLLAR COMPANYS CHANGE POLICIES WHEN THEY ARE REALEASING NEW TECHNOLOGY AS OPPOSED TO REALEASING EXISTING TECHNOLOGY.

one of you brought up novak. they had some problems with their brushless. what was novak's response to early adopters that had problems? I was not one in that group, but having had a couple of novak xxrta receivers when they just came out. I had a replacement for 1 of the 3 in 1.5 weeks from them. i believe I had purchased these within the first month of release. and it was replace with a new unit.

Why do so many people use novak product? they have a reputation of taking care of their customers. Am i saying that novak won't screw up once in a while, no. What I am saying is that they try hard to keep their cusomters happy and I know for a fact that they work outside of the box at time to help keep that reputation. novak has been in the forfront of a lot of new technologies and still maintains it good reputation of service after the sale.

And I know some of you wil disagree with my position of novak, but that is also good because when people get on the net to see if they should buy something, it should not all be fluff about stroking a companies ego, you should get both sides of the fence.

you guys fail to see the point of my original post, you just see the bashing and stop there. I originally posted the experience I had and then comment how poor horizon has handled the problem. you guys believe that as early adopters of new technology we are the one that should foot the bill on r&d and qc. I believe that the company has the right to foot that bill, because we are early adobter of their technology.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

The problem most of us have with what you're saying (or me) and if I missed this I'm sorry, but did you send it back to get fixed?

Once you use any electronic device you cannot get your money back (new and unopened is normal) if you sent it back and they said they can't fix it you have a complaint. But if you're just having buyer remorse and haven't given them the chance to fix it....well. Stop complaining and send it in.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

He sent it in Derek..they could fix the module but not the Rx...and they don't have any Rx in stock to replace it so had to place him on the backorder list...
Old 04-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

exactly with what windsorguy99 said. I did send it in they were not able to fix the rx. they did say it was not the bind button problem. but did not exactly know what the problem was. and then told me they would replace it but could not tell me how long i had to wait. I would think at that point, what would have been nice would be to either give me a credit to purchase a new one or just me a new one. considering it is a new unit.

I am not against this technology I want it to work. I would like to just purchase another rx. just kind of gun shy right now, since i had a problem with both the rx and tx module. it would surely suck if i purchase another and have the same problem. any of you guys have an extra rx I can purchase off of you? that ways I know it will work for me
Old 04-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

btw - I have the "problematic when it first came out" Novak Switch and synthesized receivers as my backups. . . strangely enough, they worked fine for me too. . .
Old 04-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

I had a switch, too bad they never went to the helios module. I like mine a lot. like I said one bad rx of the 3 first runs. and they replaced it. but then the rx came out way before the module. so I first tried the recievers with existing 75 module on the m8 and when the module came out, went straight to it and had no problems. a bud had a problem with the module glitching and had it replaced. he was worst them me he could not wait the week for the replacement so he purchase a second module and sold the first when it came back.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

I was just thinking. You are saying you could buy another spektrum rx but you're worried it won't work like your first one. Maybe if you can find a rx at another shop you can see if Horizon will pay for it, that way you can get a quicker replacement. Or maybe they can reimburse you if you pay for it. That way even if it doesn't work you won't be even more "invested" in this new technology.

Hope this helps
Old 04-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

i will call them monday and ask again. but I did ask if that would have been a possibility.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Oh okay, cool just thought i'd mention it in case you hadn't
Old 04-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default JR R-1 Spektrum

Well, I've had my JR R-1 outfitted with the DSM Spektrum. I'm running it on 1/8th scale buggy, 6.0v batt, JR digital steering, JR Z590 throttle/brake. So far, no problems, the steering servos seems to really light up, but that may be my imagination.

I was so happy, I ordered an extra Spektrum receiver. Got it a few days ago, tried to bind it to the transmitter...binding unsuccessful. The receiver acts like the bind button isn't doing anything. So far I'm batting .500 with the spektrum technology and I guess I'm not extremely happy about the delay (I have to ship the bad receiver back to horizonhobby) but hey, I still am happy to be part of the "new age of RC"
Old 04-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

I did see a few pages back that they are making a module for the KO vantage. Is there any development on how long this will take to get released?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

just attended an off road race this weekend, over 30 entries using spektrum, all m8's, all different classes, no hitches, notta. myself included. no one i spoke to had any problems from day one when they bought their systems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.