Wiki Posts
Search

Receiver battery problems Baja 5b

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Receiver battery problems Baja 5b

As stated, I have a Baja 5b with the 3 year old HPI oem 3000 mAh Nimh 6v hump receiver battery. At aprox 6.4 volts the receiver started getting glitchy. After changing out the receiver the problem presists. So I tried discharging the battery at 0.5 amps with peak sensitivity at 8mV/C and it stopped at 6.45 volts with an 350 ohms resistance and lower dicharge limit of 1.0v per cell . I lowered the peak sensitivity to 6 and it stopped at 6.32 with 521 ohms resistance. I assumed at this point time to purchase a new battery. Well guess what topped off new battery & read were you should slow cycle (0.5 amps) but I get this message "End Cutoff-Volt" at 6.3 volts147 ohms resistance and low volts set at 0.9v. My charger is the EOS0720I Hyperion.
I have to be missing some thing two batteries and basically the same issue neither will discharge past 6.3v. H E L P
Old 06-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

After a nimh battery is discharged the voltage will recover/rise back up significantly. If you watch the voltage while discharging you should see it drop lower, but after it finishes it will bounce back up. Generally the resting voltage is not very revealing of anything, it takes a measurement under load to understand the battery condition/charge state. Unless the voltage simply doesn’t recover (junk battery) the voltage reading isn’t of much practical use.

The resistance is a measurement under load, the significantly lower resistance of the new battery is encouraging. Also look for the capacity that the battery provides, the mAh value, this is normally the most important value for a receiver battery, pretty much directly correlates with run time.

The peak sensitivity is for stopping the charge, no impact on the discharge.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Very help full, Thanks