Wiki Posts
Search

tekin rs fried first day at track

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tekin rs fried first day at track

Today i took my 22t with my brand new tekin rs to the track ran great for a while until i tried to clear a triple i had issues with all day and landed flat on the last jump the truck jerked when i got on the throttle and stopped at first glance nothing appeared to be wrong but when i got home and inspected a little further a lead on the capacitor broke and when i took the esc case apart it smells burnt and has some tiny beads of melted solder its toast i know . My question is whats the average turn around time and will they charge to repair.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

This tip will not help you now but when you get it back it will (about two weeks after you get the RMA).

I secure the capacitor to the case with a piece of servo tape or a dab of shoe-goo to keep the cap from shaking loose and breaking a wire leading to a short circuit. It also makes soldering easier.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I just got my RS Pro back from Tekin and it was a great experience. Took about a 2-3 weeks but turn around was only a few days.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience
Old 05-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mkiiina
I just got my RS Pro back from Tekin and it was a great experience. Took about a 2-3 weeks but turn around was only a few days.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience
thanks I know my issue wasn't tekins fault I was just pretty much wondering about the return time and them charging the site says something like $70 for repair and from $20 to ship so I for another $60 can buy a new one because I don't think warranty will cover
Old 05-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf
thanks I know my issue wasn't tekins fault I was just pretty much wondering about the return time and them charging the site says something like $70 for repair and from $20 to ship so I for another $60 can buy a new one because I don't think warranty will cover
You will still need to contact them for an RMA # and while doing that ask Tekin what the cost will be. Why guess or ask people who do not work there?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had mine back in under a week. Tekin has the best service in the industry along with sticky kicks.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default good service it seems

I emailed tekin support and they are awesome I'm sending it in on Monday alls good .