Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is Maxamps so expensive

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 05:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

lol here come the Maxamps fans out of the woodwork, every month there is a thread about Maxamps and I swear they must just lurk in the shadows. Saying "Not many first place guys run Gens Ace or Turnigy" <-- What a load of s#it. A Good Driver with a Gen Ace Lipo will beat an Average driver with a Maxamps pack with their 20 gazillion C rating or whatever the hell it is now.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Because they are so good

Shouldn't be compared with Thunder Power.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

150c I think it is now can someone say overkill? LOL
Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Because brand programmed sheep buy them.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Because brand programmed sheep buy them.
Just like people buy buy a brushed car from a reply big brand when you can get a really cheap good car from exceed/redcat for much cheaper people are like zombies to big companies
Old 05-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For me Maxamps always seemed like Redcat anyways
Old 05-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Never owned either but I hear some of the exceed stuff is reply good
Old 05-28-2012, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe with the demise of two RC publications; RC-Car & XRC, they will lower their prices since they're no longer running full page ads in them only in RC Caraction and RC Driver. Of course there is the possibility that they won't lower their prices.

Personally I have had very good results from the cheap packs and have some expensive paperweights from the name brand companies.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow, there r some jaded people in here....lol... I say buy what u can afford, and if it happens to be a $200.00 pack or a $69.00 pack either way u have to be able to drive...... With today's technology any one can win as long as there running lipo and brushless, as long as ther the best driver..... Myself I do run MaxxAmps, but I can afford them and I need any help or advantage I can get because I'm not the best driver.....lol... But I do agree with both sides...
Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I can see the attraction. For the type like myself, who can and do win races with cheaper packs, the extra cost is just money down the drain, and at times, laughable. But if a Maxamps pack gives you peace of mind and makes you feel like you are doing better then it is worth every penny, regardless of any actual difference. Being comfortable with your equipment is a major part of being a better driver in my opinion. Thank goodness I am comfortable with the cheap stuff, but I cant hold it against anyone who is not.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

If people have the money to blow on something because it's perceived value, let them. Hell some people buy Evian water for their dogs too, same thing in my book.

Bottom line is Maxamps is now a paid advertiser on rctech so naturally any anti Maxamps sentiment will be promptly removed to maintain cashflow and the status quo, that's been their business model for years, and I don't see it changing.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

This thread will be closed sooner or later its just sad that now the world just runs on $$$ and no emotion
Old 05-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by burnineyes
I can see the attraction. For the type like myself, who can and do win races with cheaper packs, the extra cost is just money down the drain, and at times, laughable. But if a Maxamps pack gives you peace of mind and makes you feel like you are doing better then it is worth every penny, regardless of any actual difference. Being comfortable with your equipment is a major part of being a better driver in my opinion. Thank goodness I am comfortable with the cheap stuff, but I cant hold it against anyone who is not.
This is soooooooooo true
Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

A reminder,

The traditional RC companies like Thunder Power, Max Amps, Reedy, Venom, etc.... their prices may seem high, and yes they are. There is a reason.

While it may seem like these companies are getting rich, hand over fist, for the bulk of their sales, they arent making much more than places like Hobby Partz, Hobby King, etc...

They have their pricing structure built such that they have three tiered pricing level.

1) Distributor
2) Dealer
3) Consumer (MAP/Retail)

The bulk of these companies sales will go to a distributor, so the price they sell is greatly reduced. The small percentage of sales via direct to consumer sales (Retail) while the greatest profit, is also the smallest percentage.

So when you think those companies are laughing all the way to the bank, they're not.

Places like HK, HP, etc... are selling direct to the consumer. They do not sell to distributors, and any dealer discount is minimal.

Bitch all you want about the high prices from the traditional companies. Those are the facts. With those traditional companies you'll get a more consistent product and customer service.

Paul Susbauer
Product Manager
Venom Group International
Old 06-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

a guy where i race just got some max amps.
he said they where like $150 each new.
after running them he said they where no better than the cheap $30 turnigy from hobby king.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.