Wiki Posts
Search

Soldering iron replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Talking Soldering iron replacement

So I had an older soldering iron where the handle was fun shaped(but it was an iron not a real soldering gun). I was soldering some deans the other night and my soldering iron handle literally melted as I was working. It was pretty awesome and frustrating at the same time. The screws that held the iron in were just falling out of the plastic they were screwed into b/c it was super soft.

All of the above can be laughed at b/c the handle and iron were in a triangle shape when I was done and everything had cooled down. (didn't stop to take pics, sorry)

Needless to say I had to get a new soldering iron. I think I found the perfect replacement. The Weller WPS18MP is an awesome soldering iron. It only cost about 28.00 at The Home Depot. Heats up to over 900* in about 35 seconds. Has an on off switch and an LED. Plus it breaks down great to fit in your tool box(the power cord unplugs from the back of the iron). It's also ergonomic ally friendly.

If your looking to replace your iron with a new one, I would go with this iron for sure!