R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 05-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Default Flysky Gt2 2.4 any good?

Saw this radio found that it's 22 bucks is it any good? Price makes me suspicious

It's on nitro rcx under transmitters
Team Associated RC10GT Nitro RTR
cs3087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This is an exceptional radio, probably one of the most secure connections available to your model and range beyond what most drivers will ever use. Some racers complain that the response time is too slow, but in reality only the best pro drivers should have a problem with this.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got rid of my GT3; good riddance. Poor electrical design (crap battery life) and software that was beyond ridiculous.

Get a real radio unless that's all you can afford.
porterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs3087 View Post
Saw this radio found that it's 22 bucks is it any good? Price makes me suspicious

You get what you pay for, a POS radio is only worth $22.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Would the gt3b be any better I've seen many good reviews for that one I don't feel like spending 150 bucks on a spektrum
Old 05-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have the hobbyking gt-2 model (seems identical, just rebranded), and it at least has better range than a 2.4 traxxas radio I replaced it with. Had no problems keeping up with over 70mph and response/precision is way more than adequate for 'bashing'. I can say, though, that the plastic feels very cheap and brittle, and the wheel return spring is a little too stiff for my liking. Performance-wise, I don't really see why it couldn't replace a am or fm radio in a rtr vehicle, beside the fact that it lacks various adjustments such as end points. I also have never been able to warrant the price difference in radios to simply have the fastest response time in the top of the line systems. I mean, the speed increase is measured in milliseconds. The response one should be working on is getting their brains to transfer the signal to their fingers faster. Seems a lot of people today actually believe they need to have the best of everything to be competitive, and tend to shoot down any product in the market that even remotely focuses on value.

I wasn't even looking for a radio at the time (as I already had two spektrums and 2 older jrs) but I saw the price of it, asked myself if it could really be any good, gave it a shot, and was actually surprised. I kind of expected it to end up in the dumpster and only bought it because I thought, heck, it's only twenty something bucks shipped.

Umm, what does overkill mean again?
meno1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs3087 View Post

Fine if your running by urself. Many Racing areas have banned this radio from racing since its 2.4 signal interferes with other 2.4 radios. Our region does not allow them any longer.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
Tech Addict

If I get the gt3b ill run all 3 electrics on it and I bash no one else in my neighborhood has an rc in fact theres only 3! Yes 3 hobby grades in the whole town as far as I know
Sponsored Links