Futaba 4PK Super R

Old 07-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I'm looking for a case that will fit my 4pks-r with drop down and angle adaptor "wedge". Any suggestions?

Update....
The futaba gold hard case "4pk" will accept the 4PKS-R with the drop down and wedge. My case has a removable center foam piece for the steering wheel

Last edited by lil-bump; 10-28-2015 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lil-bump
I'm looking for a case that will fit my 4pks-r with drop down and angle adaptor "wedge". Any suggestions?

When I had mine I was using the Futaba hard case for 4PKS-R . It did fit with the drop down installed, not too sure with the angle adaptor though because i didn't have it.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dameetz
When I had mine I was using the Futaba hard case for 4PKS-R . It did fit with the drop down installed, not too sure with the angle adaptor though because i didn't have it.
Thanks for the reply. The Futaba case seems hard to come by and is $$$. I'm looking at the Speedmind case it's deep enough for angle adaptor just would like a hard case.

Pass you soon...
Old 08-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys trying to set up my fail safe on my 4pksr with my 1/8 e buggy. I want my ESC to set to neutral and the steering to set to the right. I think Im good with the steering part of the set up, just need to verify how I set up the throttle ESC to neutral in case of fail safe kicking in. Would I set the Throttle channel to F/S and keep the throttle trigger at neutral and hold the + and - buttons until it sets? Thank you
Old 10-27-2015, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 4PKS-R and FrSky TFR4 Question

Question for the Futaba Guru's.

I recently picked up a 4PKS-R, it came with the standard R614FS rx which I installed in my 4wd, but I needed 2 more for receivers for my 2wd and ST.

So I bought 2x TFR4's the specs are below I have them configured in C1 Mode and High Speed as I have Digital Savox servos

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ompatible.html

So my issue is as per below:

I installed both TFR4's into the 2wd and ST

Setup Model 2 (M2) on my Tx for the 2wd and did the binding process (Turn on Rx hold button on Rx while turning on Tx Light then goes Green)

This worked fine then repeated the process for the ST which is set for Model 3 (M3) on the Tx

My issue is if I leave the 2wd and and ST both on (ESC on powering the Rx on) and change between Model 2 or 3, both Rx's connect to the the Tx irrelevant of which model is selected thus controlling 2 cars at once.

Now this would only be an issue if after a 2wd race i forget to turn the 2wd off and turn the ST on as both cars with connect and anything I do on the Tx will control both.

So question, is this a C1 Mode futaba issue of the TFR4 ?? is there a way to stop either Rx connecting to either Model memory?

Also I have rebound them used different memory's in the Tx turned the TX off and on etc.

This issues does not occur going between M1 (C2 Mode) and M2 and M3 it only occurs on the TFR4's which are C1 Mode.

In sanwa controller's they have something called a separate protection channel which stop exactly what I have occurring but cannot find anything in the Futaba manual that can do the same.

Really appreciate and feedback
Old 01-31-2016, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default 4PKS-r Antenna part number

Does anyone know the part number for the transmitter antenna for our radio? I know it is different than the 4PK or the 4PKS. The antenna for the 4PKS-R is shorter. I have done a Google search, and have searched the Futaba site to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1mrdad
Does anyone know the part number for the transmitter antenna for our radio? I know it is different than the 4PK or the 4PKS. The antenna for the 4PKS-R is shorter. I have done a Google search, and have searched the Futaba site to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
You can use the 4Pks antenna( I believe the 4PK,4PKS and 4PKS-R all use the same antenna) . Futaba will not sale you this part. But you can purchase it from Tower hobbies.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVUC8&P=ML
Old 02-03-2016, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittster
Question for the Futaba Guru's.
Pittster, the same thing would happen if you did that with 2 x C2 recievers, it's just how futaba is, its a bit strange but it does have some advantages, like being able to have 2 model slots set up for the same car to try out different radio settings or being able to share radio trays between nitro cars without rebinding.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sully
Pittster, the same thing would happen if you did that with 2 x C2 recievers, it's just how futaba is, its a bit strange but it does have some advantages, like being able to have 2 model slots set up for the same car to try out different radio settings or being able to share radio trays between nitro cars without rebinding.
Ok good to know that it happens on C2 mode also, I can see the Pro's for it dual servo ESC's etc but it's just different from the other brands, having had the Radio for a while now its a non issue really
Old 02-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittster
Ok good to know that it happens on C2 mode also, I can see the Pro's for it dual servo ESC's etc but it's just different from the other brands, having had the Radio for a while now its a non issue really
Yeah, personally it's never caused me any issues, i just make sure to be a bit more careful choosing the model.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:42 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Advice for another Futaba purchase

I have the 4 PKs-r. In buying my 8 year old a buggy and want to be able to drive it too. Looking to buy him a cheaper or used futaba tx. Which transmitters will use the same futaba or frysky receivers? Thx!

Originally Posted by Sully
Yeah, personally it's never caused me any issues, i just make sure to be a bit more careful choosing the model.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know it's an old thread but I need some help. I have a 4pksr and when I turn down ATL below 70 the radio won't initialize. When I turn it down to about 40-50 it starts running forward slowly. It's obviously moving the neutral point but I don't know why. Any help is appreciated
Old 05-15-2016, 12:46 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I am needing a hard case but can't find one. Protek has empty cases but the 4pk insert is impossible to find.

RC mushroom has the Futaba 4PKR case but I'm a bit worried about ordering from them. I have heard too many horror stories.

If anyone knows where I can get a hard case please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.