Wiki Posts
Search

Fly Sky FS-GT3b

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default Fly Sky FS-GT3b

So I got my radio yesterday and hooked it into my car. And, it was reversing throttle and steering. I triple checked my connections and still reversed. So I hooked up my old reciever and it was normal. So, I put the FS back in and reversed the steering on the controller and then set my endpoints and centered the servo. I powered off the radio and powered it back on. The endpoint setting stayed, but the steering trim setting went back to default. I cannot get the steering trim setting to stick.

So, I have had 2 issues so far. I know there is a modded firmware to fix some bugs. Are both of these known bugs? What other bugs can I expect? It was a $39 dollar radio and for gods sake there were spelling errors on the transmitter, "Propotional". But, I would like to know of any "fixes" aside from modding the transmitter or any other bugs I can expect.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Welcome to the Fly Sky world. The only radio that you have to open up and fix, as soon as you buy it. Seriously why do people keep recommending and buying these things?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

lol, I was fully prepared for issues with a $39 dollar radio. But a lot of ppl do recommend it as a budget radio. But I can also see how this would be a hard radio for the novice. I did dome reading and for trim settings to stick I need to hit the Enter button I guess, I will try that when i get home. I don't use expo or the other features ppl have issues with. Multi Model, EPA and trims are all I ever use, might try the ABS for giggles. I had a M8 and never used 98% of the features.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Yea I wasn't really trying to bash them. Just a short rant. No matter what the price, i expect it to at least work somewhat ya know. They seem to work great for alot of people. I had a terrible experience with the one I got. In calibration mode, neutral bounces from like 700-760. I could never get throttle to stop twitching around neutral...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I did dome reading and for trim settings to stick I need to hit the Enter button I guess, I will try that when i get home.
That should do it. I having the same frustratios with my son's GT3B...until I figured out the [Enter] button. After figuring that out it has been a great controller so far. He drives both his SC truck and buggy with it.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

But, I would like to know of any "fixes" aside from modding the transmitter or any other bugs I can expect.
If you're committed to the radio the voltage regulator mod will pay for itself in short order; mine originally got 3-5 hours of runtime on 8AAs.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What other bugs can I expect?
with the stock fw, the expos are broken. also, the trim range is limited. you figured out the need to press enter to save the trims. that one stumped me for a while to until I read the manual.

the best thing you can do is buy a programmer and update the fw. psx's alternate fw is fantastic and eliminates the stock fw's quirks and bugs. the regulator mod is nice, but not a necessity imo. after a while, you may find the steering wheel gets a little wobbly and the bearing mod will improve that.