Like Tree2Likes

Hobbywing Xerun V3

Old 01-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Updated the firmware and fixed.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone got any suggestions on this one? A friends got a v3.1, it was working fine but then stopped, it started going in the final after someone pushed it from the line but then stopped mid race.

It turns on automatically when plugged in and has a red light. I've had a look, it is still factory soldered, so unlikely an issue with bad soldering etc. I connected it up to the PC and successfully flashed etc so it is somewhat working. It's been tested with two motors but doesnt go.

He said he very briefly connected up reverse once but only very briefly and worked fine for 5-6 meetings after that. It doesnt smell burnt out and looks perfectly fine inside the case.

Any possible suggestions on a fix?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DynaMight
Anyone got any suggestions on this one? A friends got a v3.1, it was working fine but then stopped, it started going in the final after someone pushed it from the line but then stopped mid race.

It turns on automatically when plugged in and has a red light. I've had a look, it is still factory soldered, so unlikely an issue with bad soldering etc. I connected it up to the PC and successfully flashed etc so it is somewhat working. It's been tested with two motors but doesnt go.

He said he very briefly connected up reverse once but only very briefly and worked fine for 5-6 meetings after that. It doesnt smell burnt out and looks perfectly fine inside the case.

Any possible suggestions on a fix?
Low side mosfet damage if reversed if not check your sensor cable or wrong phase connection.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Low side mosfet damage if reversed if not check your sensor cable or wrong phase connection.
Thanks for that, I've taken the case off and it looks fine visibly, cant see and smell anything which may point towards anything being majorly damaged. If by lowside you mean underneath as in between the two PCB's then I couldnt check for sure as I'm not able to split them apart.

I hooked it up for a motor on the bench last night and does seem to run better than he suggested, the motor does run with both a sensor and without however it did stall sometimes, so if you just feather the throttle the motor will not turn, you can hear it trying to go and the 'whine' gets a little louder the high the throttle but if you spin the motor then it'll run fine.

Thats the problem he said originally as the car wouldnt go from the start line until someone pushed it.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:55 AM
Tech Adept

Is it bad if my Hobbywing v3.1 turn on automatically when its plugged into a battery? Seems odd? Its been a year or two since i last used it. Also it seems to not like my 30mm Yeah racing Motor cooling fan in my 17.5 touring car. It will run for a minute or two with the motor cooling fan plugged in then sorta shuts dow and flashes red. Unplug fan and it runs fine. except it still powers up automatically when plugged into the battery??? Please advise. My son may have reverse poled it!
Old 12-03-2017, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kyosho Joe
Is it bad if my Hobbywing v3.1 turn on automatically when its plugged into a battery? Seems odd? Its been a year or two since i last used it. Also it seems to not like my 30mm Yeah racing Motor cooling fan in my 17.5 touring car. It will run for a minute or two with the motor cooling fan plugged in then sorta shuts dow and flashes red. Unplug fan and it runs fine. except it still powers up automatically when plugged into the battery??? Please advise. My son may have reverse poled it!
Damaged Mosfet Basically Shorted but it will run like that by plugging in the battery and powering up without the Button.
If you dont mind powering it up like that it will work just fine.
Kyosho Joe likes this.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Damaged Mosfet Basically Shorted but it will run like that by plugging in the battery and powering up without the Button.
If you dont mind powering it up like that it will work just fine.
Thank you. That is what I was wondering.....
Old 12-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Looking for some help:

I'm running a V3.1 in my 2wd buggy. (13.5)

Suddenly i noticed it lacking speed. And it seems the esc turns itself to blinky. Green led flashes.

When i connect the programbox it shows the 25 degrees of timing i set.
When i test it, it does run mod. At the table a threw the car around to see if that triggerd it to go to blinky, it didn't.

Volt protect and all heat protect are disabled.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:00 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paultje040
Looking for some help:

Suddenly i noticed it lacking speed. And it seems the esc turns itself to blinky. Green led flashes.

When i test it, it does run mod. At the table a threw the car around to see if that triggerd it to go to blinky, it didn't.

I would set it back to default and start over. Maybe make a physical note for your setting for the future. Mine v3.1 seems to change settings every now and then. resetting the system seems to clear up all issues.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by a1
I would set it back to default and start over. Maybe make a physical note for your setting for the future. Mine v3.1 seems to change settings every now and then. resetting the system seems to clear up all issues.
Oke, will do!
Old 12-30-2017, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paultje040
Looking for some help:

The green blinking light is a low voltage warning, but a fault in the motor is tripping it. Try running a different motor to check.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Re Reading the manual for the HW 120a 3.1 I discovered that the external programing port has direct voltage from the battery with out regulating. Since its switched, would this not be a good place to power a High voltage steering servo?
Old 01-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default setup for V3.1

hi,
could somebody give a good starting point how to setup my newly bought Xerun V3.1?
I drive b64
track is tight hight traction carpet track.
I drive mod class with 5.5t motor.

Any advise is welcome
Old 01-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardijs
hi,
could somebody give a good starting point how to setup my newly bought Xerun V3.1?
I drive b64
track is tight hight traction carpet track.
I drive mod class with 5.5t motor.

Any advise is welcome
Here is my V3.1 setup
Fwd/Brk
LVC – auto voltage cutoff
ESC Overheat – disabled
motor heat – disabled
PR Sw point – 50%
1st punch rate – 15
2nd punch rate – 15
Th Curve – Linear
Neutral Range – 6%