Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Hobbywing Xerun V3

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Dear Cobra.

I'v got the new Sanwa M12 for my Tamiya 417X with Hobbywing Xerun V3 and I have one doubt.
Throttle channel can be configured in normal, ssr and shr response mode.
Which one must I use for the speedo channel?

King regards!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Yes it does, it is profile 2 - No timing - for no timing Blinky classes

Suggest you to tell the racer at your club to look in his instructions
Thanks, I will forward the info to him. He had set the timing to zero but he said it didn't blink? So I will work with him and make sure he is in profile 2.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Used my V3 this past Saturday at the 8th scale racers of Toledo track. This thing is amazing had a reedy 4.5 on it and the esc never saw over 123. Amazing speed control I had to run it box stock because I didn't receive my program card yet. Love it and I havent even fine tuned it yet.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How's the BEC holding up against high-voltage servos (Savox!)? Anyone needing to add a glitch buster or additional external BEC? Thanks,
Old 07-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gelshocker
How's the BEC holding up against high-voltage servos (Savox!)? Anyone needing to add a glitch buster or additional external BEC? Thanks,
I'm running a 1250MG in my car with Dualsky 4.5 plus decent boost levels, no issues at all. Then again, also running a proper (ne Sanwa) radio system...
Old 07-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any good setups for V3 on a 2wd buggy?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The v3 is approved just waiting for listing

regards Angelo
Is there any chance of giving roar a hurry up on updating the list, or receiving some email around this approval. We have state and national titles coming up an would like to get a new ESC before hand. I will be buying an Orion R10 if this isnt updated in the next week or two.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kinga
Is there any chance of giving roar a hurry up on updating the list, or receiving some email around this approval. We have state and national titles coming up an would like to get a new ESC before hand. I will be buying an Orion R10 if this isnt updated in the next week or two.
I sent an email to them so I had something in writing just in case....Them being ROAR that is.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just sent an email for confirmation. Has anyone compared this ESC to the Orion R10 Pro. I am sure they are manufactured by hobbywing as they look identical and the program card is (somewhat) compatible apparantly. I just wonder why the Orion R10 pro is 160amp, and the hobbywing V3 is 120 amp, and whether there is any difference
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Is there anybody at hobbywing that can help me out? I received my V3 last week. After setting it and calibrating it with my radio on my pit table, I squeezed the trigger and heard a pop, and smelled the dreaded electrical burn smell. I emailed Hobbywing last week. They responded to me asking for the warranty code and pictures. I emailed them last Friday and have not heard back from them. Unfortunately, our point series starts this weekend. I'm without an ESC and I've already pre registered for the series. I'm more ticked off that they have yet to respond to me after promptly responding to their email request. Horrible customer service. Looks like I'm going back to Tekin. At least they take care of their customers quickly. Oh well. Should have listened to the local racers and stuck with a reputable company like Tekin or Orion. Can anyone else suggest a company with great customer service?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The v3 is approved just waiting for listing

regards Angelo
Angelo is correct but ROAR is ensuring that they have the most current version of the software.

Expect to see the list update before end of this week. Along with a few other Mfg's esc's.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:50 AM
TRG
Tech Initiate

I just checked the ROAR listing and I found this.

HOBBYWING - XERUN V3 - XERUN 120A SD V3 BRUSHLESS ESC V1.1_120511_BETA ESC MUST USE PROFILE #2 WHICH WILL HAVE A GREEN BLINKING LED THE POWER BUTTON

There is no part number.
Does this mean we can start using it???????????

Check here http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737http://
Old 08-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Meilleur
Is there anybody at hobbywing that can help me out? I received my V3 last week. After setting it and calibrating it with my radio on my pit table, I squeezed the trigger and heard a pop, and smelled the dreaded electrical burn smell. I emailed Hobbywing last week. They responded to me asking for the warranty code and pictures. I emailed them last Friday and have not heard back from them. Unfortunately, our point series starts this weekend. I'm without an ESC and I've already pre registered for the series. I'm more ticked off that they have yet to respond to me after promptly responding to their email request. Horrible customer service. Looks like I'm going back to Tekin. At least they take care of their customers quickly. Oh well. Should have listened to the local racers and stuck with a reputable company like Tekin or Orion. Can anyone else suggest a company with great customer service?
drop Angelo an email (CobraRacing on here), or given your in the states, CRC or Falken Sadieko (they are the US distributors). All of them usually will give good service, so whilst I appreciate your pain, but to rule it out and call them unreputable because of an answered email is a bit harsh! The V3 is a very good ESC, and I'm sure you'll like it once the issue is resolved.

Regards
Ed
Old 08-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kinga
Just sent an email for confirmation. Has anyone compared this ESC to the Orion R10 Pro. I am sure they are manufactured by hobbywing as they look identical and the program card is (somewhat) compatible apparantly. I just wonder why the Orion R10 pro is 160amp, and the hobbywing V3 is 120 amp, and whether there is any difference
Me and yep, the V3 , smoother, faster, better brakes.

Bb
Old 08-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Meilleur
Send me the speedo and reciept. I'll get it covered and I'll send you an rs pro in return.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.