R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 07-31-2014, 05:57 AM   #541
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
Was just about to ask the same thing! Will give the new software a try on the dyno tonight and see how it looks. Maybe HW have found a better way of doing things :-)

Or maybe they've just been removed as most people set them way too low which just generates lots of heat and no extra power.
I am very interested in your dyno tests
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:44 AM   #542
Tech Master

Has the new software been sent to ROAR for approval?
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #543
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Hi. Can the Xerun 3.1 be provrammed with the old professional program box? ,
TJames987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #544
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
Was just about to ask the same thing! Will give the new software a try on the dyno tonight and see how it looks. Maybe HW have found a better way of doing things :-)

Or maybe they've just been removed as most people set them way too low which just generates lots of heat and no extra power.
It does remove more heat from the motor by removing the options as the software was to confusing for many but i found the options very very useful especially for braking purposes and a much more controlled and softer feel for the ones who have masterd the previous version the 129 i would continue using it as i believe if you run Hobbywing v10 motors you dont have to worry about heat as those motors dont get hot.We made the decision to create this easier version to cater for all drivers not only a selected few factory guys.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #545
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJames987 View Post
Hi. Can the Xerun 3.1 be provrammed with the old professional program box? ,
yes you can just update the programmer through your usb link but you will no longer be able to run the 2.1 v esc unless you go back to the older version software which you can do.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #546
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
Has the new software been sent to ROAR for approval?
Im doing that now.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #547
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
It does remove more heat from the motor by removing the options as the software was to confusing for many but i found the options very very useful especially for braking purposes and a much more controlled and softer feel for the ones who have masterd the previous version the 129 i would continue using it as i believe if you run Hobbywing v10 motors you dont have to worry about heat as those motors dont get hot.We made the decision to create this easier version to cater for all drivers not only a selected few factory guys.
Nice Angelo!

I'll try the new software at the track next week and if the feeling is too different from the previous version, I'll switch back to the 129 so.
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #548
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've updated my USB link software to 3.43 and my 2-in-1 box in V1.11_120331_V3. There is nothing written on the LCD screen anymore...

And it refuses to connect to my HW v3.0 to do anything... What can I do?
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #549
Tech Apprentice

Default V3.1 blinky

I have posted the below in another section but am looking at what settings can be changed in the blinky setup of the V3.1 stock spec speedo to give a better performance.

Hi

After a little advice I have a 17.5 and run it in my T4-14 I mainly run at Stafford and will be at the next Bedworth meeting. I run it at 2.9 and the motor come off quite hot temp could not say as do not have a temp gun.

The advice that I am looking for is a good gearing and what adjustment I need to do on the end bell trimming

I run it with a V3.1 stock speck speedo in blindly and again not altered any settings in the speedo. Is there also a site to get or see other racers set ups

Thanks
Andrew
andrewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:43 AM   #550
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

You really need to know where you are temp wise "Quite hot" isn't a lot of use to you. You should be able to get a motor internal temp reading saved in the speedo after the run.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:08 AM   #551
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ran the new software on Saturday night, and did a back to back vs 129. Have to say, I preferred the feel with the new, seemed smoother, and more consistent on the brakes. Was a little concerned about losing the boost rpm settings, but if anything boost was being applied smoother than I had setup in 129... Ended up keeping the new software on, as it also showed a slight lap time improvement. This was all in modified mind, so whether there is as noticeable difference in lower powered classes, I can't say.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:36 AM   #552
Tech Apprentice

So is the boost being applied throughout the entire rpm range now? Ran the new software on a new track last night, tqed and won.
bluef250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #553
Tech Rookie

hi i bought a new hobby wing v3.1 1 month ago and i ran very good with standard firmware.
I have seen the new v3.2 140627 beta and i put on my esc, the process its ok but when i connect the car to the battery switch on the button of the esc and hold for do the calibrate with radio the fan of the esc its blow up. i change the fan that one goes well but when i drive the car the fan is disconnected automatically , in neutral position the fan its ok but when i full throttle the fan is off ,turn off the esc and the switch on and the fan goes on until i press full throttle ....
i think something is broken when i install the new firmware i try to put the old i have int the esc but the problem continues...
i do the firmware update like the manual of the multiprogram card say...
computer usb - multiprogram card - esc connected to lipo

thank you very much

Last edited by Javier Bas; 08-04-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Javier Bas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #554
Tech Master

Angelo, is HW planning on making a JustStock type Esc with a booster for 12scale for blinky only?

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #555
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

hooked up the 3.1 to the new programm box and it will never get past either the connecting to PC or connecting to ESC Very frustrated so far. What am i doing wrong?

i cannot get the computer software to work either

It seems to work only when i plug the wire into the fan port (for the box) but wont work from the actual esc wire.
TJames987 is offline   Reply With Quote