Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Venom Red 540 Sensored Motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Default The New Venom Red 540 Sensored Motors

so i searched for a thread about these and couldn't find one and i have a few questions about them for the guys that actually own them How quick are these motors? how do they feel, smoothness, torque etc.? How do they react to timing? like how do they handle it, do they react badly to it or do they like it or is it in-between? (most important question)---> how do they react to boost and timing from the esc as well? What are they temp ranges on these, do they run cool or on the warm to hot side? thanks for any helpp on these motors
Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

is there anyone who has raced one of these motors?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

[biased opinion]

Hi RCduder,
Paul from Venom here. We have only been selling these motors for a short time both here in the US and in Australia. We sold out of the first batch very quickly. From the little feedback I've had from customers they do like them. Good power, and run cool, etc.

We are carrying replacement rotors and sensor boards so rebuilding the motor is not a problem.

--Paul Susbauer
Venom Group International

[/biased opinion}
Old 04-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paul Susbauer
[biased opinion]

Hi RCduder,
Paul from Venom here. We have only been selling these motors for a short time both here in the US and in Australia. We sold out of the first batch very quickly. From the little feedback I've had from customers they do like them. Good power, and run cool, etc.

We are carrying replacement rotors and sensor boards so rebuilding the motor is not a problem.

--Paul Susbauer
Venom Group International

[/biased opinion}
cool thanks for the info i had one of the first version v540 sensored motors and it wasnt bad at all it ran cool and worked good, im just not sure about these yet as there isnt much info about them

anybody running these in there 2wd buggies?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

You might talk to Jesse Munn, who is on the north end of Seattle. He has been running these motors for us and is great for giving some non-biased feedback. He is a Venom driver FYI. I know he's been running these motors in the New Venom V2MR and I think in an Associated B4/4.1/4.2/etc.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

You might talk to Jesse Munn, who is on the north end of Seattle. He has been running these motors for us and is great for giving some non-biased feedback. He is a Venom driver FYI. I know he's been running these motors in the New Venom V2MR and I think in an Associated B4/4.1/4.2/etc.
ok thank you ive been wondering about the v2mr? like hows its coming along? and umm b4.2? do u know somethin i dont about a new release?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcduder
ok thank you ive been wondering about the v2mr? like hows its coming along? and umm b4.2? do u know somethin i dont about a new release?
V2MR is close, very, oh so close.

B4.2, I'm a airplane guy so I can't keep track of all the different versions of these cars. There is no 4.2 as far as I know.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

V2MR is close, very, oh so close.

B4.2, I'm a airplane guy so I can't keep track of all the different versions of these cars. There is no 4.2 as far as I know.
Ive been really actually waiting for it so i can try it and yah i figured there wasn't a b4.2 on the way i was just messing around but thank you for all the help