Integy power supply vs hobbyking...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Integy power supply vs hobbyking...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Integy power supply vs hobbyking...

Anyone see this before?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCBNT&P=7

vs

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Chargers_.html

looks the same to me. I think I would be a little wary of buying the Integy for fear of china made junk...whatdoyallthink?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gjgfrombigd
Anyone see this before?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCBNT&P=7

vs

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Chargers_.html

looks the same to me. I think I would be a little wary of buying the Integy for fear of china made junk...whatdoyallthink?
there both exactly the same sold through different companies and labels but in this case it doesnt even look like there is different labels i meen of course your not gonna beat the 29.99 for it from hobbyking so why not if your stuck on this one its gonna be the same no matter which place u order from
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcduder
there both exactly the same sold through different companies and labels but in this case it doesnt even look like there is different labels i meen of course your not gonna beat the 29.99 for it from hobbyking so why not if your stuck on this one its gonna be the same no matter which place u order from
Honestly this power supply isn't even enough power for what I need it to do, just ran across it and was like skreeeeet...what the?
I would hope Integy knows their product is being ripped off verbatim, unless they sold it to them in the first place...anyway just some information for the rc information super highway station
Old 04-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gjgfrombigd
Honestly this power supply isn't even enough power for what I need it to do, just ran across it and was like skreeeeet...what the?
I would hope Integy knows their product is being ripped off verbatim, unless they sold it to them in the first place...anyway just some information for the rc information super highway station
Integy put there label on it...... most chargers an power supplys are like that from overseas ....!!!! I just bought a Skyrc charger and it has the exact and I mean exact same menu as the Hitec x4 charger....
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

a lot of chargers and power supplies are the same these days unless they are the best of the best stuff then its not "as common" but still happens sometimes its just there is so many companies out there selling stuff, designs are hard to come up with so its easier to get another company to make them and ship overseas
Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Anybody read the reviews?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have 40+ amp power supplies for 45.00 shipped...... beat that!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just use Server power supplies that produce alot more power and amperage for cheap. I'm looking at switching regulated power supply 13volts 30am,ps 360watts 30 shipped in the U.S.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Stick with a name brand company when it comes to power supplies. If one fails and take out your $200 charger they will be more willing to help you out then these guys selling reworked computer power supplies. If one of those takes out your charger good luck getting any support from them.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

please explain how a power supply could "take out" a charger
Old 04-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by djnsayne
Unregulated spike or fire
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

my power supplies are fully regulated so no spiking is possible....... and after many hours of use barely reach room temp.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll agree that most are simply re-sticker branding, but where it's not a case of a different sticker, it's often a case of different spec guts. Lots of house brands are simple re-stickers, and places like Integy and Tower and others often add somewhat of a mark up on price.

It's an age old process, and it's not limited to RC products.

Even HobbyKing has notes all over it's webpage on their chargers as "Genuine XYZ" and "Copy of an XYZ" for it's most popular chargers and notes some of the differences and different source countries.

On thing of note, just because brand A looks like and has the same menu set as brand B, doesn't mean that they're 100% the same thing. The base chip set for the controller could very well be the same, but often there's a very different set of specs on the other internal components. I've confirmed this with a buddy and his copy B4 and my genuine B4 when we hooked them up to a Oscope. His sensed voltage was +/- .5volts from indicated, and output DC ripple was all over the place compared to mine which was +/-.1volt and almost no ripple.

You often get what you pay for. Sometimes less, seldom more.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djnsayne
I was using a Hobby party power supply and it popped causing a short takjg out my charger. I sent the charger in to Orion and tey said the power input lead melted And unsoldered inside the case. They sold me a new one at a highly discounted price.

Hobby partz said that there was nothing they could do to help me with my failed power supply since it was 31 days past purchase date, and they only warrenty it for 30. I used the supply maybe 7 times.

Stick with a company that is willig to help you out in these cases. That's all I have to say.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rider313
I was using a Hobby party power supply and it popped causing a short takjg out my charger. I sent the charger in to Orion and tey said the power input lead melted And unsoldered inside the case. They sold me a new one at a highly discounted price.

Hobby partz said that there was nothing they could do to help me with my failed power supply since it was 31 days past purchase date, and they only warrenty it for 30. I used the supply maybe 7 times.

Stick with a company that is willig to help you out in these cases. That's all I have to say.
It sounds more like your charger crapped out and then took out your power supply. Which is a much more likely scenario. You see, if your power supply shorts, it will cease to provide power to your charger, whereas if your charger shorts it will try to take a large amount of power from your power supply. And that, is all I have to say.