Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viper vtx10r lite speedo problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Viper vtx10r lite speedo problems

Ive just got one of these, wired it up and checked everything worked fine. Went racing today and after 2laps the throttle wouldnt work, then it would jolt on and stop. The speedo was not warm or anything. I took the speedo out of the car and put my old one back in (worked faultless for the rest of the day).

I noticed on the viper that one of the small receiver sized wires going to the switch had a very small nick in it. I cut and soldered it thinking that was the problem and kept my old speedo in for the rest of the day. Just got home and put the viper back in, tried it in the street and worked fine for around 30 seconds and then the same problem happened again. Ive tried re-setting the speedo but the same thing happens.

Is the a common problem that people have had before? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Mark
Old 04-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

check the sensor wire. it sounds just like what happened to me at the track today. it needs to be fully seated into the esc.

Matt
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If you still have steering but no motor, its usually a sensor wire or poor solder connection.

I am honestly more worried about the "nick" in the switch wire. There are quite a few small wires that go through there and it could cause a probelm is they were cut and attempted to solder back, that is a mighty small area to solder in.

Let us know if the sensor wire worked.

Nick/Viper