Wiki Posts
Search

Charging 1S Packs on Hyperion EOS0615 Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Charging 1S Packs on Hyperion EOS0615 Charger

At the Carpet Nats last month, I finally learned a great charging tip for from my friend Yang Lai.

I did this on my Hyperion EOS0615 Duo 3. To get your Hyperion balancing charger to charge 1S (one cell packs) to full voltage (like 4.20V or 4.22V) do the following.

Modigy a Hyperion Multi Adapter Balance Cable per the attached picture and:
- Cut connector off from the end that would normally plug into the Balance Board. Leave as much wire length as possible. We will be using only the connector that plugs into the charger.
- Remove the 5 extra blace wire leads from the connector leaving the 1 red and 1 black lead on right side of the plug (positions #6 and #7).
- Reverse the postions of the remaining red and black leads in the plug. Red wire will be in position #6 and Black wire will be in position #7 (looking from left to right)
- Solder other end of red wire to positive charging wire (at bullet connector) and other end of black wire to negative charging wire (at bullet connector).
- You have now completed making the charging harness.

You will now get fairly accurate voltage readings when charging you 1S packs...similar to what you can get when charging a 2S pack with a balancer.

Next thing to do is to play with the Terminal Voltage Control (TVC) settings to achieve a full charge to 4.20V or 4.22V (depending on rules).

Disclaimer: I have not tried this on anything other than my EOS0615 Duo 3 charger. Works like a charm.

Post if you have any questions.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails Charging 1S Packs on Hyperion EOS0615 Charger-charger-001.jpg   Charging 1S Packs on Hyperion EOS0615 Charger-charger-002.jpg  

Last edited by Still Bill; 04-08-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 04-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Or just buy one of these

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/g3lipo/lgum6p.htm

And one of these

http://helidirect.com/hyperion-balan...6s-p-20418.hdx

Cheers
Old 04-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

But I already had the Balance Cables to use. Two cables came with the Hyperion Duo charger.

And I am taking about 1S rc car batteries.

Maybe helis some day...

Cheers!