Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Powerlab8 with Maxamps Power Supply

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Happy to help. Enjoy your new battery workstation.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PorTX
Node Connector is showing FMA on the menu?

I tried to adjust the charge current higher. The menu on Charge Profile 2 goes from 3AMP down to 100MA. There is not an option to go over 3amps?

Even trying to start a charge cycle on that. I get a solid dull beep that is a different tone than a regular button push. The screen does not display "LipoLipoLipo" at all?
Note:
3.0A C is 3 C automatic. The A stands for Auto.
You do have to let the charger know what is the aximum limits of your PS also.......
Old 02-20-2012, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks to ufoDziner. He had me go through a few programs and narrowed it down a bit. Changed the balance board then it showed to be a bad set of banana plugs. Changed those out to the other set that came with the charger combo. Then, I finally got to see how quick this thing will charge! I think it can charge faster than I can discharge them in the buggy!

THANKS AGAIN, to ufoDzinger!
Hope its all working well for you and enjoy our product. Any questions and feel free to ask.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by REVOJohn
Hope its all working well for you and enjoy our product. Any questions and feel free to ask.
PM sent about the first set of banana plugs and the one balance board not working.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 270 (100%+)

Sounds like a balance plug problem. Make sure balance plug is conected
Old 02-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

It was the actual balance board and 1 set of banana plugs that were not allowing the charger to work properly. ufoDzinger had me call him last night and he had me go through the process. As I did what he told me, we got a fault code and he had me change the balance board. Then we got the code that the banana plugs were not working. Changed those out and it worked fine. This afternoon, I tried the first set of banana plugs. Did not charge. So it appears that I got 1 balance board and 1 set of banana plugs that are faulty????
Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

When it rains, it pours...

Ordered some lipos. Decided since I had the charger issue behind me. I would install my Deans connectors and get the batteries ready for use. Hooked this up to the charger.....

1-3.83v 2-3.37v
3-3.84v 4-1.35v
Attached Thumbnails Powerlab8 with Maxamps Power Supply-lipodead-002.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

When it rains, it pours...

Ordered some lipos. Decided since I had the charger issue behind me. I would install my Deans connectors and get the batteries ready for use. Hooked this up to the charger.....

1-3.83v 2-3.37v
3-3.84v 4-1.35v
Did you try to charge this pack? The charger has a rescue mode that it will enter in an attempt to save the cell. Might be worth a try.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trying that now... :fingers crossed:

The low cell is at 2.01 now...pretty cool to see only one cell gaining, yet the other cells stay idle.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Trying that now... :fingers crossed:

The low cell is at 2.01 now...pretty cool to see only one cell gaining, yet the other cells stay idle.
Stay close to that thing while rescuing it and a few cycles after
Old 02-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Sitting right next to it...along with using a lipo sack. I am planning to use the charger to cycle it a few times (slowly) before using it in the buggy.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Sitting right next to it...along with using a lipo sack. I am planning to use the charger to cycle it a few times (slowly) before using it in the buggy.
Yeah, then just be sure to check the cells when you pull it out of the car for the next few runs.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 270 (100%+)

I use 2 of the new PL 6 chargers and love them, Glad to see you got your problem figured out.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Looks like the new charger is already paying off! It brought the new lipo back! I have used the charger to run the battery through about 5 cycles and all the cells balance now. The only question is why is that one cell discharging faster than the others? When discharging, that cell usually will be about 3.84-3.86 when the others are 3.93-3.95. Is that going to be a major issue when I start using it in the buggy?

Yes, I love how quick this charger can get batteries charged. But I also love that it will discharge and get them to storage levels...super quick!! With my old charger I would have to make sure to run all charged batteries down at the track or spend, hours on each battery getting them to storage levels!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Looks like the new charger is already paying off! It brought the new lipo back! I have used the charger to run the battery through about 5 cycles and all the cells balance now. The only question is why is that one cell discharging faster than the others? When discharging, that cell usually will be about 3.84-3.86 when the others are 3.93-3.95. Is that going to be a major issue when I start using it in the buggy?

Yes, I love how quick this charger can get batteries charged. But I also love that it will discharge and get them to storage levels...super quick!! With my old charger I would have to make sure to run all charged batteries down at the track or spend, hours on each battery getting them to storage levels!
great to hear this.
this is becaure all REVOLECTRIX chargers active charge....that is we analysis the IR of every cell then make a decision as what to do. You'll see the charger changing its charge profie every so often during your charge