Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Orion Vortex 8 with mysterious SKWIEEEK! >

Orion Vortex 8 with mysterious SKWIEEEK!

Orion Vortex 8 with mysterious SKWIEEEK!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Orion Vortex 8 with mysterious SKWIEEEK!

My MP9e 1/8 buggy has the Orion Vortex 8 combo with 2050kv motor.

Engine bearing (end bell) got loose so opened up the motor and fixed it.

Now the motor has a strange issue. It runs. Super smooth actually. In the air (so no load) it runs full throttle. Again super smooth.

On the ground the car also runs super smooth. Forward, backward, braking. All fine. Until I give full throttle. It takes about 1 second and then the motor appears to go into FULL brake. Car stops immediately.

At first I would let the throttle go in a reflex and just look amazed thinking my remote or calibration was off. It was not.

When I keep full throttle after the car stops I get a VERY loud SKWIEEEEK sound from the motor. It continues until I let the throttle go.

When I then give some throttle again the cars runs fine. Until I give full throttle again.... SKWIEEEK! I can actually run for many minutes without issues just giving half throttle. Everything looks normal until I give full throttle... Full brake and SKWIEEEEK!

It's really silly and I don't know what's wrong... Any thoughts?